Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
knowledge dropper

TRUMP 2020 HQ - The Great Place

1 hour ago, The General said:

He’s been wrong plenty. Thought this would be over like a miracle. Thought it was contained early. Those are pretty significant errors.

Are you talking about Fauci, the main stream media or Trump? 

27 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I thought we were talking about wind?

Also, boutique energies won't cut it.  We'll still need coal for the foreseeable future.  Plus, there'll be no room to move with all the windmills in the way.  No thanks.

Wind is a renewable. It was the first thing they mentioned. 

Just now, The General said:

Wind is a renewable. It was the first thing they mentioned. 

Of course it is.  What do you think harnesses that wind?

And how do you harness wind for enough energy for 330 million people?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

Are you talking about Fauci, the main stream media or Trump? 

In this instance Trump. He’s been wrong a lot.

The point was being made that doctors are wrong so why trust their opinions on everything. People are going to be wrong. Trump, doctors, media. Everyone.

Take Trump’s record here and definitely going with pretty much anyone else.

40 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I thought we were talking about wind?

I thought it was bags of wind or hot air.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Of course it is.  What do you think harnesses that wind?

And how do you harness wind for enough energy for 330 million people?

We are veering away from the original point here.

Someone posted some rambling line from Trump on AOC talking about renewables. 

It seemed relevant that as he made these comments (why this is being brought up about him who knows) we just as a nation produced more energy from renewable sources than we did coal for 40 consecutive days.

This should be a thing everyone should celebrating as progress. Have no idea why this would be a political issue.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, timschochet said:

You raise good questions and I don’t have the answers. That is because I’m not a medical expert. I defer to them. 

I really don’t understand why this has become a political issue. When I’m in a plane I defer to the pilot. When my car breaks down I listen to a mechanic. And when we have a pandemic, I trust in the doctors. 

See therein lies the problem. You listen to the doctors that share the narrative of your political side. When I posted about an earlier timeline and a high number of as yet accounted asymptomatics back in March, I wasn't sharing accounts from sanitation workers and cocktail waitresses. I posted links from left leaning websites citing actual SCIENTISTS, DOCTORS, AND VIROLOGISTS who had those beliefs. Very accomplished and esteemed experts at that. But people like yourself and others dismissed it as quackery because your media consumption spoon fed you opposing viewpoints by their chosen scientists, doctors, and virologists. Essentially people listen to the experts who support their viewpoint. Governors are doing just the same.

And where relying strictly on cherry-picked health professionals leads us astray is illustrated by Dr Fauci. He has been dead wrong numerous times and I believe he refuses to make those mistakes again so now he errs on the side of extreme caution. Which is great if health is the only factor we have to worry about. Bring a sociologist and an economist into the room and suddenly Fauci's extra precaution isn't practical. Here's a great example in what we have with Dr Fauci - He actually co-authored a very extensive study on the 1918 Spanish Flu. One of the major findings of that study was the fact that people fared much better being outside where they received more Vitamin D and breathed fresh air. The study even showed how an outdoor hospital in Boston achieved the greatest recovery rates, recovery speeds, and fewest transmissions to hospital staff. But guess what was lacking and still is lacking from Dr Fauci despite ample evidence of the same outdoor benefits with Covid-19? Answer: Fauci hasn't promoted the outdoors much at all. And he's sat back without a peep as governors have at times closed beaches and parks. Why? Because he's afraid of going out on a limb. Probably because of all that bad tape in January and February telling us that this was likely not going to be a big deal and that we should be more concerned with flu season. I'm sure there are some who believe he didn't want to admonish a Dem governor and that may also have been the case.

Here's the problem with that. Fauci is the chosen expert. We need someone who takes all the knowledge gained and applies it. We now know about the benefits of sunlight, outdoors, who really is at risk, where to focus care and resources, and the benefit of MASKS. Yet barely a word from Fauci on those things. He's still just focused on shutdowns. There's no doubt in my mind that Fauci now understands these things yet he doesn't want to act on them. He's practicing CYA and no longer willing to be the slightest bit wrong about anything. That's unacceptable from an expert.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, adonis said:

I thought it was bags of wind or hot air.

I agree.  We should stop this "boutique energy can take care of us all" hot air.

13 minutes ago, The General said:

In this instance Trump. He’s been wrong a lot.

The point was being made that doctors are wrong so why trust their opinions on everything. People are going to be wrong. Trump, doctors, media. Everyone.

Take Trump’s record here and definitely going with pretty much anyone else.

Almost everyone was wrong so this does not reflect poorly on Trump.  He trusted the health experts which he should have done.  Trump has been great as he put the travel ban on himself saving thousands of lives.  

• Like 3
  • Laughing 3

Just now, Don't Noonan said:

Almost everyone was wrong so this does not reflect poorly on Trump.  He trusted the health experts which he should have done.  Trump has been great as he put the travel ban on himself saving thousands of lives.  

We're just going to focus on the bad, never the good.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I agree.  We should stop this "boutique energy can take care of us all" hot air.

If we chose to focus on this we could make coal a boutique energy. This would be a good thing for everyone.

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

You can’t just believe that the CNN polls are fake, you have to believe that ALL the polls are fake. Every poll in Pennsylvania has Biden in the lead: 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/pennsylvania/

I fear you’re being misled by a small but vocal minority of Trump supporters. He’s not popular there. 

I absolutely 100% do not believe any of these polls. Look at the betting markets, President Trump is still the favorite. And my god look at Joe Biden he is an absolute mess. 

3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

It has been a difficult situation. Our response has been poor. The people at the top get the blame. 

• Like 3

what’s with the super duper missile?  

2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

I absolutely 100% do not believe any of these polls. Look at the betting markets, President Trump is still the favorite. 

What do you think the betting markets were saying in 2016? 

• Thinking 1

On 5/15/2020 at 8:32 AM, timschochet said:

Travis I have nothing against you or any of the Trump supporters here or elsewhere. I found what you wrote funny, but if you’re serious then I think you’re badly mistaken. I don’t believe President Trump is governing in your best interests, or anyone’s including his own. But whatever, it’s too late. Even if he loses the election the damage is done, and if he wins, I’m not sure that things will get much worse. So in truth the election means far less to me than it did. One way or another we need to find our way out of this mess. 

Hope you and your family are staying safe and  healthy. 

Tim, I brought up some suspensions yesterday.  I shouldn't have.  that was snark by me & I'm sorry.

Remember though gang, Joe Biden currently has a 6pt lead over President Trump. 

Charlie Kirk@CharlieKirk11

Presidential job approval after 1209 days in office, according to Gallup polling:

George W. Bush—46%

Barack Obama—47%

Donald Trump—49%

Imagine how much higher it would be if the media reported fairly and honestly on his administration

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1261794207829655552?s=21

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

23 hours ago, timschochet said:

If you truly feel that way then I can understand why you would support him. But can you understand why many of us, based on the facts, do not feel that way? 

And then there’s another point as well: President Trump could truly care for America, want the same things that you want, and yet still be a lousy President because he’s incompetent, simply incapable of performing the most important duties of the office in the same way that I would be an incompetent NFL quarterback. Do you accept this possibility? (Because I believe it to be true.) 

No.  He has accomplished a bunch all the while fending off a coup.

ripped up Iran deal.

out of Paris accord.

put the work requirement back in unemployment benefits.

more blacks working than ever.

drowned out some stupid government regulations to get people working.

prison reform-somewhat.

Got back remains of 8 or 10 soldiers from N. Korea.

Took on China in trade.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Remember though gang, Joe Biden currently has a 6pt lead over President Trump. 

Charlie Kirk@CharlieKirk11

Presidential job approval after 1209 days in office, according to Gallup polling:

George W. Bush—46%

Barack Obama—47%

Donald Trump—49%

Imagine how much higher it would be if the media reported fairly and honestly on his administration

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1261794207829655552?s=21

Wait, so you belive this poll?

Hard to keep track of you here. 

Polls are always wrong, except when they show Trump with a better approval rating. Betting markets are a better picture anyway, except in 2016 when Clinton was a huge betting market favorite. 

• Like 3

I mean a super missile would be one thing, but super duper?

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, the moops said:

What do you think the betting markets were saying in 2016? 

Way underestimating Trump. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joffer said:

what’s with the super duper missile?  

Donald Trump: (04:24)
Well, thank you very much. I appreciate it. We’re building right now incredible military equipment at a level that nobody’s ever seen before. We have no choice. We have to do it with the adversaries we have out there. We have, I call it the super duper missile, and I heard the other night, 17 times faster than what they have right now. Then you take the fastest missile we have right now. You’ve heard Russia has five times, and China’s working on five or six times. We have one 17 times, and it’s just gotten the go ahead. 17 times faster if you can believe that, General. That’s something, right? 17 times faster than what we have right now, the fastest in the world by a factor of almost three.

Yes, the new [says here] "press secretary" addressed this question.

The Pentagon referred the question to the President. Kayleigh referred them to the Pentagon.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Way underestimating Trump. 

Exactly. So now they are what? Accurate? Way underestimating Biden? Underestimating Trump again?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, joffer said:

so 17 times?

Yeah... 17 times... seven. teen.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yeah... 17 times... seven. teen.

I think that justifies “duper”. If it was just like 5 or 10 times, that would only be “super”

7 minutes ago, the moops said:

Exactly. So now they are what? Accurate? Way underestimating Biden? Underestimating Trump again?

Oh, you are trying to say betting markets arent accurate with outcomes.  That's not how betting markets work. They set the lines based on public opinion.  They are very good at that, public opinion isnt as high on Trump as his successes unless you think they've done a 180 since 2016. The public is likely underestimating Trump again. Trump -130 still a great bet imo.  

On 5/14/2020 at 7:02 PM, tonydead said:

I've decided on our get into restaurants when they open names and numbers. 

Reveal hidden contents

James Constantine 206-263-9600

Patricia Murray 206-553-5545

:kicksrock: Inslee backs down after being pressured by the ACLU.  Completely optional. 

17 times faster!

We are creating a missile that can travel at 122,000 miles per hour!

:lmao:

15 hours ago, Max Power said:

https://youtu.be/TerpohlBAjo

Kayleigh McEnany takes on reporter over Flynn.

:wub:

I could watch that all day. :wub:

She’s a problem for the MSM. I saw little Brian on CNN going after her this morning. Looks like they got their marching orders,

37 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I could watch that all day. :wub:

She’s a problem for the MSM. I saw little Brian on CNN going after her this morning. Looks like they got their marching orders,

A real problem? 

Almost nobody is watching her. Of those that do, most people think she’s a clown. They make fun of her. It’s a little cruel because she’s so easy a target. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s a little cruel because she’s so easy a target. 

In what way would you say she’s “an easy target “ ? 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

32 minutes ago, timschochet said:

A real problem? 

Almost nobody is watching her. Of those that do, most people think she’s a clown. They make fun of her. It’s a little cruel because she’s so easy a target. 

I’m getting a slight whiff of sexism here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

I can’t and won’t speak for Tim but me personally?  The content and actions she forced to defend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

I can’t and won’t speak for Tim but me personally?  The content and actions she forced to defend. 

Good lord, yes. No Press Secretary of Trump's has even the most minimal credibility.

Just now, roadkill1292 said:

Good lord, yes. No Press Secretary of Trump's has even the most minimal credibility.

Oh, this is fantastic.   She has more credibility in her left pinky finger than the entire DNC controlled MSM has in it's entire workforce.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Edited by timschochet

2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

I’m getting a slight whiff of sexism here.

I would suggest the sexism comes from the ❤️ comments about this woman from several of you guys, which poor Sarah Huckabee never received. 

• Like 1