Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
knowledge dropper

TRUMP 2020 HQ - The Great Place

3 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Do you guys realize the Democrat Party is such a disaster right now

As a liberal, I think its great. Its beneficial to the union.  Leave the lock-steeping and afraid to speak out to the righties.

4 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Do you guys realize the Democrat Party is such a disaster right now President Trump is defending Pelosi from criticism within?  Is there anybody luckier than President Trump right now?

Agree Trump is the luckiest dude like, ever.

Dem party in shambles? Meh. Maybe. They've been a joke for a while now. But I'm old enough to remember how the GOP was over, done, a smoking slag heap, in need of a total teardown/ rebuild...

And then Trump won the election. 

Careful what you believe. 

7 minutes ago, Herb said:

Dem party in shambles? Meh. Maybe. They've been a joke for a while now. But I'm old enough to remember how the GOP was over, done, a smoking slag heap, in need of a total teardown/ rebuild...

And is the party in shambles?  Or some in congress?  I don't think the party is in shambles as far as support of one of the candidates for President.

10 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

:D

"I'm smoking a cigarette, and they bring me a glass of merlot. And we're sitting there a little while, and here's the president drinking iced tea and chomping on Nicorette," Boehner told Politico.

"What else do you need to know about the two of us?"

In February 2011, Michelle Obama, a champion of healthy living during her time as first lady, announced that her husband had quit smoking for more than a year.

Nicorette gum is used to alleviate cravings for cigarettes, which typically stop two weeks after someone quits smoking.

Despite this time discrepancy, Boehner said he never saw the president sneak a cigarette, and he credited that to Michelle Obama.

Asked whether he had ever seen Obama succumb, Boehner said: "Oh no. No no no. He's scared to death of his wife. Scared. To. Death."

Kinda rulez. I like Barry the human.

There are guys on the left in here that sound about as smart as my high school friends on facebook do when it comes to Trump. Hint: It's bof sidez, and my high school was not, I mean not selective. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

This article does not back up your statement. 

Sure it does...look at his height, weight, bp...eating habits.

Now Trumps.

Look at any picture of the two...its clear which is the healthier human with healthier habits.

14 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Wow way to minimize the bolded. That might just be the understatement of the year. Trumps entire adult life as been based on this “shtick”.  

And to be clear I am not endorsing Warrens BS what so ever, I hate it, but it’s like when Trump supporters rail against Trump opponents as liars.  There are a few legs if you’re (speaking to the collective you not you specifically)a Trump fan you just can’t stand on, hating liars and phonies are certainly the biggest.  

I don’t think you understand in the real world how little people care the things you posted.  You’re rehashing the 2016 campaign.  But cultural appropriation?  That’s going to be a huge problem for Liz.  

12 hours ago, Herb said:

The Democrat Party doesn’t have a Trump to save them.  Big difference.  Sanders is the only one who can save them and the party leaders would rather rig and booby trap the whole thing than have him win.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The Democrat Party doesn’t have a Trump to save them.  Big difference.  Sanders is the only one who can save them and the party leaders would rather rig and booby trap the whole thing than have him win.

We're over a year out from the election.  At this stage in 2015, no one considered Trump a 'savior' either. At this point he was basically a punchline (and still is to many).

Very much disagree with your take on Sanders.  Dems need someone young and fresh who doesn't have decades of DC swamp stink attached to them. No Sanders, no Biden, no Warren (although I personally like her). Buttigieg is practically perfect IMO.

Still way too early to tell what's going to happen. 

Edited by Herb
Spellins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I don’t think you understand in the real world how little people care the things you posted.  You’re rehashing the 2016 campaign.  But cultural appropriation?  That’s going to be a huge problem for Liz.  

So you somehow think I don’t live out in the world like you?  What make you think you have a better read on it?  Your opinion of the real world carries no more weight then mine and vice versa.  

I’m not rehashing anything.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  What Warren did is deplorable, I’m not a supporter of her’s, but the hypocrisy is too thick for me to ignore when Trump supporters try to call her out ( or anyone) for lying or misrepresentation.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

This will be a problem with what core group? 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Sure it does...look at his height, weight, bp...eating habits.

Now Trumps.

Look at any picture of the two...its clear which is the healthier human with healthier habits.

Since you can’t backup your claim with any hard facts, please use the phrase “in my opinion” when disparaging our President and his physician in this thread.   That phrase can help distinguish opinion pieces from blatant falsehoods. 

TIA

• Like 1

Just now, knowledge dropper said:

Since you can’t backup your claim with any hard facts, please use the phrase “in my opinion” when disparaging our President and his physician in this thread.   That phrase can help distinguish opinion pieces from blatant falsehoods. 

TIA

What i posted is not a blatant falsehood.  HTH

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

So you somehow think I don’t live out in the world like you?  What make you think you have a better read on it?  Your opinion of the real world carries no more weight then mine and vice versa.  

I’m not rehashing anything.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy.  What Warren did is deplorable, I’m not a supporter of her’s, but the hypocrisy is too thick for me to ignore when Trump supporters try to call her out ( or anyone) for lying or misrepresentation.  

I think you and about 5 or 6 other posters here are like Drew Barrymore in the movie 50 First Dates.  You wake up every morning and it’s October 28, 2016.  The same shtick every day from the campaign comes up that most Americans have moved on from.  I know it’s being used to “point out hypocrisy” but it’s tired, old and ineffective.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Herb said:

We're over a year out from the election.  At this stage in 2015, no one considered Trump a 'savior' either. At this point he was basically a punchline (and still is to many).

Very much disagree with your take on Sanders.  Dems need someone young and fresh who doesn't have decades of DC swamp stink attached to them. No Sanders, no Biden, no Warren (although I personally like her). Buttigieg is practically perfect IMO.

Still way too early to tell what's going to happen. 

Not trying to step on your candidate at all (even Al Sharpton alluded to this) but being married to a 29 year old hipster looking white dude named Chasten seems to be a deal breaker in the African American community.  He’s got no shot.

Edited by Widbil83
  • Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

What i posted is not a blatant falsehood.  HTH

It absolutely is.  You cannot determine one's health based on his looks.  That's the most ridiculous thing ever posted on this forum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Not trying to step on your candidate at all (even Al Sharpton alluded to this) but being married to a 29 year old hipster looking white dude named Chasten seems to be a deal breaker in the African American community.  He’s got no shot.

I have the sad feeling we've all been Chastened at one point. 

*tee hee* *tee hee*

• Laughing 2

26 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

This will be a problem with what core group? 

White people for starters.  You really don’t think this hurts her?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

I think you and about 5 or 6 other posters here are like Drew Barrymore in the movie 50 First Dates.  You wake up every morning and it’s October 28, 2016.  The same shtick every day from the campaign comes up that most Americans have moved on from.  I know it’s being used to “point out hypocrisy” but it’s tired, old and ineffective.  

Good for you for settling and accepting the lying and partisanship, that’s certainly your right, just own it though and don’t pawn it off as what most Americans accept.  That’s your choice.  Lump me in with whomever you need to to make yourself more comfortable, I really don’t care, but my feet are firmly planted in today.  Trump has been a lying con-man since long before the election and will be long after.  It’s who he is, my opinion has not changed because you and others are accepting of it.  

Trump will likely be around for another 6 years and life will go on.  The scales will balance again as they always do and the same 5/6 of you feeling good about yourselves now will be on the other side screaming just like you were when Obama “was ruining the country”.   

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I don’t. I think it’s irrelevant. 

What hurts Warren is that she’s too progressive for southern black voters. That’s what will prevent her from winning the nomination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

I don't know that Buttigieg is 'my candidate' but I do like him. I hope you're wrong about the gay thing being a deterrent, it may be among blacks. Give Trump and the GOP more time to piss off assorted minority communities and get back to me in April next year. Maybe blacks will be so fed up they'll vote for anyone with a D behind their name, like lots of other people. 

In July 2015, Trump had no shot. His campaign was a novelty back then. We all know how that turned out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

It absolutely is.  You cannot determine one's health based on his looks.  That's the most ridiculous thing ever posted on this forum

What about if they are disgustingly obese and eat #### food all the time?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

He’s an obese dude. No real problem with this, it happens when you are an old guy who doesn’t exercise and eats poorly. He likes his fast food and watching TV, not like that’s too out of the norm or anything. 

It’s really odd though when he’s constantly judging people on their appearance when he’s out there in his makeup, clown clothes, strange hair etc. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

TIA

He’s getting taller in his old age to avoid obesity

That’s one way to do it. Another would be eat well and exercise.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Healthier?

Or this?

Relax, its a joke here...Obamas was after his presidency and Trumps before.  Though plenty of visual evidence out there of both during their tomes in office. Calling Trump the healthiest ever is funny.  W also appeared to be and still appears to be in pretty good shape.   And as a side note, read a few things about he and Bono today that was pretty cool.  From how Bono would call him out often and even trying call the White House live during shows...to now being friends after W invited him to the white house amd theybfound cimmin ground on work in Africa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And as a side note, read a few things about he and Bono today that was pretty cool.  From how Bono would call him out often and even trying call the White House live during shows...to now being friends after W invited him to the white house and they found common ground on work in Africa.

Thought this was a cool picture
(It was actually HW /41 he called during the concerts)

3 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Thought this was a cool picture
(It was actually HW /41 he called during the concerts)

Didn’t pull up but probably the same thing I saw on FB today that led me to read other things about them.  W is quite interesting in his after office life.  

:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Herb said:

I don't know that Buttigieg is 'my candidate' but I do like him. I hope you're wrong about the gay thing being a deterrent, it may be among blacks. Give Trump and the GOP more time to piss off assorted minority communities and get back to me in April next year. Maybe blacks will be so fed up they'll vote for anyone with a D behind their name, like lots of other people. 

In July 2015, Trump had no shot. His campaign was a novelty back then. We all know how that turned out.

Yes, lowest unemployment in history for African Americans I am sure they are "fed up" with Trump right now.

• Like 2

Black voters have always been as evenly split as conservatives & liberals in ideology but the difference has always been in the commitment to civil rights. In that respect blacks have always put principle over power / profit, which is what Americans have been begging Trump supporters to do. It’s hard to imagine they’d stop now given Trump’s rhetoric.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

I’m just going to skip the usual discussion about the inappropriateness of ‘Pocahontas’. To me she’s an American hero, a part of colonial lore and it’s outrageous Trump is so disrespectful to her memory. I consider it unpatriotic:

As for whites though, I don’t know. I don’t mind admitting I’m not bold enough to make calls. But you know I’m perplexed by Trump supporter behavior and that’s why I’m here. The *only way I see a ‘white’ person objecting to Warren’s ethnic claim to Cherokee lineage is if they feel like there’s something bad about a white person denying they’re white, is that what you mean? I hope not. - My objections aside I can see how Trump’s usual themes of hypocrisy would be effective here. I’m sure that’s the thrust and it’s pretty obvious Trump’s just going with his one trick of voter suppression again, that’s the whole thing.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Yes, lowest unemployment in history for African Americans I am sure they are "fed up" with Trump right now.

Curious.  What was black unemployment when Obama took office and what was it when Trump took office and what is it now?

10 hours ago, Herb said:

I completely disagree with you about African Americans being fed up with Trump and voting for any Democrat.  Did you watch the Democrat debate?  They all raised their hands for free healthcare for illegals, some even argued to decriminalize crossing the border.  They care more bout non citizens than actual citizens.  Trump will improve on his 2016 vote totals with African Americans in 2020. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I’m just going to skip the usual discussion about the inappropriateness of ‘Pocahontas’. To me she’s an American hero, a part of colonial lore and it’s outrageous Trump is so disrespectful to her memory. I consider it unpatriotic:

As for whites though, I don’t know. I don’t mind admitting I’m not bold enough to make calls. But you know I’m perplexed by Trump supporter behavior and that’s why I’m here. The *only way I see a ‘white’ person objecting to Warren’s ethnic claim to Cherokee lineage is if they feel like there’s something bad about a white person denying they’re white, is that what you mean? I hope not. - My objections aside I can see how Trump’s usual themes of hypocrisy would be effective here. I’m sure that’s the thrust and it’s pretty obvious Trump’s just going with his one trick of voter suppression again, that’s the whole thing.

How many White Claws have you had tonight down there? :lol:  Yes that is exactly what I mean, Liz Warren is the Rachel Dolezal of the Democrat Presidential field.  Even non Trump supporters seem to admit as much.  Look at @dkp993 he hates Trump and says what Liz Warren did was absolutely deplorable . 

Warren's misleading Native American claims are disgraceful, even for American politics.

She has no chance at my vote.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

How many White Claws have you had tonight down there?

In full disclosure it’s been a storm weekend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Yes that is exactly what I mean, Liz Warren is the Rachel Dolezal of the Democrat Presidential field.  Even non Trump supporters seem to admit as much.  Look at @dkp993 he hates Trump and says what Liz Warren did was absolutely deplorable . 

I understand the point but why whites specifically? Isn’t the POV about Warren the same if you’re black?

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

In full disclosure it’s been a storm weekend.

You guys come out ok down there?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I understand the point but why whites specifically? Isn’t the POV about Warren the same if you’re black?

Because it's completely bizarre what she did.  And yes I guess it could be.

Here's the thing I don't get about Liz Warren supporters, why wouldn't you just Bernie Sanders?  He's the real deal, no bs and has all the same positions and some even crazier.  Is it an age things?  Because she's in her 70's as well.   

2 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

:goodposting:

Democrats always talk about people "voting against their interests."  I'm sure Jamaal from Cleveland is going to vote for "anybody with a D" just so they can suddenly grant 20 million people citizens and screw him over for work.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

You guys come out ok down there?

Yep fine, thanks. Cajun country’s another story.

• Like 2

Here's the thing I don't get about Liz Warren supporters, why wouldn't you just Bernie Sanders?  He's the real deal, no bs and has all the same positions and some even crazier.  Is it an age things?  Because she's in her 70's as well.   

You raise a fascinating question here; I’ve wondered about it myself. In terms of policy the difference between the two is pretty minimal. In fact I’ve heard both Bernie and Warren asked the question “How are you different from Warren/Bernie?” and neither one was able to give a coherent answer that I could understand. 

Maybe it’s because Warren is new to the Presidential race and Bernie is 2016. Maybe there are women supporting Warren who are resentful of Bernie for hurting Hillary, or because of the stories of misogyny that surrounded his last campaign. Maybe it’s Bernie’s tepid stances on gun control and impeachment of Trump. 

I don’t know. All I know is that it’s clear this time around that among progressives she has the momentum and he doesn’t. A good debate by him and a poor showing by her could always reverse that. But I wouldn’t count on the latter: she seems awfully prepared. 

This is the last hurrah for both of these people I think. The progressive torch is going to be passed to somebody younger, perhaps AOC. 

Democrats always talk about people "voting against their interests."  I'm sure Jamaal from Cleveland is going to vote for "anybody with a D" just so they can suddenly grant 20 million people citizens and screw him over for work.  

He will though. 

But Jamaal from Cleveland is not your problem. Your problem is all the Jamaals in Detroit, Milwaukee and Pittsburgh. They’re going for the D in a big way. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Jamaal understand that unemployment rate had been falling for years and has zero to do with Trump.

13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Jamaal understand that unemployment rate had been falling for years and has zero to do with Trump.

Again, please keep your blatant falsehoods and nonsense like this in other threads and out of here. Zero value and truth as usual. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Hey Jamaal you can have one of the #### jobs only illegal immigrants would do before.  That's what I see when anyone says blacks will now have work.

Edited by Mile High

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Again, please keep your blatant falsehoods and nonsense like this in other threads and out of here. Zero value and truth as usual. 

Then what has he done to lower that rate?  Do you dispute that that rate was lowering years before he took office?

And stop the blatant falsehood trolling.

20 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

:link:

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/08/576552028/fact-check-trump-touts-low-unemployment-rates-for-african-americans-hispanics

And a big problem with that claim is that those rates had been falling for long before Trump took office, and their declines don't appear to have picked up speed. This implies that there's nothing specific that Trump did to change this rate.

Indeed, both of these rates have been falling relatively steadily since around 2010, early in President Obama's tenure in the White House.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:
41 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

:link:

Here's one.

• Like 1