What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (17 Viewers)

Ugh, I've been trying to stay out of this, I even deleted a post about it, but:

• The info is from a washed up ex blonde bombshell actress with some extreme and disinformed views in other twitter posts.
  • She posts a video with no statement or branding of where it comes from.
  • The video is altered, it's slowed and cut.
  • The voiceover purports to be of an expert who is talking generally, he's not talking about Biden. It's laid over video of Biden to suggest he is, when he is not.
  • The goal of the video/post - by Kristi Swanson - is to convince the viewer not that Biden is a sexual predator, but that he is a pedophile. It's about "grooming" children.
The whole thing is sick and deceptive. I like Widbill, I appreciate him, I enjoy speaking with him and getting his POVs on things. Really not going at him, but this whole exchange is emblematic of the continuing sheer desire to absorb feel-good misinformation and disinformation.
Eeeeesh

Question.  What's your position on other leaders like Maxine Waters saying the Minnesota police killings were due to Trump?  How should something like that be handled?  What responsibility does the news outlet that airs that interview have?  What responsibility does Waters have?  How do we hold her accountable?
All good questions and all questions that are vastly widening the scope of the original discussion.  The original discussion was does Twitter have the right to delete or flag a post.  Your question venture off into the media and it’s responsibility.  With that said....

I have not seen the Waters quote, if she’s saying what you are claiming it’s flat wrong and irresponsible.  In this instance could Twitter delete or flag her posts on that, yes of course, noW “should they” is a whole different discussion which I do t believe they should or it’s their responsibility.  The same statement hold true for the Trump tweet. The right to vs should are totally different discussions. 

Wow, we went from Twitter trying to be the arbiter of truth to enforcer of morality. Have you seen some of the type of stuff Twitter allows?  

All good questions and all questions that are vastly widening the scope of the original discussion.  The original discussion was does Twitter have the right to delete or flag a post.  Your question venture off into the media and it’s responsibility.  With that said....

I have not seen the Waters quote, if she’s saying what you are claiming it’s flat wrong and irresponsible.  In this instance could Twitter delete or flag her posts on that, yes of course, noW “should they” is a whole different discussion which I do t believe they should or it’s their responsibility.  The same statement hold true for the Trump tweet. The right to vs should are totally different discussions. 

To those stuck in the conundrum I say vote 3rd party.  It’s time for another voice to get interjected into our political system.  
There is no room right now. The MSM is bought and paid for by the elite on both sides. A guy like Yang never stood a chance. 

The presidency is now only for swamp creatures or billionaires. We need some serious election reform. 

I've said this a few times.  I would rather the left be open and honest and just admit that what Biden is accused of is bad, and they don't like it, but it's anyone but Trump at all costs.  

You have people here who have publicly said they would take a recession over Trump, but are trying to defend Biden.  It is illogical and once again, hypocritical--which is the worst
While I won’t argue one bit what you are saying, this all (minus the recession question which was never posed in Obama, etc) is absolutely true about the right.  The hypocrisy on both directions is so thick you could cut it with a butter knife.  

There is no room right now. The MSM is bought and paid for by the elite on both sides. A guy like Yang never stood a chance. 

The presidency is now only for swamp creatures or billionaires. We need some serious election reform. 
Agreed.  That’s why we need to remember we hold the power with our vote.  Yang never stood a chance because of what Trump built a successful career (and ultimately a Presidency) on, branding and marketing.   It’s disgustingly disappointing.  

wowzer

What do the following things have to do with forming an opinion about Joe Biden?:

1- Being blonde?

2- Being a former actress?
Hm yeah the blondeness not so much, "blonde actress" just meant ex-starlet with zero insight into the issue. She's 1. not a reporter, 2. not even vouching for the material, 3. not even someone who would know anything about the subject, 4. she's as random as some Algerian dude posting Isis videos. I mean, Alec Baldwin thinks Orange Man Bad, same thing.

Lol Tony, it was just the claim "she didn't mean nothin' by it" is laughable. It outright claims Biden is a pedophile. Not a harasser or gross or an assaulter, the claim of the video is outright that he's a pedophile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke, walked away and left all the reporters sitting there and took no questions after they sat waiting for 45 minutes. :lmao:  

Can wait for the fake outrage coming.

Bigly on China.  China has been ripping us off forever well not during my Presidency but other presidents.

WHO didnt agree with me so I am taking away their funding.

I am the master of the deal but couldn't get a deal with China so ...

Even he must have realized he stepped in it, as also evidenced by his attempted backtrack on his “When the looting starts, the shooting starts" tweet. 
....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

I am asking this in all seriousness....but I already know the answer I'll get....

Was this tweet a dire prediction based on previous similar situations ... or an ominous threat of what will happen if looting occurs?

....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

I am asking this in all seriousness....but I already know the answer I'll get....

Was this tweet a prediction based on previous events or an ominous threat of what will happen if looting occurs?
Is there a “pouring gasoline onto a fire” option?

Was this tweet a prediction based on previous events or an ominous threat of what will happen if looting occurs?
He (or rather his aides) obviously realized it was perceived as a threat, particularly after the history of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" quote surfaced.

He backtracked on it with a tweet today and took no questions at a press conference where 35 reporters were assembled. If it had not been viewed as a threat he would not have qualified his original tweet, as there would have been no need to. 

He (or rather his aides) obviously realized it was perceived as a threat, particularly after the history of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" quote surfaced.

He backtracked on it with a tweet today and took no questions at a press conference where 35 reporters were assembled. If it had not been viewed as a threat he would not have qualified his original tweet, as there would have been no need to. 
Oh, when compared to the time it was used before, I have no doubt that it looks bad....and after thinking about it....he probably realizes that too.

I am talking about his original intent.

So, I am guessing that without President Trump's tweet, it would have remained peaceful?

You are basing that assumption on previous, similar events?

Even if he would have said..."If I had a son...."?
I'm suggesting he say something other than  "Thugs" and talking about looting and shooting in his 1st words to the nation about a tragedy.

Was this tweet a dire prediction based on previous similar situations ... or an ominous threat of what will happen if looting occurs?
The tweet is ambiguous it could be both.  If you read the first part of the tweet about the military it's easy to take it as a threat.  However the use of the word "but" between "the military" part and "loot and shoot" part leads me to interpret as a prediction. 

So, I am guessing that without President Trump's tweet, it would have remained peaceful?

You are basing that assumption on previous, similar events?

Even if he would have said..."If I had a son...."?
One way you can tell the degree of effect of Trump's words is you can see what happened the first time they were uttered, by the police chief of Miami in 1968.

President Trump’s announcement regarding Hong Kong and comments surrounding it are largely overshadowed by other news but what he said was important and I suspect most Americans, liberal and conservative, would agree with him. We should all support his firm stand on this. 

His original intent was that he wanted cops and/or the national guard to shoot looters.
Oh good grief.

When would they have time to do that what, with building all those internment camps for the gay community and all?

When he called for swift justice...was that for the looters or the offending police officers?

Users who are viewing this thread