What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

IF someone is looting, burning, causing damage, arrest them.

Meanwhile

100k dead from Covid19

worst unemployment ever.

cities are burning every night

ZERO leadership from the Trump admin.

Get this loser out of the white house for gods sake,  I was promised winning.
Feel free to role Biden out of the basement to address the arsonists, they are his people. 

Despite the current poll numbers, despite Trump’s failure to address the nation about the unrest, I think these protests and riots have put him in a real position to be re-elected, which I never would have believed only 48 hours ago. 

Basically Trump will adopt the Nixon strategy of running as the law and order candidate. This is a strength of his. He can avoid talking about the current economy, avoid talking about COVID, and simply promise to be tough. The broken glass, the looting, the graffiti about killing cops- these are all gifts to Trump. It might very well make him the favorite again. 

Despite the current poll numbers, despite Trump’s failure to address the nation about the unrest, I think these protests and riots have put him in a real position to be re-elected, which I never would have believed only 48 hours ago. 

Basically Trump will adopt the Nixon strategy of running as the law and order candidate. This is a strength of his. He can avoid talking about the current economy, avoid talking about COVID, and simply promise to be tough. The broken glass, the looting, the graffiti about killing cops- these are all gifts to Trump. It might very well make him the favorite again. 
Hopefully, it won't have an impact by the time of the election, but I agree it's very advantageous for Trump. And I'd think his failure to address it is because he knows that and isn't in a hurry for this to end.

When he does finally speak on it, I expect he'll do what he typically does.........a lot of blaming the radical left, some escalating, and little attempt to fix anything.

Have been thinking the same thing. Not sure it's enough to help him win, but the chaos helps him with his law and order shtick.

He was always going to be re-elected. All the counter productive protests going on now only help him though I agree.

I’m confused on why this would help Trump? Everything that is happening right now is all happening under HIS watch. Cities have been protesting and burning down for a good 5 days now and Trump hasn’t done a damn thing. Why would anyone be more inclined to vote for him if he takes the ‘law and order’ approach when he’s shown he wouldn’t even do that when a situation like this arises?

Biden was out on the streets yesterday talking and grieving with protestors in Delaware.

Trump was hiding in the basement of the White House tweeting like the coward and pathetic leader he is.
Where did you want the President yesterday considering the chaos going on outside of the White House?

I assume tonight or tomorrow an Oval address has to be coming? 
Beyond baffling that the WH literally and figuratively just went dark yesterday. 
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1267246677733380097/photo/1

That was by design. Trump and some of his advisors calculated that he should not speak to the nation because he had nothing to say, according to a senior administration official. He had no tangible policy or action to announce, nor did he feel an urgent motivation to try to bring people together. So he stayed silent.

Not sure I entirely buy that, considering the lack of something to say has never stopped him before.

This simply isn't true.   Trump addressed the riots when he was in Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden was out on the streets yesterday talking and grieving with protestors in Delaware.

Trump was hiding in the basement of the White House tweeting like the coward and pathetic leader he is.
We're asking people to be cool. If you want to discuss issues, please do that and be specific. If people want to use this forum to get their trolling slaps in, please do it somewhere else. 

I haven't heard too much crying from the MSM about how protesters are spreading COVID

I guess that kind of coverage is left for those rioting at the beach.

Where did you want the President yesterday considering the chaos going on outside of the White House?
To be honest, I don’t really care where Trump is at. I’m fine with him staying in the White House, but I want to see leadership, not him tweeting comments that are doing nothing productive.

Of course Trump alone can’t fix the riots and looting but he’s offered the public nothing in terms of calming people down. I would also like to see him talk about police brutality and lay out some of the steps we can take to revamp the police force so we can finally make some positive change against police brutality and discrimination.

In response to questions about what he was doing to address the tumult: "I'm going to win the election easily. The economy is going to start to get good then great, better than ever before. I'm getting more judges appointed by the week, including two Supreme Court justices, and I'll have close to 300 judges by the end of the year."

:confused:

I haven't heard too much crying from the MSM about how protesters are spreading COVID

My fellow North Carolinians are giving Gov. Cooper an earful today. He supports assembling of mass crowds for protests and fails to protect businesses from looting. Covid concerns are out the window now. Yet this same guy thinks it's too dangerous for the RNC to congregate and bring money to his state. 

There is no logic to this. 

In response to questions about what he was doing to address the tumult: "I'm going to win the election easily. The economy is going to start to get good then great, better than ever before. I'm getting more judges appointed by the week, including two Supreme Court justices, and I'll have close to 300 judges by the end of the year."

:confused:
Trump said that?

The election was clearly on the president’s mind on Sunday. In response to questions about what he was doing to address the tumult, Mr. Trump forwarded a reply through an aide that focused on the upcoming campaign.

“I’m going to win the election easily,” the president said. “The economy is going to start to get good and then great, better than ever before. I’m getting more judges appointed by the week, including two Supreme Court justices, and I’ll have close to 300 judges by the end of the year.” 

So yes.

The election was clearly on the president’s mind on Sunday. In response to questions about what he was doing to address the tumult, Mr. Trump forwarded a reply through an aide that focused on the upcoming campaign.

“I’m going to win the election easily,” the president said. “The economy is going to start to get good and then great, better than ever before. I’m getting more judges appointed by the week, including two Supreme Court justices, and I’ll have close to 300 judges by the end of the year.” 

So yes.
So no

As listed in Wikipedia....

Significant Civil unrest while President Obama was in office (1st Term)

2009 – Akron riots, March 14, 2009, 7 arrested; and July 2009, unknown number arrested, Akron, Ohio

2009 – 2009 G-20 Pittsburgh summit protests, Sept. 24–25, 193 arrested

2010 – Springfest riot, April 10, 200 police disperse crowd of 8,000 using tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, and bean bag rounds, near the campus of James Madison University; dozens injured. 30–35 arrested; Harrisonburg, Virginia.

2010 – Santa Cruz May Day riot, May 1, 250 rampage through downtown Santa Cruz attacking 18 businesses, causing an estimated $100,000 in damages. 1 arrested. Santa Cruz, California.

2010 – Oakland protest riot, November 5, Police made more than 150 arrests as a crowd broke windows and knocked down fences, protesting sentence of former BART officer in shooting of Oscar Grant on New Years Day 2009; see BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant. Oakland, California

2011 Madison Occupation. Protesters storm and occupy the Wisconsin state capitol building for 18 days.

2011 – Occupy Wall Street (Brooklyn Bridge protests). Demonstrators blocked the bridge and more than 700 people were arrested. New York, New York

2011 – Occupy Oakland Oakland protests riots. October. Protesters shattered windows, set fires, and plastered buildings with graffiti. Riot police fired heavy amounts of tear gas on the protesters.

2012 – NATO 2012 Chicago Summit, May. Conflict between riot police and protesters. Dozens of demonstrators clubbed and arrested.

2012 – Anaheim police shooting and protests, July 28. Violence erupted after multiple shootings in the neighborhood by police that included unarmed Manuel Diaz. 24 people were arrested.

Civil unrest BECAUSE President Trump won the 2016 election.

2016 – Anti-Trump protests, November 9–27. As a result of Donald Trump elected as 45th President of the U.S., thousands protested across twenty-five American cities, and unrest broke out in downtown Oakland, California, and Portland, Oregon. In Oakland, over 40 fires started and police officers were injured.

Significant Civil unrest while President Trump in in office (1st Term)

2017 – Berkeley, California, February 1, civil unrest ensued at UC Berkeley as Milo Yiannopoulos was scheduled to speak on the campus.[5][6]

2017 – 2017 Anaheim, California protests, February 21, protesters demonstrate after police officer grabs boy and fires his gun. Protesters damage property and throw bottles and rocks at police.

2017 – May Day, violence breaks out at May Day protests in Olympia, and Portland, as masked anarchists damage property and clash with police.

2017 – 2017 Unite the Right rally, Charlottesville, Virginia, August 11–12. At a Unite the Right rally of white nationalists and white supremacists opposing the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, rally attendees and counter-protesters clashed, sometimes violently. A woman, Heather Heyer, was killed and 19 other injured when a rally attendee drove his car into a crowd of counter-protesters. Two law enforcement officers also died in a helicopter crash while monitoring the event.

2017 – 2017 St. Louis protests, beginning September 15, large protests erupted when police officer Jason Stockley was found not guilty of murder in the shooting death of Anthony Lamar Smith on December 20, 2011. Some of the protests turned destructive and the police became violent. Windows were broken at Mayor Lyda Krewson's house and in the Central West End business district on the first night, many windows were broken in the Delmar Loop on Sept 16, a few were broken downtown on Sept 17 after police drove swiftly through a crowd following a peaceful march. Police conducted a kettling mass arrest operation of nonviolent protesters and bystanders, beating and pepper spraying many, including journalists, documentary filmmakers, and an undercover officer. Protests and sporadic unrest continued daily for weeks.

NOTHING DURING 2018....1st time since 2008.

2019 – Memphis riot, June 13, following the fatal shooting of Brandon Webber by U.S. Marshals, Memphis, TN. (the only one in 2019)

2020 – New York City FTP protests, Jan 31, Anti-Transit Police and MTA protest resulting in hundreds of arrests over the three separate days of demonstration. Vandalism and violence on train stations was reported.

2020 - George Floyd protests, started on May 27 in Minneapolis, Minnesota after the killing of George Floyd. He was allegedly killed in Minneapolis by a police officer. The officer was fired four days later and is facing murder charges. The riots nevertheless spread to many cities across the nation. Thus far, thousands have been arrested and many injured. Hundreds of millions of dollars of property have been destroyed or looted. The National Guard has been called out to some cities, as many police stations have been abandoned and burned by the rioters. Currently, riots are still occurring in places. The killing of George Floyd has garnered international condemnation.

**********************************************************************************************

I appears that civil unrest doesn't care which party hold the office of POTUS.
So, why are they blamed for them?

....and don't talk about, "How they were handled"....BOTH Obama and Trump have been criticized about their handling of civil uprising during their time in office.

This simply isn't true.   Trump addressed the riots when he was in Florida.
If anyone is interested, here were Trump's comments at NASA.

Before going further on this exciting day for all America in space, I want to say a few words about the situation in Minnesota. The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a grave tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans all over the country with horror, anger and grief. Yesterday, I spoke to George’s family and expressed the sorrow of our entire nation for their loss. I stand before you as a friend and ally to every American seeking justice and peace and I stand before you in firm opposition to anyone exploiting this tragedy to loot, rob, attack and menace. Healing, not hatred, justice, not chaos, are the mission at hand.

The police officers involved in this incident have been fired from their jobs. One officer has already been arrested and charged with murder. State and federal authorities are carrying out an investigation to see what further charges may be warranted, including against sadly, the other three. In addition, my administration has opened a civil rights investigation and I have asked the Attorney General and the Justice Department to expedite it. I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protestors and we hear their pleas, but what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or with peace. The memory of George Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters and anarchists. The violence and vandalism is being led by Antifa and other radical left wing groups who are terrorizing the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses and burning down buildings.

The main victims of this horrible, horrible situations are the citizens who live in these once lovely communities. The mobs are devastating the life’s work of good people and destroying their dream. Right now, America needs creation, not destruction, cooperation, not contempt, security, not anarchy and there will be no anarchy. Civilization must be cherished, defended, and protected. The voices of law abiding citizens must be heard and heard very loudly. We cannot and must not allow a small group of criminals and vandals to wreck our cities and lay waste to our communities. We must defend the rights of every citizen to live without violence, prejudice, or fear. We support the overwhelming majority of police officers who are incredible in every way and devoted public servants. They keep our city safe, protect our communities from gangs and drugs and risk their own lives for us every day.

No one is more upset than fellow law enforcement offices by this small handful who failed to abide by their oath to serve and protect. My administration will stop mob violence and we’ll stop it cold. It does not serve the interest of justice or any citizen of any race, color, or creed for the government to give into anarchy, abandoned police precincts, or allow communities to be burned to the ground, won’t happen. Those making excuses or justifications for violence are not helping the downtrodden, but delivering new anguish and new pain. From day one of my administration, we’ve made it a top priority to build up distressed communities and revitalize our crumbling inner cities. We fought hard with Senator Tim Scott ___ and many others to create opportunity zones, helping to draw a surge of new investment to the places in our country that need it most.

We must all work together as a society to expand opportunity and to create a future of greater dignity and promise for all of our people. We must forge a partnership with community leaders, local law enforcement and the faith community to restore hope. Radical left criminals, thugs, and others all throughout our country and throughout the world, will not be allowed to set communities ablaze. We won’t let it happen. It harms those who have the least, and we will be protecting those who have the least. The leadership of the National Guard and the Department of Justice are now in close communication with state and city officials in Minnesota and we’re coordinating our efforts with local law enforcement all across our nation. In America, justice is never achieved at the hands of an angry mob. I will not allow angry mobs to dominate, won’t happen. It is essential that we protect the crown jewel of American democracy, the rule of law and our independent system of justice.

Every citizen in every community has the right to be safe in their workplace, safe in their homes and safe in our city streets. This is the sacred right of all Americans that I am totally determined to defend and will defend. My administration will always stand against violence, mayhem and disorder. We will stand with the family of George Floyd, with the peaceful protestors and with every law abiding citizen who wants decency, civility, safety, and security. We are working toward a more just society, but that means building up, not tearing down.

But that means building up, not tearing down, joining hands, not hurling fists, standing in solidarity, not surrendering to hostility.

The MSM is always going to focus on the tragedy happening right now, as opposed to the one that will happen in 2 weeks.

My fellow North Carolinians are giving Gov. Cooper an earful today. He supports assembling of mass crowds for protests and fails to protect businesses from looting. Covid concerns are out the window now. Yet this same guy thinks it's too dangerous for the RNC to congregate and bring money to his state. 

There is no logic to this. 
That is not true:

Joe Bruno

@JoeBrunoWSOC9 Governor Cooper says he wants protesters to wear a mask and social distance

ETA: He also activated the National Guard to stop any looting. Your post is a bit misleading.

That is not true:

Joe Bruno

@JoeBrunoWSOC9 Governor Cooper says he wants protesters to wear a mask and social distance

ETA: He also activated the National Guard to stop any looting. Your post is a bit misleading.
Well, those looters are sure wearing masks....

....maybe not for reasons of COVID....but they are wearing masks.....and carrying 70" TVs.

The difference between "protesters" and "looters" are night and day....literally.

no its not...….he is clueless...…#bunkerboy....cadet bone spurs is a prime snowflake
Now....you want to see leaders in action!!

Today....a week into all this crap, ....Gov. Cuomo will talk to Mayor DeBlasio about maybe, thinking about implanting a curfew in NYC!

I, for one, am in awe of the steps that the Democrat leaders of these cities have done to curb the violence and bring peace to their communities.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
This is a speech by Bobby Kennedy after Martin King died.

- He wasn't president, but I think this sort of speech would go a long way. I hope someone delivers something like this soon.
Only half of the country would even listen.....and he'd be ridiculed by the MSM no matter what he said.

He's (and everyone else) has already said what happened to George Floyd was wrong.
He's already called for swift justice for the ex-officer.
He's already called for peace.

Who listened and who keeps stoking the flames?

What...another denouncing of the killer?
..another call for peace?

All he has left is martial law....and if he does that....the Left will  implode!

It is up to the leadership of each city and state to do it....for now.

Users who are viewing this thread