Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
knowledge dropper

TRUMP 2020 HQ - The Great Place

4 minutes ago, The Gator said:

Not in Ohio - but our district and surrounding districts have not announced fall plans yet.

Three options on table:

1.  All students attend school Monday - Thursday, remote on Friday for school cleaning 

2.  Half students attend Monday and Wednesday, the other half Tuesday and Thursday, everyone remote on Friday

3.  Half students attend Monday - Thursday week 1, remote week 2, the other half remote week 1, in school week 2 - all students remote on Friday.

In my area, some of the districts that have already announced are making plans similar to #2.  

11 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Maybe in your neck of the woods.  Not in Ohio.  Many schools are planning virtual or 50/50.  

Isn't Ohio a red state? So it isn't only the blue states.

Our school district plan is kindergarten thur 6th grade plus 9th and 12 grades to attend school 5 days a week. 7th,8th,10th and 11th grades students will go to school 5 days out of 10 and online 5 the other 5 days. One week some students will go 2 days the next week they will go 3 days. 

27 minutes ago, The Gator said:

Not in Ohio - but our district and surrounding districts have not announced fall plans yet.

Three options on table:

1.  All students attend school Monday - Thursday, remote on Friday for school cleaning 

2.  Half students attend Monday and Wednesday, the other half Tuesday and Thursday, everyone remote on Friday

3.  Half students attend Monday - Thursday week 1, remote week 2, the other half remote week 1, in school week 2 - all students remote on Friday.

Isn't #2 the worst for controlling the virus?   #3 would seem like the best option

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mile High said:

As far as I know most school district have plans to reopen in the fall. This is as usual, the conman is creating a problem that he can claim later he solved without really even doing to solving it.

You're calling it a con, then say most districts plan to reopen.  Then you admit that even you aren't even fully reopening:  

17 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Our school district plan is kindergarten thur 6th grade plus 9th and 12 grades to attend school 5 days a week. 7th,8th,10th and 11th grades students will go to school 5 days out of 10 and online 5 the other 5 days. One week some students will go 2 days the next week they will go 3 days. 

“If anybody sat here today, and told you that they could reopen the school in September, that would be reckless and negligent of that person,” Cuomo said.

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Isn't #2 the worst for controlling the virus?   #3 would seem like the best option

We voted for #3 

None are ideal, but 1 would probably be "worst" only because there would be no social distancing during the school day.

Logistically - 2 and 3 are nightmares for the school system.  We already operate on an A/B schedule - meaning kids take 4 classes on A days, and their other 4 classes on B days.  So, the process of splitting them into two roughly equal groups, and then getting the schedule ironed out will be a minor miracle. 

2 minutes ago, The Gator said:

We voted for #3 

None are ideal, but 1 would probably be "worst" only because there would be no social distancing during the school day.

Logistically - 2 and 3 are nightmares for the school system.  We already operate on an A/B schedule - meaning kids take 4 classes on A days, and their other 4 classes on B days.  So, the process of splitting them into two roughly equal groups, and then getting the schedule ironed out will be a minor miracle. 

My buddy works in a place where they can't work from home.  That office split them into two groups and they alternate weeks in the office and clean it every weekend.  Lets them social distance and have empty cubicles between people.

• Thanks 1

California's Teachers Association: "“It is clear that communities and school districts have not come close to meeting the threshold for a safe return to in-person learning, even under a hybrid model.”  "Impossible Task"

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

California's Teachers Association: "“It is clear that communities and school districts have not come close to meeting the threshold for a safe return to in-person learning, even under a hybrid model.”  "Impossible Task"

Teacher’s unions always have student and parent interests as the priority.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Here is where I think "both sides" are getting it wrong.

There is no "right" answer here.

There is no 100% safe re-opening plan.  It simply does not, and cannot, exist.

At the same time, it would be foolish to simply ignore the risks and say "we have to live with it".

Somewhere there is a middle ground we we mitigate some risks, and accept some risks.  Both sides need to give a little to get to that point.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, The Gator said:

Here is where I think "both sides" are getting it wrong.

There is no "right" answer here.

There is no 100% safe re-opening plan.  It simply does not, and cannot, exist.

At the same time, it would be foolish to simply ignore the risks and say "we have to live with it".

Somewhere there is a middle ground we we mitigate some risks, and accept some risks.  Both sides need to give a little to get to that point.

This is one of those turning moments in the run up to the election, imo.  Democrats can't scream Carona! and reopen the schools at the same time.  The logic falls apart.  And even the Blue State governors are pushing to open the schools because they know the vast majority of people want that.  Kids are going to be back to school and Biden will still be locked in his basement.

ETA: and opening the schools will help the economy.

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Prinefan said:

Lol...  Sure.  Our blue state governor has stopped our state's opening (NC).  Teachers are retiring or otherwise seeking other employment.  The economy isn't going to be helped by millions more people getting sick and dying before we have a resolution for the virus.  You sound like you're quoting the Orange Bunker Boy.  Wow, just wow.

Wat?  Millions more people dying?

In trying to make any sense of what you wrote I think you have a bleak outlook on the economy.  Did you see the Nasdaq hit an all time high this week?  Not an all time since the Covid, an all time high ever.  Schools opening creates jobs which will help the economy.  That's just fact.  Everything opening will help the economy.

Will more people die as a result of opening too fast in some places, yes.  But there is an economic cost and like it or not America is reopening and a large majority of Americans want the schools to reopen this fall.

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

So it’s very clear the MAGA message is being suppressed here . We suspected it was a one way street. It’s definitely confirmed 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

So it’s very clear the MAGA message is being suppressed here . We suspected it was a one way street. It’s definitely confirmed 

LOL  

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Don't think it's suppressed.  Just can't imagine there's that many people who would actually admit they still believe.  

51 minutes ago, Prinefan said:

Don't think it's suppressed.  Just can't imagine there's that many people who would actually admit they still believe.  

You should get out more.  Get out to the sound very often?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Prinefan said:

Sorry man.  Getting out more is what's exacerbating this pandemic.  

life is dangerous.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

life is dangerous.

Unnecessarily so in the US it seems.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Prinefan said:

Some of us haven't missed a day of work.  Restaurants are finally open and we are going extra often and tipping high.  Come out the water is fine!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, The General said:

Unnecessarily so in the US it seems.

It's because we're the most obese country.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

time for cancel culture to ban elevators.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That’s probably not helping. 

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

it's called Putting On Mass. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Prinefan said:

We’ve already established the criteria of who shouldn’t be going out sir-

1. Elderly 

2. Persons easily susceptible/preexisting conditions 

3. People who suck their thumb in fear all day watching CNN

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Good thing we currently have a fit example of a president to lead us forward.

12 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

We’ve already established the criteria of who shouldn’t be going out sir-

1. Elderly 

2. Persons easily susceptible/preexisting conditions 

3. People who suck their thumb in fear all day watching CNN

It doesn’t seem like we are responsible enough as a nation to be trusted with simple preventative measures.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The General said:

It doesn’t seem like we are responsible enough as a nation to be trusted with simple preventative measures.

No shame in being number 3 good buddy.

• Laughing 1

Just now, Widbil83 said:

Work smarter, not harder friend.

I work for a Japanese company. Get updates on their COVID response and results once a week. I am honestly embarrassed by the #### show we got going on.

• Like 6

The Democrats (Trump re-election team) don’t even hide it anymore. 

The Hill@thehill

Reporter asking about Christopher Columbus statue in Baltimore: "Shouldn't that be done by a commission or the city council, not a mob in the middle of the night throwing it into a harbor?"

Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "People will do what they do."

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1281258102587785218?s=21

2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

:lol::goodposting:

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

The Democrats (Trump re-election team) don’t even hide it anymore. 

The Hill@thehill

Reporter asking about Christopher Columbus statue in Baltimore: "Shouldn't that be done by a commission or the city council, not a mob in the middle of the night throwing it into a harbor?"

Speaker Nancy Pelosi: "People will do what they do."

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1281258102587785218?s=21

Do what you want. Isn’t that Alpha material?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The General said:

Work smarter, not harder friend.

I work for a Japanese company. Get updates on their COVID response and results once a week. I am honestly embarrassed by the #### show we got going on.

Funny so do I. However comparing the two countries is Ridiculous.  The Japanese are like no other people on the planet.  They follow rules from birth  

Yeah, no fair comparing to successful responses, they're smarter. Not apples to apples!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

Funny so do I. However comparing the two countries is Ridiculous.  The Japanese are like no other people on the planet.  They follow rules from birth  

Agreed. The Japanese are definitely a different culture than us. 

Regarding COVID. They present the information in our meetings where they say they the country is concerned with a spike in infections and that they went from like 300 cases to 330 in a week across the nation and it’s a failure that they didn’t do better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Yeah, no fair comparing to successful responses, they're smarter. Not apples to apples!

Kind of hard to argue with the results here.

They have like around 1000 deaths had no shutdown.

Makes us look like a bunch of stupid hicks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Apple Jack said:

You obviously have no understanding of their culture or people. I’d rather be American and have our COVID than Japanese and theirs.   Would be nice to have the lower numbers but I wouldn’t change a thing. 

Edited by boots11234

5 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

You obviously have no understanding of their culture or people. I’d rather be American and have our COVID than Japanese and theirs.   Would be nice to have the lower numbers but I wouldn’t change a thing. 

How’s about a little less of this

Could post a thousand of these

Guys I wouldn't be shocked. I've said it before, you can come here and read a few threads and really get a feel for how many---not a few but MANY--posters here really feel about our country as a whole.  It's rather sad to see so many Americans have such disgust for the country I love.   I don't want to be Japan or Finland, or South Korea --I like the US.

• Love 1

On 6/26/2020 at 8:42 AM, Clayton Gray said:

Don't post like this.

Clayton sorry about that, as the line seems to move a bit it’s hard to keep up sometimes. Just in this thread we’ve gone from it being ok to having a POTUS supporters thread, it was ok to self police, trolls were punished for trolling, then trolling was fine and don’t report, then some just got there posts deleted with no punishment, then some get vacations.

No intentions to break any rules and definitely don’t want a vacation so I can’t follow my CYDY portfolio. My apologies.  :hifive:

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, tonydead said:

Open Schools isnt going to play well for the Dems. Thats a good thing for Trump to get behind. 75% of people want the schools to open. 

If schools don’t open does anyone want to volunteer to watch my kids while my wife and I are at work?

12 hours ago, boots11234 said:
13 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

You can buy used panties in vending machines there.  Don't you tell me we have more freedom.

• Laughing 3

42 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

No intentions to break any rules and definitely don’t want a vacation so I can’t follow my CYDY portfolio

Right now it might be better to not see this info!  

*im in long but it has been a ride so far.  

31 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Right now it might be better to not see this info!  

*im in long but it has been a ride so far.  

I missed the peak!😪