What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

:shrug:

I’ll click your links but I Xd out as soon as I saw lincoln project . Might as well post Kyle Griffin tweets
I saw it retweeted on Rex Chapman's feed didn't even notice it was posted by Lincoln project. 

Just checked Foxnews.com and it's top of their site.

Have noticed like Drudge, Fox seems to be taking shots at Don more lately. Not to the extent of Drudge but still shots.

Ha. Got your #’s backward.  100 possibly deadly cases a day.  Opie is probably still safer at a Florida Tiki Bar based on his demographic than trying to ask for directions to his polling location in urban Chicago.  
Why would he be asking for a polling place in Chicago? That's not where he lives. It's been made clear that going to a big city is too terrifying a prospect to ever contemplate. Those places are hell holes!

Vacation?  For speaking truth?  Oh I see, just like Trump, if I say something he wouldn't like, I'm out. LoL!
True or not true calling others here sheep or the POTUS a moron don’t really fly.  I’m not reporting you, as reporting isn’t my thing.  But typically either one of those things will get you a vacation.  🤷‍♂️

The General said:
Personally I didn’t have issue when people called it the Wuhan. I changed my mind when Asian people I work with told me they started having people they knew getting yelled at to leave the country and the like.

Seemed liked the least I could do was call it something else if that helped.
My issue with the phrase "it's a Chinese Virus" and the defense of it that it somehow merely accurately describes a virus is that it flies in the face of general grammatic principles. While I recognize that Trump in his tweets will capitalize words to add stress to them and otherwise ignore that it isn't proper grammar and, as such, maybe those rules just don't apply anymore, when one double capitalizes "Chinese Virus" it forms it into a title. In doing so it's not longer descriptive. Furthermore, the proper article in the sentence before the title should be "the" and not "a" since the double capitilization has taken it from a descriptive phrase to a title. 

For example, phrases like "Asian food" or "German beer" are properly descriptive and I can't see any issues with them. I also didn't initially see any issue with the early use of "Wuhan coronavirus" since it's probably not uncommon for such titles to be given based on the place where the virus was first documented. But, as explained ad nauseam, the title "Covid-19" was assigned pretty early on, it's commonly accepted, and, as such, I think one can reasonably deduce that the use of another word to refer to "Covid-19" is intentional. 

Trump's "Chinese Virus" (and its use by others) it two-fold problematic. One, it's grammatically a title and therefore not a mere descriptor, and two it's use is blatantly intentional since there were other commonly accepted names. I think the only reasonable deduction when hearing someone (e.g. Trump) use the phrase is that it's being used to be intentionally inflammatory. 

Finally, as others have pointed out, it just seems so silly to me when there other very viable and usable terms for things to just just use them when an immutable group of people says, "hey, can you not use that term?" It's like calling a guy named Joseph "Joey" after being asked not to. Yeah, arguably there isn't something wrong with "Joey" and we'll even assume arguendo that Joseph is being a bit sensitive, but so what? How ####### hard is it to just use Joseph. Similarly, even assuming there's no ill intent in the use of "Chinese Virus," how ####### hard is it to just use "coronavirus" or "covid-19" or "this annoying virus that has shut down my favorite restaurant" or whatever. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My issue with the phrase "it's a Chinese Virus" and the defense of it that it somehow merely accurately descriptive of a virus is that it flies in the face of general grammatic principles. While I recognize that Trump in his tweets will capitalize words to add stress to them and otherwise ignore that it isn't proper grammar and, as such, maybe those rules just don't apply anymore, when one double capitalizes "Chinese Virus" it forms it into a title. In doing so it's not longer descriptive. Furthermore, the proper article in the sentence before the title should be "the" and not "a" since the double capitilization has taken it from a descriptive phrase to a title. 

For example, phrases "Asian food" or "German beer" are properly descriptive and I can't see any issues with them. I also didn't initially see any issue with the early use of "Wuhan coronavirus" since it's probably not uncommon from such titles to be given placed on the place where the virus was first documented. But, as explained ad nauseam, the title "Covid-19" was assigned pretty early on, it's commonly accepted, and, as such, I think one can reasonably deduce that the use of another word to refer to "Covid-19" is intentional. 

Trump's "Chinese Virus" (and its use by others) it two-fold problematic. One, it's grammatically a title and therefore not a mere descriptor, and two it's use is blatantly intentional since there were other commonly accepted names. I think the only reasonable deduction when hearing someone (e.g. Trump) use the phrase is that it's being used to be intentionally inflammatory. 

Finally, as others have pointed out, it just seems so silly to me when there other very viable and usable terms for things to just just use them when an immutable group of people says, "hey, can you not use that term?" It's like calling a guy named Joseph "Joey" after being asked not to. Yeah, arguably there isn't something wrong with "Joey" and we'll even assume arguendo that Joseph is being a bit sensitive, but so what? How ####### hard is it to just use Joseph. Similarly, even assuming there's no ill intent in the use of "Chinese Virus," how ####### hard is it to just use "coronavirus" or "covid-19" or "this annoying virus that has shut down my favorite restaurant" or whatever. 
Man, you've come a long way, Woz.  :thumbup:

I just think we as a group of FBGs are above using incendiary language to describe an awful pandemic.  We can be better.  

Man, you've come a long way, Woz.  :thumbup:

I just think we as a group of FBGs are above using incendiary language to describe an awful pandemic.  We can be better.  
In the words of Melania (possible stolen from Michele Obama), "be best!" 

Or, you know, just don't be a #### when it isn't necessary. And it isn't necessary to use the title "Chinese Virus." 

The  :potkettle:  in here is next level hilarious with the years of childish attacks against our President and stooping to levels I’ve never seen adults yet all of the sudden they are above referring to a virus from China as the China virus. Only in here, this is rich.  :loco:

The  :potkettle:  in here is next level hilarious with the years of childish attacks against our President and stooping to levels I’ve never seen adults yet all of the sudden they are above referring to a virus from China as the China virus. Only in here, this is rich.  :loco:
Any particular examples?

And, those attacks on Mr. Trump were asked to stop here or offenders were and will continue to be punished.

This isn't hard.   

Wat?? He owned Wallace, you see how he proved him wrong on the deaths?? Fake news and showed him that Fox is no longer worth watching and that Wallace is nice to the Libs. True Alpha behavior shown during that interview, minus the sweating of course...
I haven’t watched the whole interview yet. How did Trump prove Wallace wrong on the deaths?

I did see the clip where Trump said the last five questions on his cognitive test (which he got all right) were really hard and that there was no way that Wallace would be able to answer them correctly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem isn’t people on a board, it’s the president. His twitter feed, the way he says he communicates with the country, is far more ridiculous than the stuff posted in here.

This Chinese virus stuff is so transparent. It really is pathetic. 

The problem isn’t people on a board, it’s the president. His twitter feed, the way he says he communicates with the country, is far more ridiculous than the stuff posted in here.

This Chinese virus stuff is so transparent. It really is pathetic. 
If the President is the problem then I wouldn’t emulate the same behavior on a football message board in response to him. That doesn’t solve anything and puts those acting childish in the same level. Just a friendly suggestion, don’t expect it to end the hypocrisy though. Everyone is too far down that road.  

I haven’t watched the whole interview yet. How did Trump prove Wallace wrong on the deaths?

I did see the clip where Trump said the last five questions on his cognitive test (which he got all right) were really hard and that there was no way that Wallace would be able to answer them correctly. 
I think he was kidding. 

Users who are viewing this thread