What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Movie Club: We're Getting the Band Back Together: Metallica vs Nina Simone Movie Docs (5 Viewers)

I currently have

• Netflix

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Amazon Prime

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • HBO Max

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Hulu

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Disney+

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Criterion

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • TCM Chanel

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
They aren't quite as dark and adult as Thrones, but I really liked LotR and I'm not typically into fantasy. They are well worth checking out.
I resisted GoT until just before the last season because I didn’t think fantasy was my thing, but then I became addicted.  I’ll put LotR on my list.

I resisted GoT until just before the last season because I didn’t think fantasy was my thing, but then I became addicted.  I’ll put LotR on my list.
Just started watching it. I’m in season 2. It’s interesting, but it’s not “must see” for me. 

I've never been able to handle long form TV because I usually end up switching to sports.  I guess I'll see if that was the real reason :shrug:

Ilov80s said:
I think you have to at least wait until The Battle of Blackwater. If you aren’t in at that point, it’s a lost cause.
I guess.  Just figure if someone isnt loving it by this point, season 5 and on might get a little rough.  

I just added a poll for all everyone, maybe this thread can provide some leisure time now that all the sports are suspended. 

@jdoggydogg @Man of Constant Sorrow @KarmaPolice @wikkidpissah @krista4 @Osaurus @jwb @The Man With No Name @Bluto Blutarsky @Andy Dufresne @Yankee23Fan @Big League Chew @badmojo1006 @Gr00vus @Long Ball Larry @Scoresman @belljr @HellToupee @RC94 @Herb @prosopis @otb_lifer @Eephus @Walking Boot @Don Quixote

Hopefully I got most of everyone who has chimed in here. Sports are gone and social lives will be on hold. I added a couple questions to the poll here seeing if spending some more time watching movies and talking about them here is something people are interested in? Stay healthy everyone. 

@jdoggydogg @Man of Constant Sorrow @KarmaPolice @wikkidpissah @krista4 @Osaurus @jwb @The Man With No Name @Bluto Blutarsky @Andy Dufresne @Yankee23Fan @Big League Chew @badmojo1006 @Gr00vus @Long Ball Larry @Scoresman @belljr @HellToupee @RC94 @Herb @prosopis @otb_lifer @Eephus @Walking Boot @Don Quixote

Hopefully I got most of everyone who has chimed in here. Sports are gone and social lives will be on hold. I added a couple questions to the poll here seeing if spending some more time watching movies and talking about them here is something people are interested in? Stay healthy everyone. 
Too soon for Contagion + 28 Days later?  

(I can't joke in the other thread, plz don't ban me....) 

I may have to see how things are going, as the next few weeks could go either way for me.  Looks like my city is shutting down schools through mid-April. So, I may have to take care of him during the day and work at night for the next month.  I can split watching with my wife during the day, but she works for FEMA, so she's dealing with a bit more life and death stuff than me. So, I think I'm in for a long month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to see how things are going, as the next few weeks could go either way for me.  Looks like my city is shutting down schools through mid-April. So, I may have to take care of him during the day and work at night for the next month.  I can split watching with my wife during the day, but she works for FEMA, so she's dealing with a bit more life and death stuff than my lawyer self. So, I think I'm in for a long month.
Is your kid not interested in 70s art house cinema?  Best wishes this month, it will certainly be an interesting one for us all. 

i can talk about anything, of course. if we make 'hang out' threads, i'm there. i got two 95yos to calm & protect, so i'm already going less nowhere than i already was

tellya, tho, i'm already sick of listening about contagion and it and the zombieverse was already pretty much a no-fly zone for me onscreen. so i dunno about that as a club subject. if we need more subjects, i'm sure each club member has a few flicks hey'd like others to see & opine upon

I just watched an outbreak movie last night.

Did you know there's an animated prequel to Train To Busan called Seoul Station? It's okay but I'll never understand why Asian animation has to have its characters constantly yelling every line of dialog. And instead of sobbing it's a wailing.

Appreciate the offer, GB. But having 2 kids at home for the foreseeable future and working in a large hospital,  my already busy schedule is about to go bonkers. Unless you wanna start discussing and comparing the intricacies of Doc McStuffins, Ninjago or Minecraft. 

Appreciate the offer, GB. But having 2 kids at home for the foreseeable future and working in a large hospital,  my already busy schedule is about to go bonkers. Unless you wanna start discussing and comparing the intricacies of Doc McStuffins, Ninjago or Minecraft. 
Godspeed with the kids and thank you for all the hard work at the hospital saving our lives.

i can talk about anything, of course. if we make 'hang out' threads, i'm there. i got two 95yos to calm & protect, so i'm already going less nowhere than i already was

tellya, tho, i'm already sick of listening about contagion and it and the zombieverse was already pretty much a no-fly zone for me onscreen. so i dunno about that as a club subject. if we need more subjects, i'm sure each club member has a few flicks hey'd like others to see & opine upon
Yeah, I was just kidding with my list.  I think we’d want something right now as far away from that stuff as possible.

As for me, I could have a little more time to watch given people don't want to go out as much, or their being fewer places to go out to.  I already work from home, so no change to work schedule unfortunately.

agree with wik 100% ... ixnay on the ombiezay ####/theme

Ok, good.  and it looks like we all agree. Having member nominated movies would be cool. As for alive watch, looking at TCM and they have a 10:30 Butch Cassidy this Saturday and an 8:00 PM Dial M for Murder next Saturday which could be fun options. 

Ok, good.  and it looks like we all agree. Having member nominated movies would be cool. As for alive watch, looking at TCM and they have a 10:30 Butch Cassidy this Saturday and an 8:00 PM Dial M for Murder next Saturday which could be fun options. 
Some of TCM's recent theme nights have been timely. 

Last week (it may have been this week because it's been such a long week) when the Grand Princess was in the news, they showed three disaster movies set on ocean liners (Poseidon Adventure, A Night to Remember and The Last Voyage).

Now with most people hunkered down at home, there's a night called "Safe at Home?" with Dial M, Wait Until Dark and Elevator to the Gallows.

As for alive watch, looking at TCM and they have a 10:30 Butch Cassidy this Saturday and an 8:00 PM Dial M for Murder next Saturday which could be fun options. 
I think for the live watch, it would be good to keep it light with a bad/MST3K type movie

I think for the live watch, it would be good to keep it light with a bad/MST3K type movie
Any suggestions? I thought those movies while about serious topics, are actually pretty light and fun. Neither ever takes their serious events too seriously so I agree something kighter is better. 

I'm interested.  The main reasons I may not participate in some of these are because I couldn't get into the movie, or if it's Amazon and I don't have access to the movie.

I would be in on everything.

There was a thread about movies with midgets in them. It got me thinking that it might be fun to do a Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka pairing. In addition to watching and talking about these flicks it might be fun to discuss some of the trivia and strange stories connected to the films.

Next Friday at 10 TCM has Frankie and Johnny, a movie musical with Elvis as a riverboat gambler with Ellle May Clampett as his girlfriend. That has to be pretty bad. 

Ilov80s said:
Next Friday at 10 TCM has Frankie and Johnny, a movie musical with Elvis as a riverboat gambler with Ellle May Clampett as his girlfriend. That has to be pretty bad. 
It's a stinker

Don Quixote said:
To make up for the loss of the NCAAs, could do something like Hoop Dreams (on HBO Go) and Hoosiers, or something.
Nice.  Sports movies instead of actual sports?

Does Rounders count as a sports movie?? :oldunsure:   I could use some cheesy Malkovich. 

Thanks for what you do and good luck out there!  

I will have to pass on the bolded, but if you are talking about the social commentary presented in PAW Patrol, we have a deal! 

The Man With No Name said:
Saturday 3/21 on TCM

Bullitt 6 ET

Dial M For Murder 8 ET

Wait Until Dark 10 ET
Oooo, that looks good.  And I’ve only seen Dial M For Murder previously.

Users who are viewing this thread