What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvin Jones for a 2020 mid 2nd Rookie Pick? (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Dynasty 12 teamer, PPR TE premium...25 plus 2 TS spots.    WRs are:  Hopkins, Landry, Jeffery, Moncrief, D Parker, Amendola, Patrick, Watson. 

Was offered M Jones for my 2020 2nd, which should be no worse than mid to late.   So, in your opinion, is it worth it?

I'd make that deal. Jones is a solid depth option, and could push for your WR2 spot, if things break a certain way. Plus if your pick is no worse than mid to late, that suggests you are a contender, and Jones could be a piece that could really come in handy.

Its fine.  I probably don't make the deal because I would look to package that pick with something else for a bigger deal in season when you know what you may need.  

How many WR's can you start?  Right now I would have Jones as your WR3 at best.  Jones is fairly deceiving in that he puts up some huge games but also goes away at times.  So in the end he looks like a decent performer but hurts you along the way because you never know when to play him. 

I think this trade is still there weeks from now so no need to hurry on it right now. 

Its fine.  I probably don't make the deal because I would look to package that pick with something else for a bigger deal in season when you know what you may need.  

How many WR's can you start?  Right now I would have Jones as your WR3 at best.  Jones is fairly deceiving in that he puts up some huge games but also goes away at times.  So in the end he looks like a decent performer but hurts you along the way because you never know when to play him. 

I think this trade is still there weeks from now so no need to hurry on it right now. 
Thanks, Gally...   We can start up to 4 WRs... and have 2 flex spots.  I have:  RBs - Bell, Conner, Cook, Henderson, Edwards, T Williams (TS), and TEs - Engram, Rudolph, Walker, Witten, Thomas, Doyle.  As you can see, a BIG roster.  QBs are Watson, Roethlisberger, Garoppolo, Haskins

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it. I would counter with a 3rd.

you say  should be mid to late but with some bad luck could be 2.01 - 2.03

I don't like it. I would counter with a 3rd.

you say  should be mid to late but with some bad luck could be 2.01 - 2.03
my team has been solid in this league and never not made the playoffs.  Highly unlikely to be in the top of the round... and... based on value, a 3rd gets rejected with ease.

my team has been solid in this league and never not made the playoffs.  Highly unlikely to be in the top of the round... and... based on value, a 3rd gets rejected with ease.
Then it looks like Jones isn't a player that will get traded.  I don't think he is worth a 2nd either and wouldn't be willing to part with one to get him.  If his owner doesn't need him and wants to gain extra picks maybe he takes the 3rd or some combo (one of Amendola, Patrick, Watson) with it to get the deal done if you really want Jones.  To me I would be looking somewhere else to improve my WR corps. 

Is it start 4 WR and another 2 Flex spots, or start 2 with the ability to start up to 4 because of the 2 Flex spots.

If the former, I probably make the deal. If the latter, I probably pass.

Is it start 4 WR and another 2 Flex spots, or start 2 with the ability to start up to 4 because of the 2 Flex spots.

If the former, I probably make the deal. If the latter, I probably pass.
sorry about that... 2 WR minimum, with the 2 flex for a potential total of 4.   

As to the offer, I did turn it down.  

Users who are viewing this thread