What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Political comments about movies (1 Viewer)

Statorama

gangster
Went two pages deep and didn't see anything.

If you're looking for a movie that takes a big steaming dump on wokeness and politically correct culture, you'll find Shaft 2 your cup of tea.

If you're the type of dude that clutches his pearls at the thought of toxic masculinity, Shaft 2 will not be a fun time for you.  SJW's beware.

Shaft 2 is gleefully retro, and a shockingly good time at the movies.

In this era of mega blockbusters, I like to put my money down and support smaller films that catch my eye.

'Booksmart' went out of it's way (especially in the first 10 minutes) to let the audience know how woke it was, but once it settled into the 'teen party' formula it really clicked.  I had some good laughs with it.

I understand it didn't do as well at the box office as they had thought...did the director tweeting that she didn't want Trump supporters watching her movie have anything to do with that?

I thought Chernobyl was one of the finest pieces of movie/tv making I’ve ever seen. It is funny to me the various political messages that people claimed it was making beyond the obvious (& important) ones about the USSR. 

Art is subjective, everyone sees it differently which is why we love art.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you're looking for a movie that takes a big steaming dump on wokeness and politically correct culture, you'll find Shaft 2 your cup of tea.

If you're the type of dude that clutches his pearls at the thought of toxic masculinity, Shaft 2 will not be a fun time for you.  SJW's beware.

I didn’t even know there was a Shaft 2. How is the original Shaft viewed? I think it’s gotten better with time even though Roundtree is arguably doing a caricature.

I thought Chernobyl was one of the finest pieces of movie/tv making ive ever seen. It is funny to me the various political messages that people claimed it was making beyond the obvious (& important) ones about the USSR. 

Art is subjective, everyone sees it differently which is why we love art.
From what I understand, Putin isn't happy about how Russia was portrayed.

Aside from some obvious things it got wrong (you don't catch radiation poisoning from person to person like a cold) I thought it was a terrific series.  It nailed the bureaucracy perfectly from everything I've read about the incident. 

There is a search function. If you had bothered to use it, you would have discovered there is a thread about discussion of politically themed movies;

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/775771-political-movies-review-thread-the-american-president/?tab=comments#comment-21889160

Users who are viewing this thread