What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump's Orlando Rally Shows He's Running Out of New Tricks (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
Bloomberg Opinion Piece:

The president’s launch of his 2020 campaign sounded much like his 2015 pitch. But his failure to deliver on many of his old promises may hurt him.

Thoughts?  I did not watch the rally - did Trump promise anything new or different in Orlando?

Will that matter to his supporters?

No way. I saw a brief interview with some retiree at the rally and she said he’s done such a great job and so glad he’s taking care of things. 

Bloomberg Opinion Piece:

The president’s launch of his 2020 campaign sounded much like his 2015 pitch. But his failure to deliver on many of his old promises may hurt him.

Thoughts?  I did not watch the rally - did Trump promise anything new or different in Orlando?

It's not going to matter to his supporters.

It's not going to matter to his detractors.

He raised 24.8 billon in less then 24 hours of kicking off his re-election campaign.  More then any dem candidate raised in three months.

He doesn't need new tricks....

While hes rallying in Florida, the democrats are holding hearings on reparations.....At this rate a talking dog could win the Presidency over this ridiculous democratic party.  You don't need anything new to win.

He raised 24.8 billon in less then 24 hours of kicking off his re-election campaign.  More then any dem candidate raised in three months.
Is there somewhere that lists the biggest contributors?   I am curious how $24.8 billion could even be pledged in 24 hours.

#FakeNews

And - even if you correct it - it ignores that the GOP only have one candidate to support - v. 20+ for the Dems....

(And it ignores that that money also includes money to the GOP - which has a larger donation threshold than donors to an individual.  But keep on MAGA!!!!)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for confusing "million" with "billion" (and for misspelling billion, and for confusing "then" and "than"....twice).

Anyway, $24.8 million does seem like a lot....until you realize that Obama raised $29.7 million in June 2011.

$24 billion :lmao:   That's more than all the Dem candidates put together to date.  The entire election in 2016 was $6.5 billion.  People will believe damn near anything.

No new promises.....#### he hasn't even made good on the old ones.  And of course it won't matter to his supporters.

While hes rallying in Florida, the democrats are holding hearings on reparations.....At this rate a talking dog could win the Presidency over this ridiculous democratic party.  You don't need anything new to win.
I'm glad he's in FL.  He won it last election. Must be worried it's going to flip. A proactive, on the attack Trump is holding his kick off campaign in PA, (after his Party got smoked there in 18....it's hardly safe)CO, or NM.  I like that he's defending instead of attacking. 

No but that’s not the question. The question is can he win with just his supporters? And again the answer is no. No matter how excited and passionate they are, Trump can’t win again unless he pulls down some of the center to make up for the increase in Democratic voting as a result of his Presidency. And that looks unlikely because he’s doubling down on the base without trying to expand his support. 

I'm glad he's in FL.  He won it last election. Must be worried it's going to flip. A proactive, on the attack Trump is holding his kick off campaign in PA, (after his Party got smoked there in 18....it's hardly safe)CO, or NM.  I like that he's defending instead of attacking. 
So far, Trump has only scheduled rallies in swing states that he won in 2016. It would be an interesting strategy to basically concede all of the blue swing states, don't spend any money in any of the guaranteed red states, and just focus on retaining 3 or 4 out of PA/FL/OH/MI/WI.

So far, Trump has only scheduled rallies in swing states that he won in 2016. It would be an interesting strategy to basically concede all of the blue swing states, don't spend any money in any of the guaranteed red states, and just focus on retaining 3 or 4 out of PA/FL/OH/MI/WI.
Hillary did well with a similar strategy...

That strategy would open him up to losing states the GOP shouldn’t lose like Arizona, Texas, Georgia and North Carolina.

He will keep his base, but lose most of the middle who tossed him a vote “just to shake things up”. I think most of them realize that was a mistake.

On Day 1, will he repeal and replace Obamacare with something so much better and cheaper for all Americans- but he just can't yet tell us what it will be so that the libs don't steal the great idea from him?

He will keep his base, but lose most of the middle who tossed him a vote “just to shake things up”. I think most of them realize that was a mistake.
I honestly don't know anyone in this camp.  I know a bunch of rabid supporters and a bunch of people who didn't vote for him last time and won't this time.

Biggest difference will be the number of those in the middle who will vote Dem this time who either sat out or voted 3rd party because of Hillary.

I honestly don't know anyone in this camp.  I know a bunch of rabid supporters and a bunch of people who didn't vote for him last time and won't this time.

Biggest difference will be the number of those in the middle who will vote Dem this time who either sat out or voted 3rd party because of Hillary.
I know three people that voted Trump because they could not stand Hillary.    All three of them said they likely will not vote for Trump in 2020.

Why dont dems ever think some of the far progressive ideas of their party might push some to change from D to R in the voting booth?  Are you saying thats a zero chance of happening.  

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016....and I have said multiple times I think hes an embarrassment--BUT..The democratic party is losing my faith.  All the BS they are spewing right now makes me want to distance myself from that party as fast as humanly possible.  I can't be the only one.

Why dont dems ever think some of the far progressive ideas of their party might push some to change from D to R in the voting booth?  Are you saying thats a zero chance of happening.  

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016....and I have said multiple times I think hes an embarrassment--BUT..The democratic party is losing my faith.  All the BS they are spewing right now makes me want to distance myself from that party as fast as humanly possible.  I can't be the only one.
You voted for Hillary?  :shock:

I feel that way towards almost all of them.  Everyone seems so unlikable right now.  I'm tired of having crap options and crap parties and all the ridiculous people that support it blindly like it's their favorite sports team. 

I think 2018 was telling in regards to which side (the far progressive Left or a true Trump mandate) was going to be given more power by the voting public.  That message from the Left hasn't changed since that election cycle. 

I think that's a valid point -- 5.7% voted third party in 2016, vs. ~1.5% in the previous 2 elections.

However, I think the fact that the conservative candidates got the vast majority of those votes (3.97%) is a sign that 3rd party voters were more likely to be Republican voters than Democrat voters. I wouldn't expect those people to flock to Trump in 2020, but I wouldn't expect a large percentage of them (aside from the Jill Stein voters) to vote Democrat, either.

Huh. For someone who doesn't like Trump and wants to support a Democrat, you sure are on here supporting Trump a lot. Weird. 

I think it’s the silent Trump voters who will be the difference in 2020. All those voters who aren’t part of his base and might have voted for him out hatred of Hillary, for the economic benefit or fell for some of his claims like that he would hire the best people.

I'm rather skeptical that independents are going to buy into the idea that the current Democratic Party is too far extreme left, and that this will allow Trump to win again. But even if it's true, this problem is solved if, as expected, Joe Biden becomes the nominee.

Also, there is not a single person here ( or anywhere else that I know of) who is guaranteeing a Democratic victory.

I feel that way towards almost all of them.  Everyone seems so unlikable right now.  I'm tired of having crap options and crap parties and all the ridiculous people that support it blindly like it's their favorite sports team. 
what don't you like about Boot the Judge?

And the opposite is also true.  What the GOP has done over the past several years has put some who have usually voted GOO to be completely against the party.

I don’t see a scenario where he wins under the status quo.  Would take some major events to change that 

sho nuff said:
And the opposite is also true.  What the GOP has done over the past several years has put some who have usually voted GOO to be completely against the party.
Great point.  

Gopher State said:
24.8 million in 24 hours and 25k in a packed arena.  Running out of tricks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t see a scenario where he wins under the status quo.  Would take some major events to change that 
Major events ya say?

Like the nations that tried to influence the election in 2016 getting better at it because the present administration/ GOP have no interest in election security?

Maybe by 2020 they'll be able to change or nullify votes. Presto, 4 more years of Trump!

Major events ya say?

Like the nations that tried to influence the election in 2016 getting better at it because the present administration/ GOP have no interest in election security?

Maybe by 2020 they'll be able to change or nullify votes. Presto, 4 more years of Trump!
Foreign Countries actually changing election votes would be considered a major event

Users who are viewing this thread