What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump’s spiritual adviser seeks his protection from ‘demonic networks’ at reelection rally (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
WaPo article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/19/paula-white-donald-trump-orlando-rally-demonic-networks/

White, President Trump’s evangelical spiritual adviser, took center stage Tuesday night to give the opening prayer before the president announced his bid for reelection in front of thousands of supporters at the Amway Center in Orlando. She asked the crowd to join hands and, after a few minutes, interrupted her prayer to speak to the crowd instead of God, like an actress breaking the fourth wall.

“Now, I need you to really go with me here,” she said to a cheering crowd.

“Right now, let every demonic network who has aligned itself against the purpose, against the calling of President Trump, let it be broken, let it be torn down in the name of Jesus!” she prayed. She added: “I declare that President Trump will overcome every strategy from hell and every strategy from the enemy — every strategy — and he will fulfill his calling and his destiny.”

White’s appearance fit that theme. The wealthy televangelist, controversial in Christian circles, has ratcheted up support among evangelicals for the president’s hard-line immigration policies and used her Facebook following of more than 3 million to champion the idea that God has blessed Trump’s plans. On Tuesday, as Trump rehashed his 2020 vision by renewing calls for mass deportation, White’s messaging echoed the campaign.

“I declare that no weapon formed against [Trump], his family, his calling, his purpose, this counsel will be able to be formed,” White said in her opening prayer.

This seems a little scary.  :scared:

Do people really think God has "blessed Trump's plans?"   Why do they think God is playing favorites among his children?  What if Trump loses?  Does that simply mean that God changed his/her mind?

That gets into some pretty crazy things as with Sarah Sanders earlier comments about God choosing Trump.

The R's chose religious people. It won them the 2000 election. The D's chose the LBQGTSQA, or whatever they are, people. Both groups are being fooled by the party going after their vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Right now, let every demonic network who has aligned itself against the purpose, against the calling of President Trump, let it be broken, let it be torn down in the name of Jesus!” she prayed. She added: “I declare that President Trump will overcome every strategy from hell and every strategy from the enemy — every strategy — and he will fulfill his calling and his destiny.”
Sounds a little radical to me.

White’s appearance fit that theme. The wealthy televangelist, controversial in Christian circles, has ratcheted up support among evangelicals for the president’s hard-line immigration policies and used her Facebook following of more than 3 million to champion the idea that God has blessed Trump’s plans. On Tuesday, as Trump rehashed his 2020 vision by renewing calls for mass deportation, White’s messaging echoed the campaign.
I'm not a great Christian, I'm not a great Republican and I'm not big on open borders, but anyone who thinks that Jesus would be for deportation has seriously misread the New Testament.

Users who are viewing this thread