What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***MAGA***- the MAGA universe (1 Viewer)

https://news.avclub.com/dean-cain-kristy-swanson-reinvigorate-american-theater-1835517280/amp

1st up is a bit of entertainment 

Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson , in a play about Peter Strozk & Lisa Page called FBI Lovebirds 

Last year, we learned that FBI agent Peter Strzok was removed from the Mueller investigation (and subsequently fired) for exchanging anti-Trump texts with Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer with whom he was having an affair. For those with brains still safely encased within their skulls, this was a relatively minor footnote in the year’s torrent of disconcerting political news. For MAGA freaks, however, it was a sign of a dangerous conspiracy that must be exposed.

This thread is meant to be a stand alone companion to the Trump HQ thread. In here we will delve into everything MAGA in the news. I anticipate updating with MAGA news on a daily basis. Please keep it cordial 
I'll keep it as cordial as you do any thread that I start.  :yes:

The MAGA movement drives schools crazy

School Blames Teacher For Following Their Orders To Edit Out MAGA Shirt

Former yearbook adviser Susan Parsons has filed a lawsuit claiming the school district made her a scapegoat.

Wall Township, NJ – A New Jersey teacher has sued the school district she works for and accused them of making her a scapegoat in a very public controversy over the censorship of a Trump t-shirt in a public school yearbook.

Susan Parsons’ lawsuit alleges that the school’s principal and superintendent covered up what really happened and set the yearbook adviser up to “take the blame,” the Associated Pressreported.

The incident occurred in June of 2017 when the Wall Township High School yearbooks were released to the student body.

That’s when a student named Grant Berardo realized that somebody had edited his yearbook photo to remove President Donald Trump’s Make America Great Again (MAGA) slogan from the front of his navy blue t-shirt, the Associated Press reported.

The story quickly went viral and quickly became a national First Amendment argument.

Wall Township School District Superintendent Cheryl Dyer said at the time that neither the administration nor the student yearbook staff had a role in the decision to edit the picture, NJ Advance Media reported.

Parsons was suspended and later resigned her position as yearbook adviser.

Her lawsuit explained that school administrators regularly had her edit out anything that could be construed as controversial before the yearbook was published, the Associated Press reported.

That included words on shirts and questionable hand gestures.

Parsons said a school secretary acted as the principal’s proxy and had final say over the yearbook.

It was the secretary who told her to edit the Trump slogan off of Berardo’s t-shirt in the yearbook photo, according to the Associated Press.

Parsons said she voted for President Trump and, in her opinion, the shirt should not have been edited.

However, in Wall Township, where President Trump received 63 percent of the vote, the teacher has been treated like a pariah in the wake of the incident, NJ Advance Media reported.

Parsons said she received hate mail and threatening phone calls after the story went national, but the school district would not allow her to publicly tell her side of the story, according to the lawsuit filed against the district.

She said she’s become a paranoid recluse since being scapegoated by the school district and is afraid to leave her house in the township, New Jersey Advance Media reported.

“My life has not been the same, and I don’t think it ever will,” Parsons said. “For two years I’ve been living under someone else’s lies.”

The lawsuit Parsons filed in May calls for damages for a pay increase that she said was withheld after the yearbook incident, as well as compensation for emotional harm and other damages, New Jersey Advance Media reported.

She also wants to put an end to the school district’s policy that prohibits employees from doing media interviews without the superintendent’s permission.

“If you have any teacher that lied, withheld evidence, conspired to hide the truth… they wouldn’t have a job,” Parsons said. “How is it that this isn’t applied to administration as well?”

Parsons, a tenured employee earning $92,000 a year, was still working at Wall Township High School teaching digital media when her lawsuit was filed.

The school superintendent has continued to defend her handling of the matter and said she conducted a thorough investigation of what happened with the yearbook photo.

“I’m confident that when the full facts come to light, all of the actions of this office and the board of education will be found to be wholly appropriate,” Dyer said.

Adam Weiss, an attorney for the school district, released a statement to New Jersey Advance Media that said the district wouldn’t comment on the yearbook controversy and planned to defend itself in court.

I love lists of Trump's "accomplishments".  lol

Standing by Frat Boy Brett is an accomplishment?

Becoming the world's leading energy producer had something to do with Trump?

Bi-partisan legislation?

bahahahaha
https://www.houstonpress.com/news/5-objectively-good-things-trump-has-done-11286106

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/columnists/caucus/2019/05/02/alveda-king-trump-has-done-more-african-americans-than-joe-biden-presidential-race-iowa-caucuses/3649719002/

Say what you want about the MAGA apparel but anyone trying to ban such stuff isn't cool.  Freedom of Expression even if you don't agree with it.

Now swastikas....may be that is where you draw the line.  That's a tough one.

I love lists of Trump's "accomplishments".  lol

Standing by Frat Boy Brett is an accomplishment?

Becoming the world's leading energy producer had something to do with Trump?

Bi-partisan legislation?

bahahahaha
Appointing two supreme court justices that will defend the second amendment and possibly vote for right of life is by far the most impact-full thing that has happened in any recent presidency.  It's not close and not really a laughing matter.  It's probably the number 1 reason Dems can't afford another 4 years which will most likely include a RBG replacement.

If anyone gets his touring schedule. Please post in here.

I may take the summer of 2020 off to follow the tour.  I’ll be the dude in the Winnebago grilling MAGA hot dogs and burgers for gas money. 
You get a hot chick handing out the dogs during these events and you will be rich.

Appointing two supreme court justices that will defend the second amendment and possibly vote for right of life is by far the most impact-full thing that has happened in any recent presidency.  It's not close and not really a laughing matter.  It's probably the number 1 reason Dems can't afford another 4 years which will most likely include a RBG replacement.
Not an accomplishment and one was stolen.  What comes around goes around. Thomas sure as #### ain’t working much longer.

Hard to count that as an achievement (for anyone not just Trump).  It luck of the draw really.  Who retires or dies while someone is in office.  That’s a pretty low bar for achievement imo.  

Our Radical Democrat opponents are driven by hatred, prejudice, and rage. They want to destroy you and they want to destroy our country, as we know it. Not acceptable, it's not going to happen. It's not going to happen.

Not an accomplishment and one was stolen.  What comes around goes around. Thomas sure as #### ain’t working much longer.
Three sentences, three personal opinions that doesn't change any of the facts.

Hard to count that as an achievement (for anyone not just Trump).  It luck of the draw really.  Who retires or dies while someone is in office.  That’s a pretty low bar for achievement imo.  
If only he never won the election.

If only he never won the election.
Not really sure what your getting at here.  Winning the election is certainly an accomplishment.  Having 2 people retire/die while your in office isn’t.  And to be extremely clear I’d say this whoever was in office.  This isn’t an anti-Trump statement.  

I just find it extremely strange to list this as an accomplishment.  A win for the party sure.  

https://news.avclub.com/dean-cain-kristy-swanson-reinvigorate-american-theater-1835517280/amp

1st up is a bit of entertainment 

Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson , in a play about Peter Strozk & Lisa Page called FBI Lovebirds 

Last year, we learned that FBI agent Peter Strzok was removed from the Mueller investigation (and subsequently fired) for exchanging anti-Trump texts with Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer with whom he was having an affair. For those with brains still safely encased within their skulls, this was a relatively minor footnote in the year’s torrent of disconcerting political news. For MAGA freaks, however, it was a sign of a dangerous conspiracy that must be exposed.
My wife went to high school with Dean Cain. Knew him well. Santa Monica high school, same one Stephen Miller went to. 

Why did so many absolute nuts go to that high school? I’m going to have to tease her again.

My wife went to high school with Dean Cain. Knew him well. Santa Monica high school, same one Stephen Miller went to. 

Why did so many absolute nuts go to that high school? I’m going to have to tease her again.
Stop the trolling. FULL STOP. You know damn well coming into this MAGA thread and calling Stephen Miller a nut is trolling. Now I asked people to be cordial in this thread and you can’t do that. 

I’m  not asking people to just be positive, I wish they would but I’m not doing that, it’s possible to critical of the MAGA movement in a polite way. Please try to do this if you wish to criticize. 

Stop the trolling. FULL STOP. You know damn well coming into this MAGA thread and calling Stephen Miller a nut is trolling. Now I asked people to be cordial in this thread and you can’t do that. 

I’m  not asking people to just be positive, I wish they would but I’m not doing that, it’s possible to critical of the MAGA movement in a polite way. Please try to do this if you wish to criticize. 
How do we distinguish your schtick from your Schtick from your SCHTICK from your trolling from your real posts?  

And Miller is a nut.  

@HellToupee  I fully respect your desire to have a thread for people with a similar POV to yours to post in and have it not turn into a bashing thread like the vast majority of these here admittedly end up.  I truly do.  

With that said I assume the rolling emoji is an acceptable response in here as it a favorite of those who post opposing views in the anti-Trump threads.  Correct?   Thanks.  

@HellToupee  I fully respect your desire to have a thread for people with a similar POV to yours to post in and have it not turn into a bashing thread like the vast majority of these here admittedly end up.  I truly do.  

With that said I assume the rolling emoji is an acceptable response in here as it a favorite of those who post opposing views in the anti-Trump threads.  Correct?   Thanks.  
:fishing:

Users who are viewing this thread