What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Local Headlines (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
You dont need to include links or anything, but Im curious as to what people's local paper have as the main headline on a daily basis. You can use the physical paper or online version.

St. Paul board drops slave-owning president Monroe’s name from two school buildings

Cap and trade: What could Oregon’s carbon policy cost you?

Boy, can't wait to sink my teeth into that riveting piece of journalism! 

Corey Perry era is over in Anaheim as Ducks buy out his contract

Yeah that's at the top of the main page of the Orange County Register.  Sports, baby!

Pretty somber news on my local newspaper website.

Breaking: Two confirmed dead in a fiery crash that shutdown I-94

City in shock after police officer is shot and killed

Honeybee losses highest in 13 years this winter, University of Maryland-led survey finds

Baltimore Sun

Man of Constant Sorrow said:
Mitch McConnell: We paid for 'sin of slavery' by electing Obama

:doh:
Why would that be the front page, main story, on a local newspaper site?

Springboro parent on former teacher: ‘I would be very happy if he was put in prison’

Prosecutor: 100 incidents of physical contact by ex-Springboro teacher

Cincinnati Enquirer

“Local angler hauls in "monster" catch from Sea of Cortez”

( it really wasn’t a monster.  Just a 400lb sea bass.)

Cjw_55106 said:
St. Paul board drops slave-owning president Monroe’s name from two school buildings
This belongs in my thread about the commies coming for all historical figures that participated in historically normal things that we now consider abominations.

Freaking commies, what history?

"Could a tiny-house community for veterans come to LaVilla?"

(Slightly surprised Veterans wasn't capitalized since it's a group of people.)

Judge says traffic stop was illegally extended due to LMPD tactics

Local story heads the line this morning. It turns out I kinda know the officer in the story. He is a good guy, but I really do hate the tactics they use now.

which leads me to this amazing exchange at my kid's tumbling class last night

one woman is browsing the web on her laptop.. apparently reading the news.. these missing women are a mom & daughter. 

first woman: "OMG! THEY FOUND THE TWO WOMEN!"

second woman: the two girls from Dale??

first woman: YES! OMG! 

second woman: did you see the interview with the husband on the news the other day?  he totally did it

third woman: oh, yeah, he totally did it. those women are dead. no one is ever going to find them. it's so sad :(  

first woman: THEY WERE FOUND ALIVE AND SAFE!! IT'S A MIRACLE!

second woman:  it was definitely the husband... he totally kidnapped them and then found them so that he wouldn't look guilty.

third woman: totally. he looks like the type who would to that. it's always the husband in these cases. they act innocent but he definitely did this.

first woman: but.... they were found.... alive  :blink:

second & third woman: yeah.. whatever... he's still guilty, i bet (general chatter of agreement)

:oldunsure:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Visually on the local news:

'New heart risk quiz helps patients asses risk of heart disease'

In the auditory realm on the same channel some floozy anchor called it "Silicone Valley" and "Alpha Romeo" (like the Shakespeare dude).

And none of the news channels around here can spell "Mueller"--almost always "Meuller."

Users who are viewing this thread