What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to keep (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
In all likelyhood, I am going to keep 2 LB and 1 DB on my squad this year.  Derwin James is the DB.

But at LB, I drafted young last year and now have a decision to make, so I get to keep 2 of these and throw one back into the draft...

1, C Littleton - LAR
2, R Smith - CHI
3 T Edmunds - BUFF

2/tack, 1/asst, 4/sack, 5/int, 10/TD

14 team

Is this a complete toss up, or am I missing something?   Personally I like Edmunds, I think he can make the bigger plays as well as the standard tackle.  But Littleton is all over the place.

I guess Smith would be my cut if I had to today.  What say you?

In all likelyhood, I am going to keep 2 LB and 1 DB on my squad this year.  Derwin James is the DB.

But at LB, I drafted young last year and now have a decision to make, so I get to keep 2 of these and throw one back into the draft...

1, C Littleton - LAR
2, R Smith - CHI
3 T Edmunds - BUFF

2/tack, 1/asst, 4/sack, 5/int, 10/TD

14 team

Is this a complete toss up, or am I missing something?   Personally I like Edmunds, I think he can make the bigger plays as well as the standard tackle.  But Littleton is all over the place.

I guess Smith would be my cut if I had to today.  What say you?
That’s 4 good options to choose.  Whoever you cut is going to get scooped up by another team.

Of the 3 I’d probably cut Littleton, then Edmunds.  Smith would be my 1st choice keeper.  

Depending starting lineup requirements though I’d consider cutting Derwin if I could start all 3 of these LB on a weekly basis.  Feels like as good as Derwin is, DB stats are less consistent year to year and it’s easier to find breakout surprises each year at the position than it is at LB.

I could keep and start all 3 LBs, that would close me out at that position in our draft for the first 21 rds.   We have roster requirements by end of 21.   

I've never thought about it that way.   And James would be a huge trade piece to deal this summer, more than Smith, esp considering half of the league is in LA.

Even with out good James is I would keep the 3 LB's and shop James.  DB is a very easily replaceable position and with that few keepers it really doesn't make sense to keep him unless the scoring/starting requirments make DB's worth a lot more.  You can always find a DB on waivers that puts up top 10 numbers.  Even with as nice it is to have Derwin locked into the lineup so you don't have to think about it, I think I would keep the LB's. 

I could keep and start all 3 LBs, that would close me out at that position in our draft for the first 21 rds.   We have roster requirements by end of 21.   

I've never thought about it that way.   And James would be a huge trade piece to deal this summer, more than Smith, esp considering half of the league is in LA.
After posting I had the same thought.  My favortie way to solve keeper dilemmas has always been “shop them all and take the best deal I can get, keep the rest.”

Definitely shop Derwin.  But shop Roquan, Edmunds too.  You might find a buyer that’s in love with one of them, and you won’t be unhappy no matter who you deal away.

After posting I had the same thought.  My favortie way to solve keeper dilemmas has always been “shop them all and take the best deal I can get, keep the rest.”

Definitely shop Derwin.  But shop Roquan, Edmunds too.  You might find a buyer that’s in love with one of them, and you won’t be unhappy no matter who you deal away.
great advice.

True true.   On the defensive side, I guess i can afford to lose any one of them, or maybe two if it meant getting a strong offensive player.

Goff and Watson - superflex, so I am solid there

Kamara, Mack - can improve off Mack but like the upside

WR is weak, Landry, Kupp - wasnt planning to keep either

TE - Henry - want to see what he does in camp/preseason, make sure he is 100% back, but love that upside

Can only keep 8, so 2QB, 2RB, 1TE, 3 defense.   Then draft the heck out of WR.   I want D Adams or Hopkins...those are my trade target, with Theilen a bit lower down the ranks.

steelcityman said:
True true.   On the defensive side, I guess i can afford to lose any one of them, or maybe two if it meant getting a strong offensive player.

Goff and Watson - superflex, so I am solid there

Kamara, Mack - can improve off Mack but like the upside

WR is weak, Landry, Kupp - wasnt planning to keep either

TE - Henry - want to see what he does in camp/preseason, make sure he is 100% back, but love that upside

Can only keep 8, so 2QB, 2RB, 1TE, 3 defense.   Then draft the heck out of WR.   I want D Adams or Hopkins...those are my trade target, with Theilen a bit lower down the ranks.
I’d definitely see if Kupp+IDP would get you up as far as Theilen.

I expect you couldn’t get to Adams or Hopkins without a much bigger package.  Especially since your trade partner can only keep 8 also, so 2-for-1s or 3-for-1s are of much less value even than usual.

(Ideally you’d look for a rebuilder whose roster was so thin except for the elite WR that taking 3 of your pieces for him made sense.  But that sort of thing is much more common in dynasty leagues than keepers.)

Better approach might be to just see how good a WR you can get straight up for an IDP.  Or if you’re allowed to trade drat picks go for an upside guy with risk like a Kirk or Gallup and a pick back.  Play it right and the pick will let you draft a top IDP, and you’ll have gained a 3rd keepable receiver in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread