What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poor Sportsmanship? (1 Viewer)

Is This Poor Sportsmanship?

• Not at all

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • A little bit

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 43 46.7%

• Total voters
GroveDiesel said:
An MLB pitcher intentionally balked in the 9th inning with 2 outs, up 2 runs and a man on 2nd. He knew the runner on 2nd didn't matter and didn't want him trying to steal signs, so he intentionally balked to force the runner to 3rd and proceeded to get the batter out. A very interesting and seemingly smart move that I've never heard of before.

Sorry, not an answer in any way, but a fascinating situation in the realm of the question.
I saw that. Thought it was pretty interesting. They showed him pitching to the previous batter when only 1 out and you could see the distractions with dude on second so he said screw it, don't want to deal with it.  Now, if he throws a wild pitch or there's a PB or infield single after that then he'd have egg on his face then that's a diff story.  Ballsy move.

I saw that. Thought it was pretty interesting. They showed him pitching to the previous batter when only 1 out and you could see the distractions with dude on second so he said screw it, don't want to deal with it.  Now, if he throws a wild pitch or there's a PB or infield single after that then he'd have egg on his face then that's a diff story.  Ballsy move.
With being up two runs at the time that run was irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  He would have to give up a homer or an infield single followed by a double to get in trouble.  Either of those things would have the same repercussions whether or not the original runner was on 2nd or 3rd so the balk was irrelevant regardless of those things happening or not. 

With being up two runs at the time that run was irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  He would have to give up a homer or an infield single followed by a double to get in trouble.  Either of those things would have the same repercussions whether or not the original runner was on 2nd or 3rd so the balk was irrelevant regardless of those things happening or not. 
oh thanks. Guess i didnt pay attention to the score. For some reason had it in my head they were only up 1. Doh!

Users who are viewing this thread