What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Detainment At Border - We Can Do Much Better - Why The Opposition? (1 Viewer)

Perhaps. I think of the options we have though, it's by far the best. I've never seen anyone change when the angle is "You need to be educated on this". I have seen change when people come along side people they respect and they become open to viewpoints they might not have held before. 

I'm not trying to argue with your answer. But I don't think "education" is the way. I think relationship is the way. And yes, I know that "doesn't scale". 
I should have given more of what i wad thinking when i made my initial statement. I used education in a broad sense. Having discussion,  leading by example,  showing people the impacts..... all part of the equation

Good example of what i am talking about would be educating people on news sources. That includes showing them the various analysis groups that rank the sources. Another would be watching with them their sources and discussing etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have given more of what i wad thinking when i made my initial statement. I used education in a broad sense. Having discussion,  leading by example,  showing people the impacts..... all part of the equation

Good example of what i am talking about would be educating people on news sources. That includes showing them the various analysis groups that rank the sources. Another would be watching with them their sources and discussing etc.
Thanks. I fully understood what you meant. I still don't think "education" is the way. I think it's showing them a different and better way they choose. In large part by what they see from you. I've found adding a huge dose of humility on my part helps too. And some of that is in knowing I don't have all the answers and it's not about the "other side" being ignorant and in need of education. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread