Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

My wife and daughter laugh and make fun of me because I use oven mitts to pull things out of the oven.  They say that's what old people use.  They use those square pads that I associate with picking up pots.  They also always complain about either burning themselves or almost burning themselves.  

Is it true that oven mitts are only for old people?  I thought this was the norm until I put them on and was laughed at.

I use an oven mitt to pull out hot pans from the oven.  Square pads are where you set hot pots on the counter or table.

What's wrong with pony?  I had a pony.  

• Like 3

Do you see Mike Trout wearing one of those square pot holder pads? No, he wears an oven mitt. 

You’re fine Sheik. Be like Mike.

• Like 2

Gloves?  Towels?

Bunch of pansies.  Bare hand it like a man.

40 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Is it true that oven mitts are only for old people?  

How would anyone around here know? 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, shuke said:

Ove Glove FTW

Your best post ever here tbh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Millennials aren’t using oven mitts (some dumb online article, probably)

Millennials use Door Dash and Grub Hub.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

My wife and daughter laugh and make fun of me because I use oven mitts to pull things out of the oven.  They say that's what old people use.  They use those square pads that I associate with picking up pots.  They also always complain about either burning themselves or almost burning themselves.  

Is it true that oven mitts are only for old people?  I thought this was the norm until I put them on and was laughed at.

No, they are used by intelligent people that don't want to get burned. 

• Like 4

i do not like burning my brohands so i also use oven mitts take that to the bank bromigo

Edited by SWC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

When I still lived at home, my mom had one that looked like a cat with  the area between the thumb and index finger was a mouth.

I used to go up to her, open the cat's "mouth" and meow at her.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand, though.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Tom Servo said:

When I still lived at home, my mom had one that looked like a cat with  the area between the thumb and index finger was a mouth.

I used to go up to her, open the cat's "mouth" and meow at her.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand, though.

I have a gray one and I always say it looks like a whale.  And I do a whale voice.  Awesome dad humor.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Just now, TheIronSheik said:

I have a gray one and I always say it looks like a whale.  And I do a whale voice.  Awesome dad humor.

Just think if there was a Chewbacca one.

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

Bet that impression blows.  Are we talking low-pitch or high-pitch? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brony said:

Bet that impression blows.  Are we talking low-pitch or high-pitch? 

Like a Fudgie the Whale voice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shuke said:

Ove Glove FTW

I was literally going to post this exact sentence, including "FTW".

Ove Gloves rock.

• Like 1

Why would anyone care what you use to take something out of the oven? How many wives would kill to have their husband ever go near a stove to assist.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Big Guy said:

Why would anyone care what you use to take something out of the oven? How many wives would kill to have their husband ever go near a stove to assist.

Assist?  I'm making myself some pizza rolls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

37 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Like a Fudgie the Whale voice.

cookie ####?

8 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

6 hours ago, Gally said:

No, they are used by intelligent people that don't want to get burned. 

So, yeah, old people...

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Ahhh, see this is where it is going wrong.  It's not the actual oven mitt your family has a problem with; it is the way you are using it.

• Thinking 1

10 hours ago, shuke said:

Ove Glove FTW

One of the best Christmas presents for my mom years ago.  She still uses it.  Great product.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

square pads that I associate with picking up pots

trivets

• Like 1

Weird. I associate the pot holder pads with old people more than I do the mitts. 

But Ove gloves are obviously the way to go. 

12 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

So, if you are looking for confirmation that your wife isn't very bright and has passed that gene on to your daughter... confirmed.

I've got 7 oven mitts. Might be overkill but i like to mix it up. I also have silicone gripper things but they are useless so i use my mitts. Laugh all you want ;)

I tried an Ove Glove once but even the XL seems like it's made for little old ladies. Takes me 5 minutes to put on and take off. Much easier just to use a kitchen towel.

33 minutes ago, falguy said:

I've got 7 oven mitts. Might be overkill but i like to mix it up. I also have silicone gripper things but they are useless so i use my mitts. Laugh all you want ;)

I think you're looking for this thread.

40 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I tried an Ove Glove once but even the XL seems like it's made for little old ladies. Takes me 5 minutes to put on and take off. Much easier just to use a kitchen towel.

I remember thinking that, too, the first time I tried one.  But they loosen up pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I personally only use them for sexual foreplay.  Usually in conjunction with a spatula.

I highly recommend working a melon baller into your routine, if, you know, you are talking about heterosexual sex.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:
4 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I personally only use them for sexual foreplay.  Usually in conjunction with a spatula.

I highly recommend working a melon baller into your routine, if, you know, you are talking about heterosexual sex.

This goes well with my guacamole and bacon - from another thread. 

I think DW was the ultimate source of it, but I am not sure if he recalls. 

• Like 1