What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League with Salary Cap (1 Viewer)

Who to drop? Please consider price and contract, and that my cap is $150.

• QB - Russell Wilson ($10, 2 years)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB - Mitch Trubisky ($4, 1 year)

• RB - Alvin Kamara ($45, 4 years)

• RB - Jordan Howard ($21, 3 years)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • RB - James White ($6, 1 year)

• RB - Josh Adams ($4, 1 year)

• RB - Elijah McGuire ($4, 1 year)

• WR - Mike Evans ($28, 1 year)

• WR - Allen Robinson ($11, 2 years)

• WR - Anthony Miller ($6, 3 years)

• WR - Robby Anderson ($6, 1 year)

• WR - Dante Pettis ($4, 1 year)

• TE - Cameron Brate ($4, 1 year)

• Total voters

jtbreidert

Footballguy
My cap is $150, 12 team standard scoring. Depending on salary, I have each player for a certain number of years unless I drop them. I need room to draft some rookies and upgrade everywhere.  I'll probably drop Jordan Howard and Cameron Brate.  Who else should go?  Drop Mike Evans?  I'm currently over the cap because if I keep James White or Robby Anderson, I have to pay a franchise tag ($5 + Current Salary) price.  I can only tag one of them, so I'll be dropping one or the other. 

QB - Russell Wilson ($10, 2 years)

QB - Mitch Trubisky ($4, 1 year)

RB - Alvin Kamara ($45, 4 years)

RB - Jordan Howard ($21, 3 years)

RB - James White ($6, 1 year)

RB - Josh Adams ($4, 1 year)

RB - Elijah McGuire ($4, 1 year)

WR - Mike Evans ($28, 1 year)

WR - Allen Robinson ($11, 2 years)

WR - Anthony Miller ($6, 3 years)

WR - Robby Anderson ($6, 1 year)

WR - Dante Pettis ($4, 1 year)

TE - Cameron Brate ($4, 1 year)

I already dropped kicker and defense, but those can be had for cheap. I'm thinking about dropping Brate, Anderson, Evans, McGuire, Adams, Howard.  That would free up $67.  Is that enough? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an additional penalty if you drop someone with years remaining on the contract?  What kind of players will be available for the auction?  What are the typical prices for top end talent (is $28 high/low/average for a top WR like Evans)?

In standard scoring I don't see a reason to keep James White either.  Why do you have to franchise tag him and not someone like Trubisky or Pettis (guys with 1 yr contracts)?  Kamara seems expensive.

I guess I need more info to really know what would be the best strategy of who to drop.  I don't really see anybody as a must keep when factoring in salaries. 

There is no additional penalty for dropping someone with years remaining.  The players available will be guys getting dropped because the contract is up. Best players that will likely be dropped (unless they're tagged): George Kittle, Chris Carson, Tarik Cohen, Matt Ryan, Chris Godwin, Jared Cook, Tyler Boyd, Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald, Austin Ekeler.  That's not including people that are almost certainly going to be tagged: James Connor, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, Damien Williams, Kenny Golladay, Robert Woods.  I also don't know what decisions will be made by others, I can only see who's contracts are expiring.  

I already subtracted 1 year from the contract length before posting, meaning I already have Trubisky and Pettis if I decide to keep them, without the franchise tag.  The only two I'm considering is James White or Robby Anderson.  Kamara does seem expensive, unless you take into account the top paid in my league.  They were going very high at draft time, which really made the league top-heavy: 

Zeke Elliott - $53, Todd Gurley - $47, A. Kamara - $45, L. Bell - $42, Kareem Hunt - $42, Dalvin Cook - $41, OBJ - $40, David Johnson - $40, Leonard Fournette - $40, Antonio Brown - $40, DeAndre Hopkins - $40, Julio Jones - $40, Melvin Gordon - $39, Joe Mixon - $33, AJ Green - $32, Chrisian McCaffrey - $32, Davante Adams - $30

Wow. Some hefty prices there.  Seems odd that you can cut a guy under contract for no penalty.  Seems like you just max out contract length for everyone then.  In my salary cap league if you cut a guy with years remaining you have to take the cap hit of the remaining value of the contract.  It makes it so you have to think about the length of contract you are willing to give out. 

Based on the level of available players I would keep Evans.  He is likely to go for more than he currently is.  Seems like there isn't a lot of talent available.  Its really tough to give meaningful advice because there are so many variables at play. 

Wow. Some hefty prices there.  Seems odd that you can cut a guy under contract for no penalty.  Seems like you just max out contract length for everyone then.  In my salary cap league if you cut a guy with years remaining you have to take the cap hit of the remaining value of the contract.  It makes it so you have to think about the length of contract you are willing to give out. 

Based on the level of available players I would keep Evans.  He is likely to go for more than he currently is.  Seems like there isn't a lot of talent available.  Its really tough to give meaningful advice because there are so many variables at play. 
Contract length is tied to salary for our league, so higher pay = longer contract.  Only pain in longer contracts is less money available for other players.  Definitely hefty prices. I get that it's hard to give meaningful advice because it's really hard to do research when I don't know what's going to be available. We have a deadline for cutting our roster, 2 weeks before the draft. So i guess that's the only time I'll have a real idea of who will be available. Problem is I don't know before I cut my team down.

Users who are viewing this thread