What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why did I just get offered Miller for Hyde straight up? (1 Viewer)

SCT

Footballguy
Instant accept for me since my current RB2 is Guice 😬.  I take it he's worried about Foreman (I'm not) and hopeful Hyde will be the man instead of Williams?

Everyone once in awhile even the smartest owner outsmarts himself.

Unless he’s from the future, in which case, I’m sorry for your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar Miller has no upside.

if Hyde (or any RB with 2 legs) gets 15+ touches in KC they will produce big numbers.

right now Hyde looks to be 2nd in line for those touches.  If Damien gets hurt or bombs Hyde could be a difference maker.  Lamar Miller won’t be a difference maker.

Lamar Miller has no upside.

if Hyde (or any RB with 2 legs) gets 15+ touches in KC they will produce big numbers.

right now Hyde looks to be 2nd in line for those touches.  If Damien gets hurt or bombs Hyde could be a difference maker.  Lamar Miller won’t be a difference maker.
Agree with this. 

Suffice to say, percent likelihood is Miller outscores Hyde.  But, even at his best, Miller will contribute mediocre numbers.  Hyde, on the other hand--if he gets substantial usage in KC--could be a gold mine.  I don't think the chances are necessarily very good that happens.  But, there is a reasonable chance and it's reasonable enough I can see why that offer was extended.

Agree with this. 

Suffice to say, percent likelihood is Miller outscores Hyde.  But, even at his best, Miller will contribute mediocre numbers.  Hyde, on the other hand--if he gets substantial usage in KC--could be a gold mine.  I don't think the chances are necessarily very good that happens.  But, there is a reasonable chance and it's reasonable enough I can see why that offer was extended.
100%. I like Miller if you need a safety net but if you are going upside, which is generally the case in their ADP area Hyde is the play. 

Yeah I get that line of thinking and that is how I was looking at Hyde  when I drafted him. The problem for my team is I have too many guys like that in Guice and Royce and Kareem hunt. So giving up one of them for a sure thing in Miller felt right. Now instead of having Guice sitting at RB two I can put Miller at RB two and hope that any one of those other guys hits.

A few possible reasons...

- He owns Damien Williams and wants the cuff

- He considered Lamar his RB4, and wanted the higher "what if" Hyde offers

Those were the first two that came to me.  As @rockactionsaid, I think seeing the other guys RB corps would be very telling.

A few possible reasons...

- He owns Damien Williams and wants the cuff

- He considered Lamar his RB4, and wanted the higher "what if" Hyde offers

Those were the first two that came to me.  As @rockactionsaid, I think seeing the other guys RB corps would be very telling.
Melvin Gordon, Sony, James White at flex.  

Users who are viewing this thread