What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tales of the Unhinged-Triggered by MAGA- “ 82 yo MAGA loving patriot assaulted (1 Viewer)

1st up is this breaking story involving the POTUS’s #2 ,son Eric 

Secret Service Take Chicago Restaurant Employee into Custody After She Spits on Eric Trump

25 Jun 2019

Getty Images

MATTHEW BOYLE

Washington, D.C.15,383

2:10

“It was purely a disgusting act by somebody who clearly has emotional problems,” Eric Trump told Breitbart News when reached by phone late Tuesday evening. “For a party that preaches tolerance, this once again demonstrates they have very little civility. When somebody is sick enough to resort to spitting on someone, it just emphasizes a sickness and desperation and the fact that we’re winning.”

Eric Trump spoke to Breitbart News late Tuesday evening after local news reporters revealed what happened.

Mary Ann Ahern, a reporter for NBC channel 5 in Chicago, tweeted about the incident:

Mary Ann Ahern✔@MaryAnnAhernNBC

Hearing of incident at Aviary tonight, an employee allegedly spit on son of @realDonaldTrump who is visiting Chicago, offender now in US Secret Service custody

10:47 PM - Jun 25, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

4,785 people are talking about this

She said Eric Trump was seen leaving Aviary, which is an upscale Chicago cocktail lounge:

Mary Ann Ahern✔

· 14h

Hearing of incident at Aviary tonight, an employee allegedly spit on son of @realDonaldTrump who is visiting Chicago, offender now in US Secret Service custody

Eric Trump seen leaving Aviary.

11:10 PM - Jun 25, 2019

173 people are talking about this

Ahern also tweeted a photo of Chicago Police Department officials assisting with the U.S. Secret Service response:

Mary Ann Ahern✔

· 14h

Replying to @MaryAnnAhernNBC

Eric Trump seen leaving Aviary.

Police presence outside Aviary after alleged incident between an employee and Eric Trump around 8:30pm

11:20 PM - Jun 25, 2019

696 people are talking about this

Chicago Police officials were also on the scene assisting with the Secret Service, a spokesman for the Chicago Police Department confirmed on Twitter.

Anthony Guglielmi✔@AJGuglielmi

CPD was on scene and assisting the United States Secret Service with a law enforcement matter. Any and all inquiries regarding a federal protectee must be directed to the Secret Service. https://twitter.com/MaryAnnAhernNBC/status/1143720628111007745 …

Replying to @MaryAnnAhernNBC

Police presence outside Aviary after alleged incident between an employee and Eric Trump around 8:30pm

11:24 PM - Jun 25, 2019

382 people are talking about this

A source on the scene told Breitbart News that the Chicago Police Department and Secret Service officials handled the case “extraordinarily professionally.”

Eric Trump tweeted about his trip to Chicago on Tuesday evening as well:

Eric Trump✔@EricTrump

Always love visiting ⁦@TrumpChicago⁩! It is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world! ⁦@TrumpHotels⁩

11:47 PM - Jun 25, 2019 · Chicago, IL

1,846 people are talking about this

According to sources familiar with the matter, Eric Trump had, with a group of people, come into Aviary, an upscale lounge in Chicago, and the young woman–an employee of the establishment–came right up to him and spit in his face. Per an eyewitness, she murmured inaudibly something that sounded like it was anti-Trump. Then Secret Service agents who were there protecting Eric Trump jumped into action and took the woman into custody. She was put in handcuffs and placed in a police paddy wagon, a source with knowledge said. Eric Trump decided not to press charges against the woman in the end, and she was released from police custody.g

http://www.grubstreet.com/2019/06/the-aviary-chicago-spitting-eric-trump.html

Eric Trump Walks Into a Bar — and an Employee Spits on Him

Nikita Richardson9:55 A.M.

Eric Trump. Photo: Elsa/Getty Images

According to a tweet from NBC5 Chicago political reporter Mary Ann Ahern, an employee at Chicago’s high-end Aviary bar — run by the same team that operates the restaurants Alinea, Next, and Roister — spit on the president’s son as soon as he sat down in the cocktail joint. (The younger Trump confirmed the incident to conservative news outlet Breitbart News.)

The Aviary opened in 2011 and quickly earned acclaim for its imaginative cocktails, like a ship-in-a-bottle cocktail featuring ice in the shape of a schooner, and another made over a burner in a Japanese-style coffee maker. A second location opened in New York City at the Mandarin Oriental in late 2017.

The incident at the Chicago location reportedly occurred around 8:30 p.m. last night, and the Secret Service had the female employee arrested, but declined to comment, according to the Washington Post.

In a statement provided to Grub, Aviary representatives confirmed the incident, stating that HR met with the employee in question and placed her on leave. The full statement reads:

Last night an unfortunate incident occurred between an employee at The Aviary and Eric Trump. We did not witness the incident and we are just beginning to learn the details.

What is certain is this: no customer should ever be spit upon. We have not yet spoken with the employee but our HR team has, in the meantime, placed her on leave. We will not discuss internal HR matters beyond this statement.

More broadly, the online discussion about the incident is troubling. Hundreds of people are calling for the demise of our business, threatening our employees, and posting fake reviews … they are wrong to do so based on the actions of a lone individual.

So too, however, are those people wrong who are praising this as an act of civil disobedience. We have voices and the means to be heard. A degrading act lowers the tenor of debate. To some it might feel good, but it is unlikely to serve any larger purpose.

We hope this incident can, at least, serve to illuminate the current absurdity of the discourse in our politics.    

As fellow Americans and citizens, we should all aim higher.

“For a party that preaches tolerance, this once again demonstrates they have very little civility."
This quote from Eric is the worst part of the story. You have been a huge complainer around here when, in your opinion, people generalize about Trump supporters. Why aren't you complaining here? He's taking the actions of one jerk and applying them to the entire Democratic Party. Do you think that's justified?

I can’t wrap my head around a person being so lost in the world as this perp. This is so wrong. . I can’t imagine the most rabid person here even doing this. 

I can’t wrap my head around a person being so lost in the world as this perp. This is so wrong. . I can’t imagine the most rabid person here even doing this. 
Then you should take strong issue with Eric Trump's comments, trying to lay the blame for this on the entire Democratic Party.

Join me in this journey of exploring people all over the spectrum that do violent and vulgar acts all in the name of their political team. Pure petulance. Join me in what I like to call , Tales of the Unhinged 
You're going to include ALL unhinged people, right?  People that are republican or democrat, conservative or liberal, right?

Join me in this journey of exploring people all over the spectrum that do violent and vulgar acts all in the name of their political team. Pure petulance. Join me in what I like to call , Tales of the Unhinged 
What evidence do you have that the woman who spit on Eric Trump was doing that in the name of her political team? Did she say something like "This is from the DNC!" or "Hillary sends her regards!"?

If someone spits on Warren or Biden and I said that person did so in the name of Republicans, I imagine I would get a time out.

What evidence do you have that the woman who spit on Eric Trump was doing that in the name of her political team? Did she say something like "This is from the DNC!" or "Hillary sends her regards!"?

If someone spits on Warren or Biden and I said that person did so in the name of Republicans, I imagine I would get a time out.
I think it's reasonable to say this person was at least intending to make a political statement, like those Trump supporters who were spitting on immigration protesters.  I'm sure they felt they were doing it in the name of their political team.  This person probably did, too, whether or not they'd agree with her statement.

HellToupee hooked 'em like a carp.

51 minutes ago, squistion said:

The ridiculousness of that statement on this left leaning board made me laugh really hard.
Hooked you like a carp, didn't I?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good riddance.  I've got banned from that sub for criticizing a meme celebrating the white supremacists marching on Charlottesville.  Place is top 5 internet cesspool.
When will they shout about how their first amendment rights are being taken away from them? 

MAGA hat wearing man attacked by unhinged, woke “teens”

New Jersey man claims he was attacked for wearing 'MAGA' hat, claims teens shouted 'F--- Trump!'

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

Continue Reading Below

Police are investigating a New Jersey man’s claim that he was attacked Tuesday night by nearly two dozen people in New York because he was wearing a pro-Trump “Make America Great Again" hat.

Jahangir Turan told reporters Thursday that he had just left work at around 6:30 p.m. when the alleged attack took place. He claims he was accosted by a group of “18-20” people on Canal Street who “chanted anti-Trump stuff” like “f--- Trump” and “f--- you” because of his MAGA hat.

Turan, a resident of Hoboken, told reporters he didn’t get a good look at the suspects but guessed that they were all around 18 years old.

MAN WEARING ‘MAGA’ HAT SAYS WOMAN BERATED HIM AT CALIFORNIA STARBUCKS FOR SUPPORTING TRUMP 

He said one female flipped his hat while another male pushed him from behind, forcing his head into a scaffolding pole.

According to the OP this thread is supposed to be about exploring people all over the political spectrum who do violent acts, but the thread title now specifically refers to those being triggered by MAGA hats.

It appears that this thread is now restricted to violence against Trump supporters - if not then the title should be changed.

According to the OP this thread is supposed to be about exploring people all over the political spectrum who do violent acts, but the thread title now specifically refers to those being triggered by MAGA hats.

It appears that this thread is now restricted to violence against Trump supporters - if not then the title should be changed.
Hats aren’t mentioned in the title or initial post. 

Your guy, the President retweets a conspiracy bat#### account that had tweeted out stuff like “theories about prominent Democrats murdering children to harvest their pineal glands”.

The guy is beyond ignorant in so many ways.

This also is interesting because he cries about fake news and that there’s no way Russia propaganda spread on social media can influence people (commonly parroted by posters). Trump and Fredo Jr have retweeted fake stuff on numerous occasions. 

It really is amazing how the dude does stuff like this everyday. 

Totally normal behavior

Hats aren’t mentioned in the title or initial post. 
But it was here today in Hell Toupee's post and MAGA is in the thread title.

MAGA hat wearing man attacked by unhinged, woke “teens”

New Jersey man claims he was attacked for wearing 'MAGA' hat, claims teens shouted 'F--- Trump!'

[...]

MAN WEARING ‘MAGA’ HAT SAYS WOMAN BERATED HIM AT CALIFORNIA STARBUCKS FOR SUPPORTING TRUMP 

But it was here today in Hell Toupee's post:
Here is your post

“ but the thread title now specifically refers to those being triggered by MAGA hats.”

The thread title doesn’t mention hats. That shouldn’t be hard to understand. If someone misrepresented something you posted you’d blow up your report button. 

Here is your post

“ but the thread title now specifically refers to those being triggered by MAGA hats.”

The thread title doesn’t mention hats. That shouldn’t be hard to understand. If someone misrepresented something you posted you’d blow up your report button. 
You are being intentionally obtuse. What else would MAGA refer to in the context of this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread