What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tales of the Unhinged-Triggered by MAGA- “ 82 yo MAGA loving patriot assaulted (1 Viewer)

Unhinged Link

This guy goes to a whole new level.This  whackadoo shows what many Trump supporters fear about answering polls. 

Democratic Congressman Names and Shames His Own Constituents for Donating to Trump

By JOHN MCCORMACK

August 6, 2019 5:07 PM

Rep. Joaquin Castro speaks at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pa., in 2016. (Mike Segar/Reuters)

U.S. Congressman Joaquin Castro, a Democrat who represents a large portion of San Antonio, published a list of 44 San Antonio residents on Tuesday afternoon in an attempt to shame them and drive away customers from their businesses. Their crime? Donating to the Trump presidential campaign.

“Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump — the owner of ⁦@BillMillerBarBQ⁩, owner of the ⁦@HistoricPearl, realtor Phyllis Browning, etc⁩,” Castro wrote. “Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders.’” 

Joaquin Castro is the twin brother of Julián Castro, the former Obama HUD secretary and San Antonio mayor who is also a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate. Joaquin serves as chairman of his brother’s presidential campaign, which is currently polling at 1.6 percent in the Texas Democratic primary, according to Emerson.

David Rutz of the Washington Free Beaconobserves that Joaquin Castro’s “sad to see” comment is a step away from saying it’d “be a shame if something bad happened to your business.’” Other politicians, such as Donald Trump himself, have been known to target big businesses, such as Jeff Bezos’s Amazon and the NFL. Castro’s targeting the owners of small businesses and even some retirees seems particularly off-putting.

U.S. Congressman Joaquin Castro, a Democrat who represents a large portion of San Antonio, published a list of 44 San Antonio residents on Tuesday afternoon in an attempt to shame them and drive away customers from their businesses. Their crime? Donating to the Trump presidential campaign.
Yeah, I agree, that sucks.

This doesn't seem like a very good idea.  There are a lot of crazy people out there.

Having said, that information is public already.  He's not "outing" anyone -- it's already available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure I understand the outrage.  I thought most people were in favor of public accountability of campaign contributions.

The information is public for a reason...and its not to keep it a secret - its so the public knows who is financing campaigns.  

I am not sure I understand the outrage.  I thought most people were in favor of public accountability of campaign contributions.

The information is public for a reason...and its not to keep it a secret - its so the public knows who is financing campaigns.  
I changed my opinion on this topic a while back when somebody pointed out exactly this scenario.

I changed my opinion on this topic a while back when somebody pointed out exactly this scenario.
So, its better to keep campaign financing a secret?

I don't get it.

I saw the list - its not addresses or phone numbers.  Its publicly available information.  When you donate, you disclose your employer.  

I guess I kind of liken it to knowing that the Chick-Fil-A owners support certain causes - that means some people choose to avoid great chicken sandwiches based on those contributions.  I don't think it means that someone is inciting violence against Chick-Fil-A

So, its better to keep campaign financing a secret?

I don't get it.

I saw the list - its not addresses or phone numbers.  Its publicly available information.  When you donate, you disclose your employer.  

I guess I kind of liken it to knowing that the Chick-Fil-A owners support certain causes - that means some people choose to avoid great chicken sandwiches based on those contributions.  I don't think it means that someone is inciting violence against Chick-Fil-A
I can see different treatment for corporate donors -- I'm open to discussion on this point.  Calling out private individuals isn't something we should be doing.

Unhinged Link

This guy goes to a whole new level.This  whackadoo shows what many Trump supporters fear about answering polls. 

Democratic Congressman Names and Shames His Own Constituents for Donating to Trump

By JOHN MCCORMACK

August 6, 2019 5:07 PM

Rep. Joaquin Castro speaks at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pa., in 2016. (Mike Segar/Reuters)

If he has any decency whatsoever he will resign first thing in the morning.  Anyone from the Democrat party that supports this guy is a giant hypocrite.

I can see different treatment for corporate donors -- I'm open to discussion on this point.  Calling out private individuals isn't something we should be doing.
Why?

I really don't understand why anyone would care.  I assume that when you donate to a candidate, you are not embarrassed by that contribution.   

Do we think that when someone puts a yard sign up, or a bumper sticker on their car that they are putting themselves in danger?  How is donation information any different?  

Why?

I really don't understand why anyone would care.  I assume that when you donate to a candidate, you are not embarrassed by that contribution.   

Do we think that when someone puts a yard sign up, or a bumper sticker on their car that they are putting themselves in danger?  How is donation information any different?  
You know better than this.

When Trump calls out Jeff Bezos on Twitter, we all accurately recognize it as a serious attack on the freedom of the press.  But Bezos doesn't need to worry about his personal security.  The people that Castro is calling out are ordinary people, and we are literally two days removed from a politically-motivated mass murder inspired by a politician. Let's knock this #### off.

You know better than this.

When Trump calls out Jeff Bezos on Twitter, we all accurately recognize it as a serious attack on the freedom of the press.  But Bezos doesn't need to worry about his personal security.  The people that Castro is calling out are ordinary people, and we are literally two days removed from a politically-motivated mass murder inspired by a politician. Let's knock this #### off.
I am being very serious here - I legitimately see nothing wrong here.

I don't see this as a call to violence, or the disclosure of any information that is not in the public domain. 

You need to step away from the keyboard and think about this one a little.
No - I am good.  

I can understand why it feels "wrong".  But, I don't think these people are in any more danger today, than they were yesterday.  We have public disclosure of campaign contributions so that we can see who is contributing to which candidates, and how much they are contributing.

If you want to do away with public disclosures - that is a different conversation, and I think that is a far scarier scenario than everyone knowing who you contributed to in a campaign.

No - I am good.  

I can understand why it feels "wrong".  But, I don't think these people are in any more danger today, than they were yesterday.  We have public disclosure of campaign contributions so that we can see who is contributing to which candidates, and how much they are contributing.

If you want to do away with public disclosures - that is a different conversation, and I think that is a far scarier scenario than everyone knowing who you contributed to in a campaign.
Would putting their names etc on billboards in and around San Antonio be ok?

Look guys, a couple of days ago we had a guy walk into a shopping mall and kill a bunch of people because he hated Hispanics.  Folks are 100% correct to blame Trump for fanning the flames for this sort of thing.  Trump's rhetoric has no defensible place in a liberal democracy committed to individual rights.

It is really not constructive to turn around a few hours later -- in this climate -- and doxx a bunch of people who are Trump supporters.  I know you don't see that as a reason to start hunting people down, but I am 100% sure that there are nutjobs in your tribe who do.  You are not one of those nutjobs, and you're not responsible for them.  But don't do stuff that you know gets them riled up.

"Trump just got a bunch of people killed.  Oh, and by the way, here are the names of some Trump supporters.  You know.  Just in case you're interested."

That's what this reads as if you're a little crazy.  And in a country of 330 million people, there are a large number of crazy people among us.

Users who are viewing this thread