What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Marianne Williamson 2020 HQ*** (1 Viewer)

caustic

Footballguy
Calling all FBGs who wish to join hands and reach into the psyche of America, raising us up from darkness and chaos into the celestial realm of love:

Marianne Williamson‏ @marwilliamson

When they go low, go to a higher frequency where they cannot touch you. http://www.marianneforamerica.com

6:04 AM - 17 Nov 2018

Marianne Williamson @marwilliamson

Just beneath the surface, this isn't politics it's black magic. Entirely a psychic battle. Use your shield of Virtue and your sword of Truth

6:48 AM - 31 Jan 2017

I read her bio: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Williamson

A few highlights: 

She dropped out of college to become a cabaret singer. 

She ran a metaphysical book store for years. 

She wrote some bestselling books that got her on Oprah (kind of a new age Tony Robbins). 

She started a charity that delivers food to people with AIDS- that’s pretty cool. 

When she ran for Congress, Alannis Morrissette wrote and performed her campaign song. 

She looks pretty youthful for 66. 

Without a doubt in my mind, she is the most freaky person to appear on a national debate stage since that Admiral that ran for VP with Ross Perot. 

Without a doubt in my mind, she is the most freaky person to appear on a national debate stage since that Admiral that ran for VP with Ross Perot. 
James Stockdale was a fighter pilot who was shot down in Vietnam and spent EIGHT YEARS in the Hanoi Hilton prison, being tortured on a regular basis. If he appeared "freaky", just remember that the man you saw was a shell of his former self, whose body and brain had been abused in ways that would have killed most human beings.

"Moral Courage: An Evening In Honor Of James Stockdale" (part 1)

Part 2

Morning motivation:

Marianne Williamson @marwilliamson

Imagine yourself pregnant with a better version of yourself. You spent long enough with the old you. You can download an upgrade.

10:54 PM · Oct 2, 2009

She actually made a couple of very broad points that were decent. 

She spent the rest of the time weaving dream catchers and aligning crystals on her podium.  
Her first point about healthcare was really good.  She's out there and different but I bet she has good ideas.  Just shouldn't be as President though

A self help guru was another TERM i saw describe her lolololol. Having this person in the debate is all you need to know about what they are trotting out there. Rather pathetic.

James Stockdale is an American hero and treasure.  Out of his element in debates, at his age, with little lead time as he accepted the position on the ticket late, sure, but an admirable man.

I understand that. I was speaking with regard to his debate performance. 
Not stellar, no doubt, but exaggerated beyond belief by Phil Hartman, to great comedic effect, but to the detriment of accurate memory.

Admiral Stockdale was born on December 23, 1923 in Abingon, Illinois. After graduating from the Naval Academy in 1946, he attended flight training in Pensacola, FL and in 1954 was accepted to the Navy Test Pilot School where he served as an instructor for a brief time. Stockdale's flying career took him west, and in 1962 he earned a Master's Degree in International Relations from Stanford University.

On September 9, 1965 while returning from a mission, his A-4 Skyhawk was hit by anti-aircraft fire. Stockdale ejected, breaking a bone in his back and badly dislocating his knee. Stockdale wound up in Hoa Lo Prison, the infamous "Hanoi Hilton", where he spent the next seven years. Despite being kept in solitary confinement for four years, in leg irons for two years, physically tortured more than 15 times, denied medical care and malnourished, Stockdale organized a system of communication and developed a cohesive set of rules governing prisoner behavior.

The the spring of 1969 he was told that he was to be taken "downtown" and paraded in front of foreign journalists. Stockdale slashed his scalp with a razor and beat himself in the face with a wooden stool knowing that his captors would not display a prisoner who was disfigured. Later, after discovering that some prisoners had died during torture, he slashed his wrists to demonstrate to his captors that he preferred death to submission. This act so convinced the Vietnamese of his determination to die rather than to cooperate that the Communists ceased the torture of American prisoners and gradually improved their treatment of POWs. He was released from prison in 1973. He was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor by President Gerald Ford in 1976. He was one of the most highly decorated officers in the history of the Navy, wearing twenty six personal combat decorations, including two Distinguished Flying Crosses, three Distinguished Service Medals, two Purple Hearts, and four Silver Star medals in addition to the Medal of Honor. He was the only three star Admiral in the history of the Navy to wear both aviator wings and the Medal of Honor.

After serving as the President of the Naval War College, Stockdale retired from the Navy in 1978. He published a number of books and articles and was awarded eleven honorary doctoral degrees. In 1992 he agreed to the request from H. Ross Perot to stand in as the vice presidential candidate of the Reform Party. Upon his retirement in 1979, the Secretary of the Navy established the Vice Admiral Stockdale Award for the Inspirational Leadership presented annually in both the Pacific and Atlantic fleet. Admiral Stockdale was a member of the Navy's Carrier Hall of Fame and The National Aviation Hall of Fame, and he was an Honorary Fellow in the Society of Experimental Test Pilots.

Bio (abr.) and photograph courtesy of admiralstockdale.com.

I have to reassess my view of her: she made some very good points last night. The main one being that in the face of the threat that Trump poses, all of this wonky bickering by Democrats is a waste of time. 

A self help guru was another TERM i saw describe her lolololol. Having this person in the debate is all you need to know about what they are trotting out there. Rather pathetic.
Didn't you get the memo? She's a legitimate candidate with worthwhile ideas who deserves to be treated with respect.

/russiabottalkingpoints

Didn't you get the memo? She's a legitimate candidate with worthwhile ideas who deserves to be treated with respect.

/russiabottalkingpoints
Yeah, I can't believe she robbed us of precious seconds that could have been spent on Bullock or Ryan.

I have to reassess my view of her: she made some very good points last night. The main one being that in the face of the threat that Trump poses, all of this wonky bickering by Democrats is a waste of time. 
Seems to qualify her for a pendantry position somewhere, but this is not necessarily qualifying for a party nomination as a Presidential candidate. 

A nice enough woman, perhaps beyond her depth, but worthwhile to have heard up to this point, but not, in my estimation, moving forward as a candidate.  In the end she may have wanted to accomplish little more than to fame the debate for a time, and if that was her goal, well she succeeded, so good for her. 

Ditkaless Wonders said:
Seems to qualify her for a pendantry position somewhere, but this is not necessarily qualifying for a party nomination as a Presidential candidate. 

A nice enough woman, perhaps beyond her depth, but worthwhile to have heard up to this point, but not, in my estimation, moving forward as a candidate.  In the end she may have wanted to accomplish little more than to frame the debate for a time, and if that was her goal, well she succeeded, so good for her. 
Oddly enough, this is basically what was said about Trump at the same polnt in the cycle (except for the "nice enough" part and the worthwhile to be heard).  

But I agree with what Tim says that she's starting to make the other candidates look a bit silly with their "wonky bickering."  Her performance is probably quite a detriment to the other lesser candidates.  If anyone looks beyond the mainliners, the rest are all just variations of wonk in contrast to her new age spirituality vision stuff ...stuff that's stealing the headlines.  Good for her!

Users who are viewing this thread