What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has Trump ever told a joke? (1 Viewer)

Well, those awful kneejerk stump speeches are intentionally hilarious to his constituency and backinaday he had the clubbish humor one would expect from a bon vivant salesman

That’s a hurtful insult; his crude remarks are often rebranded “jokes” when they’re reported.

I was thinking more along the lines of a story which culminates in a punchline, which induces laughter.
This is the one I will give him a semi pass on, my family and friends are all pretty much liberal and I can`t name one that likes O`Donnell. Rosie is the type of person whose personality transcends parties.

This is the one I will give him a semi pass on, my family and friends are all pretty much liberal and I can`t name one that likes O`Donnell. Rosie is the type of person whose personality transcends parties.
The topic is Trump & I’m questioning if he knows how to tell a joke. The Rosie O’Donnell example is the perfect example of his bullying & cruelty. Rosie herself is ancillary to the discussion. Trump has insulted literally hundreds in the same manner.

The topic is Trump & I’m questioning if he knows how to tell a joke. The Rosie O’Donnell example is the perfect example of his bullying & cruelty. Rosie herself is ancillary to the discussion. Trump has insulted literally hundreds in the same manner.
I agree but willing to give him a pass on Rosie and she is a bully herself. They both can wallow in the mud.

The funny part is usually key ingredient to a joke.

Granted the President telling jokes is kind of touchy. That Press Dinner thing he’s cancelled is the perfect spot but he’s too busy being butthurt all the time.
You have watched the press right?  They are pretty much 95% openly Trump hating left wing goobers. Why would he want to be around these people again?

According to his defenders that whole “Russia if you’re listening” thing was a joke. 
Things DJT has joked about:

- staying POTUS 10-14 years

- I love WikiLeaks (clarified by SS)

- imploring police to rough up suspects

- Democrat’s were treasonous for not clapping during his State of the Union speech

- thanking Putin for expelling American diplomats

- challenged Rex Tillerson to an IQ test contest

- Americans should sit up at attention when he speaks 

- Russia, if you’re listening...

- Barack Obama founded ISIS

In all of these, #45 backtracked and said (or a spokesperson qualified) “I was joking/being sarcastic.” IOW, he didn’t mean it.

You have watched the press right?  They are pretty much 95% openly Trump hating left wing goobers. Why would he want to be around these people again?
He gets to make fun of them in a setting where it’s acceptable. Comedy writers would kill to have this opening.

A potential problem is probably 90% of talented comedy writers detest everything about him but still there are some out there.

Another problem is Trump’s inability to accept humor at his expense.

And that he’s proven to be humorless. 

Self awareness and self confidence, two things needed for a sense of humor, are sorely lacking in this president. "Look how ugly XXXX is!" isn't really joking, it's just part of his cruel nature.

You have watched the press right?  They are pretty much 95% openly Trump hating left wing goobers. Why would he want to be around these people again? 
And yet he does want to, not only to be around them but he wants to be liked by them. Why else does he keep offering interviews to Maggie Haberman, George Stephanopoulus, Chuck Todd and the rest of the “Fake News” he claims to despise? Trump is constantly seeking their approval. 

Are you kidding? He's a running joke going on 2.5 years now. :pickle:

He make me laugh all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[scooter] said:
Does it hurt your soul to know that the President is incapable of recognizing or expressing humor?
Imagine being so out of touch you actually post this. 
Narcissistic Personality Disorder

"Narcissists have little sense of humor. They don't get jokes, not even the funny papers or simple riddles, and they don't make jokes, except for sarcastic cracks and the lamest puns. This is because, lacking empathy, they don't get the context and affect of words or actions, and jokes, humor, comedy depend entirely on context and affect. They specialize in sarcasm about others and mistake it for wit, but, in my experience, narcissists are entirely incapable of irony -- thus, I've been chagrined more than once to discover that something I'd taken as an intentional pose or humorous put-on was, in fact, something the narcissist was totally serious about. Which is to say that they come mighty close to parody in their pretensions and pretending, so that they can be very funny without knowing it, but you'd better not let on that you think so."

timschochet said:
I also wonder about love, empathy, and common human decency. 
I don’t question these.

He certainly loves himself.  

He’s extremely empathic for the plight of Trump and how unfair things are against himself.   

Common decency?  Well there was that time...  damn, you go me there.  

[scooter] said:
Sociopaths don't understand humor.
Exhibit 1 is the threat to Ted Cruz to "spill the beans about your wife!"  Heidi Cruz had a bout with depression, which included an incident where she was found by the cops sitting next to a freeway. 

Widbil83 said:
I'm gonna demote you a few nachos.

IvanKaramazov said:
The best jokes.
He tells jokes like no one has ever seen before and they are the greatest jokes ever told by any President. He says nobody knows more about telling a good joke than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he joked that he could kill someone on 5th avenue and not lose any votes.  Who knew it would turn out not to be a joke and close to the truth.  

Users who are viewing this thread