What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explain your FBG forums username (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Apologies if this has been done before, but got to thinking... Tuesday is my 7-year anniversary of enlisting at the forums here and I recall the thinking behind my username.  

I had/have 35k-ish posts over at The Huddle under 'darin3' (my name and favorite number).  Thought it'd be neat to flip things around and go with nirad3 here.  

Some of y'alls usernames are fairly easy to figure out, others not so much.  So what's your story?

i'm a big, sarcastic white man from Boston with a UTI

ETA: actually, when i was first fantasysporting online, i wanted a handle that reflected my roots, even tho i'd lived most of my life out in the stinking desert. wicked didnt look right w pissah but wikkid did and i've gone thru the CBS and Fanball communites to FBG w that identity

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this has been done before, but got to thinking... Tuesday is my 7-year anniversary of enlisting at the forums here and I recall the thinking behind my username.  

I had/have 35k-ish posts over at The Huddle under 'darin3' (my name and favorite number).  Thought it'd be neat to flip things around and go with nirad3 here.  

Some of y'alls usernames are fairly easy to figure out, others not so much.  So what's your story?
I had no idea that you are huddle Darin lmao 

Best part was that he stole all the goaline carries from Robert Smith.  Former Ohio State back, not the singer from The Cure.
Yes..and our league was a TD only at the time.  Hoard 6 carries 15 yards, 2 TDs

Yes..and our league was a TD only at the time.  Hoard 6 carries 15 yards, 2 TDs
My first fantasy league was originally borne from the TD-only thing.  Hoard was a stud, and always a favorite since the league had roots in Viking country (South Dakota).  The guys who started the league were at some bar and there was a Miller Lite "start your own fantasy league" table tent thing.  

And yeah... Hoard... "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards." :lol:  

My username was the first alias I had ever created on a different board (FFToday).  Steiner was in two of my favorite Sport Center commercials of the time,  but if anyone asks, it's from the former pro wrestler.

One year in FF every move I made seemed to work and I won the league, next year one of the guys said to me "Hey Guru who are your sleepers this year?"  Hence Da Guru..of course my team flopped that year.

The word Fan, as in being a fan of something, is short for fanatic. When I stared here in 2003, I was a fan of many, many things. I thought the ultimate success in life would be season tickets to pro football, baseball and hockey. Now, a couple decades later, plus a wife and 4 kids, the name doesn't apply nearly as much. I shudder at the thought of going to a full season of home games for hockey or baseball. I don't watch pro football hardly at all anymore (thanks Kroenke and the NFL for taking my team), and don't do Fantasy Football at all anymore. So my screen name here doesn't really apply much anymore. Heck, this board doesn't apply much anymore. But hey, it gives me something to fill in some down time on the three days I come into the office. 

Real name Jared.  I've been called J-rod by a number of people throughout my life. It has nothing to do with my last name...just some popular variation of my first name.  So I spelled it phonetically, and wa-la.

I was given the nickname back in '85 by a group of friends I met.
They all had animal nicknames ( Kat, Bear, Goat, Moose, etc.) when I met them and so they came up with mine.

I tended to do "bad things" in High school and yet, as my friends stated; I either "Hopped" over, or "Slithered" on by the trouble and rarely got caught.

Thus, they took Snake and Frog and combined them into "Snogger"..   :thumbup:  

My username has nothing to do with religion.   

My oldest son was a drummer in the HS band.  When he was a freshman there was a senior that played drums and my son said that the kid thought he was a god on drums but he really wasn't very good.  So one day at the dinner table my other son was telling me a different story about one of his friends, who happened to be the brother of the drummer that thought he was a god. 

I asked "who is this kid you're talking about?"  and my oldest son said "he's talking about god's brother".    We all started laughing and the next day is when I joined FBGs.  I needed a username and Godsbrother seemed as good as anything else.

ETA:  I've never used an alias for all of the time that I've been here.  If I can't own up to what I type here I shouldn't be saying it.

My username has nothing to do with religion.   

My oldest son was a drummer in the HS band.  When he was a freshman there was a senior that played drums and my son said that the kid thought he was a god on drums but he really wasn't very good.  So one day at the dinner table my other son was telling me a different story about one of his friends, who happened to be the brother of the drummer that thought he was a god. 

I asked "who is this kid you're talking about?"  and my oldest son said "he's talking about god's brother".    We all started laughing and the next day is when I joined FBGs.  I needed a username and Godsbrother seemed as good as anything else.

ETA:  I've never used an alias for all of the time that I've been here.  If I can't own up to what I type here I shouldn't be saying it.
Same

I needed a name. So I looked around the room and found a CD for the game Badmojo. There were 1005 Badmojo's before me, but they have all mysteriously disappeared 

Users who are viewing this thread