What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you define a "white supremacist" (1 Viewer)

Actually it does talk about it down the article a bit. 

I would say that when it comes to this subject the ADL is a pretty reliable source. 
I must have missed where the article said what it is.

I was kinda more interested in what people think, not so much what Webster thinks.  

If you are not a fan of other races...you are a racist..but if you are also white and feel this way, are you a white supremacist?

To me, there has to be some sort of violent intent or emotion related to that dislike of other races to count.  

I was kinda more interested in what people think, not so much what Webster thinks.  

If you are not a fan of other races...you are a racist..but if you are also white and feel this way, are you a white supremacist?

To me, there has to be some sort of violent intent or emotion related to that dislike of other races to count.  
Why does there have to be violent intent? 

And why does this question concern you so much? 

I think the Webster definition is pretty good.  White supremacy isn't the same as white racism.  A racist just dislikes black people.  A white supremacist thinks that blacks are inferior and should be ruled over by whites.  All white supremacists are racists, but not all racists are white supremacists.

Juxtatarot said:
My question would be, why isn't that person a fan of other races? The reason might be white supremacy.  
Thats possible.  So if the guy says "I just don't like Asians"  Does that automatically make him or her a white supremacist?

Last edited by a moderator:
the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society.

/endthread

the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society.

/endthread
Is that your definition?   

And therefore, can a black be  black supremacist?  Hispanic supremacist? Asian?  Im guessing yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing white supremacists do is they try to tell whites that they are being punished by a racist society for normal private behavior.

It sounds like his point is other races do it too. He keeps coming to that for some reason even though his question is about “white” supremacy.
Yeah, but of course other races do it too.  Study the history of Japan and their relationship with Korea and China and come back and tell us all about racism and racial supremacy only exists among white Europeans.  That's not a controversial or edgy argument at all.  And obviously it's also not a defense of white supremacy.

(I know you know this -- just chiming in in agreement).

I’m not surprised but obviously somewhere you got the idea that joining a club or only having white friends was being called white supremacist somewhere. 
No I didn't.  Swear.  I was just interested in that use today article.  It didnt really define what that is.  So I brought it up here.  Seemed like a good discussion topic. 

To me, a supremacist means violence.  I make that correlation in my head.  But is racism inherently supremacism?

Yeah, but of course other races do it too.  Study the history of Japan and their relationship with Korea and China and come back and tell us all about racism and racial supremacy only exists among white Europeans.  That's not a controversial or edgy argument at all.  And obviously it's also not a defense of white supremacy.

(I know you know this -- just chiming in in agreement).
Oh the Japanese were horrible to the chinese.  It's hard to read about what they did to them. 

I an not suggesting it's a white only issue.  But when does racism become supremacy?

No I didn't.  Swear.  I was just interested in that use today article.  It didnt really define what that is.  So I brought it up here.  Seemed like a good discussion topic. 

To me, a supremacist means violence.  I make that correlation in my head.  But is racism inherently supremacism?
It’s an ideology. Do you know what ideology is? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m just checking how sophisticated you are.

Users who are viewing this thread