What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

7 year old daughter said Mommy talks about stabbing me.... (1 Viewer)

Gary Coal Man

Footballguy
After doing something that my seven year old daughter disagreed with she said very matter of factly, “This is why mommy wants to stab you.”

A bit taken aback I replied, “Is that what mommy says when I’m not around?”

She responded, “Yes.”

When I confronted my wife about telling our daughters her desire to kill me she denied it, but it sounds like something she’d say and I don’t believe my daughter would just make it up.

What’s the move here?  Ignore standard marriage trash talk or make an issue out of desired murder?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're wife said it jokingly. I know I've said I'm going to kill you to someone who pulled a bad joke on me. Your wife should explain to her that it's a phrase we sometimes use and not serious at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not something I’d say in front of a 7 year old whether a joke or not. They’re not sure if it’s serious or not and it obviously bothers her if she remembered and mentioned it to you. 

I've tried to write a reply a few different times today and they all come out sounding like an ### hole. So, sorry. But given how crazy I perceive your wife based on the limits she applies on your kids whether it's influenced by your neighborhood or not she sure seems bat #### crazy enough to at least have some level of concern from here.

Do you think your wife is the type of person who would stab you?
I started this thread when I was hammered.  I completely forgot about it until I saw it resurface, and then I was too embarrassed to reply.  But, meh, who cares so here it goes:

No, she wouldn’t stab me with a knife.  Maybe a pencil, though.

I've tried to write a reply a few different times today and they all come out sounding like an ### hole. So, sorry. But given how crazy I perceive your wife based on the limits she applies on your kids whether it's influenced by your neighborhood or not she sure seems bat #### crazy enough to at least have some level of concern from here.
She’s certainly overprotective crazy, but probably not “pierce vital organs with a shiv” crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread