What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starbucks-your go-to drink? (1 Viewer)

shadrap

Footballguy
 vanilla late.   probably kind of girly but at least it's not one of those things that I should have went to the Dairy Queen for.

I think I have been in a Starbucks once in the last 2 1/2 years.  I think I had some sort of strawberry flavored fruity thing.  So, I guess that is my go to.

<————— not a coffee guy

Don’t go very often, , used to stop on business trips and I’d usually get a flat white

We also have one at work but it has limited  options, sometimes I’ll get a double espresso in the afternoon 

If I go: 

When cold out: Medium Black 2 sugars 

When hot out: Large Iced Black 2 sugars 

Trenta Iced Coffee with 4 pumps Cinnamon Dolce. Splash in my own half and half.

I will periodically get a Grande Pike Street if straight coffee is what I’m going for. 

If you are at Starbucks & 3 high school girls ahead of you;     leave or be ready to wait 10- 15 minutes.

I go with a basic dark roast, black. Venti hot, trent's cold. It tastes burned, as otb points out, but it does the trick.

Italian coffee kills it. Cappuccino over there rules. Nice stuff.

I go with a basic dark roast, black. Venti hot, trent's cold. It tastes burned, as otb points out, but it does the trick.

Italian coffee kills it. Cappuccino over there rules. Nice stuff.
actually, rock, the darker roasts are less potent, as more caffeine burns out during the roast process when going to that level ... lighter roasts pack more punch, though many think the opposite  :shrug:

A couple different ones:

Americano, bit of whole milk, packet or so of Splenda.

If I want to get some sugar, usually something I'g get in the afternoon, Double short hazlenut latte.

I'm not big into Starbucks but I will go to one if I really want coffee and it's the closest and more convenient option.   I usually will get a medium (and I call it a medium-- I refuse to refer to a medium as a "grande") coffee with a couple pumps of the hazelnut flavoring.   If the weather is really hot--I'll get the same drink but just iced.  

actually, rock, the darker roasts are less potent, as more caffeine burns out during the roast process when going to that level ... lighter roasts pack more punch, though many think the opposite  :shrug:
Damn. Good to know. Don't turn out the lights, I guess.

Signature Roast Coffee (their holiday and signature roasts are the same price and so much better than the trash that is pikes place)

If I want something a little more, a Soy Latte

If I want something cold, Nitro Cold Brew 

But I grind and make my own almost every morning. Starbucks is if I’m out with the wife usually on weekends.

I prefer making my coffee at home but if I'm at Starbucks I'll generally order an Iced Chai Dirty (shot of espresso).  Hella refreshing.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t drink coffee at all (or tea for that matter), and haven’t been to a Starbucks in 10+ years. 

However, I would order a milkshake of pressed: venti twice blended mocha Frappuccino, with whip and syrup. 

A total NNTAWWT drink for me....tall, non-fat hot chocalte with whip cream. 

I like coffee but not in the morning and not at work since it immediately gets to me (read: 🙂).  I usually start every work day with 1-2 hours of meetings and I can’t say "excuse me, I need 10 minutes for a poop". 

I like their blonde roast (it’s called true north up here, I think Verona or veranda in the states) it’s smooth enough it tastes good black, the darker ones there need cream added to get to my taste. Plus the more caffeine thing, though it’s a pretty marginal difference. 

yfw

except for Mickey D's (exempt for offering ubiquitous, clean bathrooms to travelers without obligation), i havent bought comestibles at national chain restaurants since my wife (she loved em) died 23 yrs ago. local food people love what they do too much to give my dough to corps that sweep the money right out of local economies.

yfw

except for Mickey D's (exempt for offering ubiquitous, clean bathrooms to travelers without obligation), i havent bought comestibles at national chain restaurants since my wife (she loved em) died 23 yrs ago. local food people love what they do too much to give my dough to corps that sweep the money right out of local economies.
ok, I believe you, thought it might be about taking a stand.  

ok, I believe you, thought it might be about taking a stand.  
well, i quickly recognized that being able to say that would have cachet. McD's also uses Green Mountain coffee, which is round, warm & delish and is the best modernization decision they've made. French press my own when i want a mega joe of some kind, which aint all that often.

ETA: Though a McD customer, i have also never eaten a McNugget of any kind

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i quickly recognized that being able to say that would have cachet. McD's also uses Green Mountain coffee, which is round, warm & delish and is the best modernization decision they've made. French press my own when i want a mega joe of some kind, which aint all that often.

ETA: Though a McD customer, i have also never eaten a McNugget of any kind
Love my French press.  I also make my own super-charged cold brew.

I like their blonde roast (it’s called true north up here, I think Verona or veranda in the states) it’s smooth enough it tastes good black, the darker ones there need cream added to get to my taste. Plus the more caffeine thing, though it’s a pretty marginal difference. 
Yup. I'll drink their blonde roast if my options are limited to Starbucks. Their other roasts are just flat out burnt. 

I’m a big fan of small local coffee shops but if it’s a choice between Starbucks & DD I’ll choose Starbucks
Agree with the first part, not so much the second. Like I said above, the ONLY reason I ever have Starbucks is because that is what my company contracted for. So if I have to go to work, and if I drain my Yeti, and if I feel I need more coffee, it has to be Starbucks. If we had a DD on premises, then I would definitely choose that. I think Starbucks always tastes burnt or whatever. I suppose that is because it is made to compensate for all the atrocious crap people put in what can only be referred to as their coffee-flavored beverage (it ceases being coffee after the second or third squirt of whatever they put in there).

Users who are viewing this thread