What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (2 Viewers)

leftcoastheel said:
Nice team "half a mil man."  Need the Rb2 to work out and Herndon to not suck in the latter portion of the season and you should be looking good.  Although I don't know why anyone is taking Cory Davis anywhere.  I'd draft him in like the 15th round lol.  Hilliard's really a thing, huh.  I need to look into that.  Pettis has upside but I've faded him hard.  10th is probably right, perhaps aggressive, as of now.
Wasn’t thrilled with the Davis pick.  Just hate Mariota.  Tannehill would be a better fit for Davis no doubt.  Could see that change sooner then later.  Can’t imagine Mariota’s leash is very long.   Was a pick away from Fuller there.  Would have locked him and D-Hop up.   Wanted to pair up Watson with Hopkins, just didn’t happen.  Like the value I got with those QB’s.  Was drafting next to Schroeder in this one.  He said I kept taking his guys.   That’s a good sign.  Looks very strong to me.  One of the better main teams I’ve seen thus far.  Only regret was not getting Mattison.  But couldn’t pass up Pettis in the 10th.  And he didn’t make it back to me.  TE’s are a concern but if Olsen can stay healthy for 6 weeks I’m good to go with Herndon from there.   Everything just fell nice for me in this one.  

That’s a wrap fellas.  

GL this season.  Scientist don’t dissapear on us again. 

✌️

Wasn’t thrilled with the Davis pick.  Just hate Mariota.  Tannehill would be a better fit for Davis no doubt.  Could see that change sooner then later.  Can’t imagine Mariota’s leash is very long.   Was a pick away from Fuller there.  Would have locked him and D-Hop up.   Wanted to pair up Watson with Hopkins, just didn’t happen.  Like the value I got with those QB’s.  Was drafting next to Schroeder in this one.  He said I kept taking his guys.   That’s a good sign.  Looks very strong to me.  One of the better main teams I’ve seen thus far.  Only regret was not getting Mattison.  But couldn’t pass up Pettis in the 10th.  And he didn’t make it back to me.  TE’s are a concern but if Olsen can stay healthy for 6 weeks I’m good to go with Herndon from there.   Everything just fell nice for me in this one.  

That’s a wrap fellas.  

GL this season.  Scientist don’t dissapear on us again. 

✌️
TE's a concern for pretty much everyone w/o one of the big three IMO.

I got a ME right before kick off, and that will be it for me.  GL everybody.

From the 7th spot:

QB: Brees (9); Ben (12); Brady (14)

RB: Zeke (1); Gurley (2); Damien Williams (3); Jordan Howard (10)

WR: Edelman (4); Cooper Kupp (5); AJ Green (6); Will Fuller (7); DeVante Parker (19)

TE: Delanie Walker (8); Olsen (11);  Ian Thomas (16); Gronk (17)

D/ST: LAC (13); LAR (15); Bills (18)

K: Crosby (20)

You guys are overvaluing Robert Woods....he had 80+ catches last year because Cooper Kupp got injured.... he is going to go back to his 40-50 catches a year norm if Kupp plays all year

from the 8th spot

QB - L Jackson(11), J Allen(17)

RB - C Carson(3), S Michel(4), A Ekler(5), R Freeman(9), J Jackson(12), D Harris(14), D Crocket(6), D Hilliard(19)

WR - D Adams(1), JuJu(2), T Boyd(6), S Watkins(8), MVS(10)

TE- D Walker(7), J Doyle(13), J Thomas(15)

DST-Browns(18)

K-Tavechio(20)

First one of the weekend,  2 more to go

Earlier this evening from the #3

Rivers / Allen

Kamara / Mixon / Kerryon / Ingram / DHarris / Barber / Scarlett

Woods / CSamuel / ESanders /JBrown / Hardman / Boykin / Chark

Cook / McDonald

Elliott / Jaguars

Just finished a draft from the 1 spot. I like this draft much more than my last draft from the back half. 

QB: Goff / Stafford

RB: Barkley/ Damien Williams/ Mack/ Pollard/ Ogunbowale / Adrian peterson

WR: Allen / Edelman / Westbrook / Crowder / Stills / Trequan Smith/ Cobb

TE: Njoku / Ebron/ Olsen

K: Fairbairn

D: Denver

Damien Williams shares down again... lol
How about your 50% Darwin shares??!!  Hahah.   That’s why u draft a lot of teams if u can. Oh and why u don’t draft the same players everywhere like u suggested.   Ha. Darwin and his 7th rd drafters are the real losers here.   He’s likely worth nothing now.   DWill should still get 15 touches / game still imo.  

How about your 50% Darwin shares??!!  Hahah.   That’s why u draft a lot of teams if u can. Oh and why u don’t draft the same players everywhere like u suggested.   Ha. Darwin and his 7th rd drafters are the real losers here.   He’s likely worth nothing now.   DWill should still get 15 touches / game still imo.  
I’m confident my 12th round pick will return greater than 12 round value. I’m hoping he doesn’t play for a few games so he gets dropped and I can gain 100% shares. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep we’ll see how it plays out.  Darell williams could be the guy leading teams to a championship come week 14.  Who knows. 1 thing looks certain to me, Shady is gonna get significant touches early on.   Not paying him $3M guaranteed to ride the pine.  And fwiw, I’d still buy DWill at a discount if he’s dropping to rd 5/6 now.  

Just did a main and Damien Williams went in early 4th so only down a round or so. McCoy went in 5th, Darwin was in 10th. 

Went heavy TE early to see how it would play out. From the 7: 

QB: Brees, Cousins

RB: Michel, Lindsey. Drake, Ogunbowale, Hines, Mostert

WR: Evans, Diggs, Jones, Gallup, Allison, Tate

TE: Kelce, Cook, Swaim

K: Elliott

D: Rams

RB is definite weakness of the team but hope to make up for it with WR group and Cook. 

Don't want to hijack but didn't want to start a new thread for this inquiry. I'm drafting Thursday morning,because of Dorian

I may or may not have power. Has anyone here ever had their power out or go out during a draft? If so were you able to draft someway?

Calling the 800 maybe and giving picks over the phone to the "commish"? Just curious if anyone ever had this issue.

Hoping for the best but trying to prepare for the worst. Thanks for any info if possible.

😧 Rams

RB is definite weakness of the team but hope to make up for it with WR group and Cook. 
Is this a main team ?

Here's  a Main for ya Andrew

QB Rodgers, Garoppolo

RB Kamara, Michel, Breida, Shady, Mattison, Davis, Crockett

WR Evans, Keenan, Golladay, Gordon, Ty Williams, Goodwin

TE Reed, Eifert, Witten

K  Gould

D  NE

😧 Rams

Think that Cook pick set you back here.   There’s no wiggle room in these main drafts.  With Kelce in hand, you were better off going rb/wr in the mid 6th.  I think that player would be a higher scoring flex option then Cook would be.  On top of adding better depth.  I don’t think this team is very strong to be honest.  I also don’t like those 3rd tier TE’s going in that range.  If I miss out on the 3 early studs and then OJ/Engram I’m fading till rd 10+. GL

zeke99 said:
Here's  a Main for ya Andrew

QB Rodgers, Garoppolo

RB Kamara, Michel, Breida, Shady, Mattison, Davis, Crockett

WR Evans, Keenan, Golladay, Gordon, Ty Williams, Goodwin

TE Reed, Eifert, Witten

K  Gould

D  NE
Nice one Zeke.  Seems pretty balanced overall. 

Here’s a main I just finished.  So much for no more drafting.  This was a wild one to say the least.  One team went back to back qb’s in 6/7.  😳  Another team went QB in 8 and 10.  

From the 12:

QB:  Winston (12), Garrapolo (18)

RB:  Cook (2), Sanders (6), Murray (7), Breida (8), J Hill (9), Ty Mont (14), Mike Davis (16)

WR:  Julio (1), Cooper (3), Godwin (4), Ridley (5), Pettis (10), Humphries (15)

TE:  Hockenson (11), Fant (13), Everett (17)

K: Gould (19)

Def: Buff (20)

One of the teams who took the 2 QB’s early went Ryan in the 8th.  Wanted to stack that ATL offense but I wasn’t going near that price for him.  So wasn’t going to happen.  A lot of juice here.   TE could be an issue if both the rooks flop.   This room didn’t get the memo that Herndon must fall to me late.  Similar look to my team 1.   Lot riding on Winston/Cook/Godwin/Sanders.   They roll, I roll.  

-Won Time!

Here’s a main I just finished.  So much for no more drafting.  This was a wild one to say the least.  One team went back to back qb’s in 6/7.  😳  Another team went QB in 8 and 10.  

From the 12:

RB:  Cook (2), Sanders (6), Murray (7), Breida (8), J Hill (9), Ty Mont (14), Mike Davis (16)

One of the teams who took the 2 QB’s early went Ryan in the 8th.  Wanted to stack that ATL offense but I wasn’t going near that price for him.  So wasn’t going to happen.  A lot of juice here.   TE could be an issue if both the rooks flop.   This room didn’t get the memo that Herndon must fall to me late.  Similar look to my team 1.   Lot riding on Winston/Cook/Godwin/Sanders.   They roll, I roll.  

-Won Time!
You know you will draft at least one more with a week to go.. Can't resist man!!

From the 12:

-Won Time!
You had nothing at QB and then took Matt Breida (egregious reach) and Noah Fant.  Really?  

Threw one last one in because Melvin G and Andrew Luck ruined a few of my earlier teams. Had the 12 pick so went with 4 WR to start.

QB: L. Jackson, J. Allen
RB: T. Coleman, J. White, R. Penny, J. Howard, A. Mattison, G. Bernard, C. Anderson, J. Scarlett, D. Hilliard
WR: D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Edelman, T. Hilton, D. Funchess
TE: A. Hooper, J. Graham
K: R. Gould
D: Baltimore

You had nothing at QB and then took Matt Breida (egregious reach) and Noah Fant.  Really?  
Reach? Breida rarely makes it to the 7/8 turn these days.  Haven’t seen a main yet where he has actually. lol Come on man.  And Noah Fant?  If that’s all u got, you must love this squad.  

😍

Last night from #7...

Wentz / Goff (Rounds 10/13, earliest I've taken qb over several drafts)

DJ / Gurley / Kerryon / JWhite / JJax / CJA / Hilliard

Godwin / Jeffery / Landry / CDavis / Deebo / Boykin / Enunwa

Andrews / Rudolph

Tucker / Saints

From the 12:

-Won Time!
Hate the sanders pick — I think he is a great dynasty asset but won’t do anything much in redraft this year with Howard and sproles soaking up the touches. I think the phi rb situation is a major avoid. That being said absolutely love the breida pick in the 8th (he went in the 5th in my main).  

Reach? Breida rarely makes it to the 7/8 turn these days.  Haven’t seen a main yet where he has actually. lol Come on man.  And Noah Fant?  If that’s all u got, you must love this squad.  

😍
Just figured I’d quote you from a month ago. ;)

i do like it. Not a fan of Winston but I know you love him this year so I can respect getting your guy. I also think Sanders will be really good this year for you. Pettis dropping that far is funny and an overreaction to the media.

I do think team#2 in that league did well.

Threw one last one in because Melvin G and Andrew Luck ruined a few of my earlier teams. Had the 12 pick so went with 4 WR to start.

QB: L. Jackson, J. Allen
RB: T. Coleman, J. White, R. Penny, J. Howard, A. Mattison, G. Bernard, C. Anderson, J. Scarlett, D. Hilliard
WR: D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Edelman, T. Hilton, D. Funchess
TE: A. Hooper, J. Graham
K: R. Gould
😧 Baltimore
Think I would have grabbed a rb at the 3/4 turn over TY.  Still getting a guy at that spot with a defined role if not lead back even.  I don’t see much gap from TY there and the WR’s you’re getting at 5/6.  Much bigger gap in the rb’s imo.  I do like Coleman but this Breida helium can’t be denied.  Maybe they’re the Freeman/Coleman duo but if Breida is the Freeman, not loving Coleman in rd 5.  You get enough production from the backfield you can do well.  Not sure there’s a back there u can ride in the money rds tho.  Unless injury of course.  

Had my draft this morning.  My WR's after starters are a little weak, but the rest of my team I think is okay. Went from the 9th slot. 

QB: C. Wentz, J. Winston

RB: J. Conner, J. Jacobs, K. Drake, J. Jackson, CJ Anderson, C. Thompson

WR. Odell, Edelman, Tyrell Williams, Sanu, Enunma, Goodwin, Arcega-Whiteside

TE: J. Cook, V. McDonald, J. Doyle

K: Gould

Def: Jacksonsville

Hate the sanders pick — I think he is a great dynasty asset but won’t do anything much in redraft this year with Howard and sproles soaking up the touches. I think the phi rb situation is a major avoid. That being said absolutely love the breida pick in the 8th (he went in the 5th in my main).  
You think they’re feeding Sproles the rock over Sanders?  I’d be surprised. Shocked actually.  Sproles is like 52.  They invested a 2nd round pick on Sanders vs a 6th on Howard.  Saw someone make the comp to the Hyde/Chubb scenario last yr.  Makes sense.  Could see more Howard early and Sanders overtaking the backfield.  Don’t think it would take too long after seeing both guys.   I’m guessing it’s Sanders’ gig by October.  With a 65/25/10 split imo.  

from the #1 spot

Barkley

A. Brown

Ertz

Montgomery

Boyd

D. Watson

Jeffrey

McCoy

D. Thompson (pre-McCoy)

J. Washington

J. Jackson

Deebo S

Fant

Sanu

D. Crockett

T. Brady

Butker

M. Davis

Cleveland D

D Hamilton

DWill is barely dropping in these big drafts.   So much for buying the discount.  Haven’t seen him fall past the 4th.  He went 3.12 and 4.7 in 2 mains last night. 4.2 in another The big $ still believes and still fading Shady.   Interesting 

tonite from the 12 spot

lamar, berg

dj, jacobs, melvin gordon, justice hill, ap, d hilliard, dexter williams

thomas, woods, ridley, allison, djax, zay jones

mcdonald, andrews, hockenson

chiefs

myers

went tier 3 te wild looking to start two until melvin shakes out or allison looks good

Earlier this evening, Main Event, from #4...

Mahomes* / Brady

Zeke/Mixon/Freeman/Pollard/Mattison/Hilliard

Golladay/Alshon/Landry/MV-S/Stills/Hardman/Boykin

Walker/Jimmy/Gronk

Fairbairn/Chiefs

*Drafted at 10pm; sat on laptop with 'Breaking News Ezekiel Elliott' googled up in a window, refreshing constantly. Nothing new by the time the starter's horn sounded. Felt good enough about a deal getting done to pull trigger. Reinforced RB at 2/3 with Mixon/Freeman, and on the way back, there he was at 4.09. Used the full 90 before making the call. Barkley/McCaff/Kamara all with 2 upcoming...decided to play defense and prohibit Mahomes from falling to them. Full-on Mahomes + a Top 3(4) RB is a potent enough combo to take a shot. Still felt uneasy. 2nd QB (Watson) didn't go until  7.07. Solid room, w 6 other badges. Missed out on Edelman (1st alternate target), Engram (don't like taking TE early) DWilliams (not a fan), Woods (my usual go-to 4th round WR), Henry and Howard (see previous Engram comments). Don't like taking Golladay as 1st WR without being able to support in lineup. Alshon/Landry/MV-S (Wentz/Mayfield/Rodgers) improved my mood. Missed Andrews at 9.01, but Walker not bad consolation at 9.04. After going RB/RB/RB and not taking another RB over the next 6 rounds, thought we'd be a target, but counted on folks holding their breath about Zeke, and worked out getting Pollard at 10.09. Mood way up after that. Got token rookie RB Mattison in 11th. TE2 group drying up but still got Jimmy (no Sternberger). Reached a bit for Hardman in 13, but wanted that Chiefs upside flyer piece. Big on Stills after the move, felt great in 14. Brady hosts Cowboys in Week 12; hope Gordon stays clean, and weather stays shootout friendly. Hillard another rookie RB flier (ppr special). Fairbairn last of preferred PK tier. Gronk flier very late. Who knows? Pleased with potential #1 WR Boykin in 19, albeit on a potentially weak passing offense, maybe some TD upside at worst. Chiefs D get Jags Week 1, maybe take them out of their game plan and leads to solid D stats. Fun drafting next to #3 guy; almost every even round he took the player we were debating with our pick. Validation. Hurray! 1 more FBG tomorrow night, wrapping up 7 drafts in 10 days. I :heart:  FF...or maybe just drafting...

Earlier this evening, Main Event, from #4...

Mahomes* / Brady

Zeke/Mixon/Freeman/Pollard/Mattison/Hilliard

Golladay/Alshon/Landry/MV-S/Stills/Hardman/Boykin

Walker/Jimmy/Gronk

Fairbairn/Chiefs

*Drafted at 10pm; sat on laptop with 'Breaking News Ezekiel Elliott' googled up in a window, refreshing constantly. Nothing new by the time the starter's horn sounded. Felt good enough about a deal getting done to pull trigger. Reinforced RB at 2/3 with Mixon/Freeman, and on the way back, there he was at 4.09. Used the full 90 before making the call. Barkley/McCaff/Kamara all with 2 upcoming...decided to play defense and prohibit Mahomes from falling to them. Full-on Mahomes + a Top 3(4) RB is a potent enough combo to take a shot. Still felt uneasy. 2nd QB (Watson) didn't go until  7.07. Solid room, w 6 other badges. Missed out on Edelman (1st alternate target), Engram (don't like taking TE early) DWilliams (not a fan), Woods (my usual go-to 4th round WR), Henry and Howard (see previous Engram comments). Don't like taking Golladay as 1st WR without being able to support in lineup. Alshon/Landry/MV-S (Wentz/Mayfield/Rodgers) improved my mood. Missed Andrews at 9.01, but Walker not bad consolation at 9.04. After going RB/RB/RB and not taking another RB over the next 6 rounds, thought we'd be a target, but counted on folks holding their breath about Zeke, and worked out getting Pollard at 10.09. Mood way up after that. Got token rookie RB Mattison in 11th. TE2 group drying up but still got Jimmy (no Sternberger). Reached a bit for Hardman in 13, but wanted that Chiefs upside flyer piece. Big on Stills after the move, felt great in 14. Brady hosts Cowboys in Week 12; hope Gordon stays clean, and weather stays shootout friendly. Hillard another rookie RB flier (ppr special). Fairbairn last of preferred PK tier. Gronk flier very late. Who knows? Pleased with potential #1 WR Boykin in 19, albeit on a potentially weak passing offense, maybe some TD upside at worst. Chiefs D get Jags Week 1, maybe take them out of their game plan and leads to solid D stats. Fun drafting next to #3 guy; almost every even round he took the player we were debating with our pick. Validation. Hurray! 1 more FBG tomorrow night, wrapping up 7 drafts in 10 days. I :heart:  FF...or maybe just drafting...
Think it was pretty obvious Zeke was signing at 10 pm yesterday.  I do appreciate the drama build up tho.  Frankly I’m surprised the Kamara owner even passed on him.  Pollard falling to you at 10  showed u the whole room thought Zeke was signing also.  Great price for the best cuff in the game.  May even provide standalone flex value.   I’m not an “early Mahomes” guy but end of 4th I don’t mind it.  Would like it a lot more if u went WR in the 3rd but hindsight 20/20.  As drafted you were able to build a serviceable WR core still.  I love Golladay in rd 5.  Not sure why his stock has fallen a bit.  Nothing has changed there.  Has WR1 upside imo.  You didn’t need Brady with Mahomes.  Would have taken another flyer on rb instead.  Or even secure a better D.  1 small nitpick tho.   You have a bare Mahomes.  May have targeted Sammy in that 6-9 range if he was there.  He goes off in the champ rds, you know tons of teams stacked that offense. Could be an issue.   Solid team tho.  GL

Last FPC, from #5...

Rivers / Brady

Kerryon / Montgomery / JWhite / Sanders / JJackson / Samuels / TyJohnson

Hopkins / Evans / ARob / MV-S / Deebo / Enunwa / Beasley

Njoku / Waller

Butker / Rams

Best of luck to everyone! Let's bring home the bacon!!!

QB: Aaron Rodgers 8.8, Philip Rivers, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: David Johnson 1.5, Kerryon Johnson3.5, Austin Ekeler 6.8, C.J. Anderson, Justice Hill
WR: Julian Edelman4.8, Chris Godwin5.5, A.J. Green 7.5, Larry Fitzgerald 9.5, Golden Tate 10.8, Keke Coutee
TE: George Kittle 2.8, Jason Witten, Mike Gesicki
PK: Wil Lutz
TD: Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers

Heard Shefter on Sirius earlier.  Talking about his fantasy draft.  Said Mort took Miles Sanders at 23.  His response to that was “He must be hearing the same things I am”.  

Oh boy.  

💥

From the 12:

-Won Time!
Your RBs suxors.... rookie TEs will kill you too (look at historical rookie TE numbers even for studs like Winslow Vernon Davis OJ Howard etc) .... why go Ridley in the 5th? I would much rather spend that on a RB (James White?).... you should have also balanced your TEs by getting someone like Reed/Delanie Walker/Greg Olsen/Eifert late to go with Hockensen..... you have no stud QB either .... Cooper at WR in the 3rd is a huge risk too given his injury.... I think this is a terrible team to be honest but hey, every one has their own style :)

Your RBs suxors.... rookie TEs will kill you too (look at historical rookie TE numbers even for studs like Winslow Vernon Davis OJ Howard etc) .... why go Ridley in the 5th? I would much rather spend that on a RB (James White?).... you should have also balanced your TEs by getting someone like Reed/Delanie Walker/Greg Olsen/Eifert late to go with Hockensen..... you have no stud QB either .... Cooper at WR in the 3rd is a huge risk too given his injury.... I think this is a terrible team to be honest but hey, every one has their own style :)
You’re the same guy predicting Sproles will hoard touches away from Sanders right?  

No offense but not taking your opinions very seriously. 

GL doh! 

This!

Cohen owners today are happy with how they used him. 100% shares.
Big takeaway was the snaps. On the field for 51 snaps is big. Looked like they were using him as a slot WR a lot with Davis on the field too. I don't have him but I would be happy with what I saw if I did. Close games or games they are trailing he should be solid.

Happy with your 5th round rb getting 0 carries in a game?  Oy.  

I get owners didn’t draft him for his rushing pts but he did get 100 carries for 400+ and 3 scores last yr.  I think he’ll be a disaster in rd 5 come end of year.   You’re never starting him in your rb slot barring bye weeks and there’s way more WR’s I’d prefer to start over him in the flex.

Trubisky also looks horrendous as usual.  

Happy with your 5th round rb getting 0 carries in a game?  Oy.  

I get owners didn’t draft him for his rushing pts but he did get 100 carries for 400+ and 3 scores last yr.  I think he’ll be a disaster in rd 5 come end of year.   You’re never starting him in your rb slot barring bye weeks and there’s way more WR’s I’d prefer to start over him in the flex.

Trubisky also looks horrendous as usual.  
They basically played him in the slot all game. He should really be a WR if thats the case. Aaron Jones, Montgomery were awful and I got Cohen in the 5th and 6th this year. He is easily an RB2 this year with boarderline RB1 upside like he was last year. 

-won time!

Users who are viewing this thread