What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prank War with the Kids? (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
My 9 year old has decided a prank war would be fantastic fun. So all day yesterday it was on. He and my 11 year old are on a team against me and the 6 year old, who can't keep a secret to save his life. 

So far what has transpired is the 9 and 11 year old, Team Troublemakers, have changed the icons on our Netflix accounts and the names. Mine was changed to a cake and my name was poopcake. They have tried to get us (team Prankstars) to drink a milk and pepsi mix. Tried to add coke to my bottle of body wash (they seem to be obsessed with things to do with soda). They claim to have a bunch of stuff planned for today,.

Team Prankstars so far has gotten the Troublemakers to eat oreos that had the icing removed and replaced with toothpaste (our best prank so far), had their door knob in the room buttered, making it extremely hard to get out of their room, and had all the light bulbs in their room removed. 

My question is, got any good, yet harmless pranks I can do on a 9 and 11 year old? I'm pretty much out of ideas. 

Sounds like they are too young for phones, but making the background a screenshot of their apps and then moving apps to another page (not home page) is a good one 

Mail yourself something official looking from one of their schools. Maybe they are part of a redistricting program that one of them is going to a different town next year. Or if they have an Aug birthday, based on new rules they need to repeat a grade. And so on. 

If it comes in the mail it looks real 

While they are sleeping, cover their bedroom door loosely with saran wrap, then stuff balloons between wrap and door so when they open door they get a face full of balloons.  That's the nice version.  

Mean version is to tie string to doorknob and rest something on top of door frame so that it drops water or paint on their head. 

Sounds like they are too young for phones, but making the background a screenshot of their apps and then moving apps to another page (not home page) is a good one 
Yeah, non of them has a phone. And I'd rather not have phones come into play. They wanted to do some stuff to mine yesterday and I had to explain to them that dad runs three very small companies from his phone that account for more than half our household income. 

Mail yourself something official looking from one of their schools. Maybe they are part of a redistricting program that one of them is going to a different town next year. Or if they have an Aug birthday, based on new rules they need to repeat a grade. And so on. 

If it comes in the mail it looks real 
That's not bad at all. Thanks for that one!

Near-endless supply of pranks by exploiting the fact that Nutella looks like poop, but is harmless and edible.

Go to the bathroom. Call out that you need something, like a Kleenex or something. When the victim reaches in to hand you the item, rub some Nutella on the victim’s hand, then quickly apologize for smearing poop on them. 

Rub nutella in the crotch of your tighty whities. Walk into the room and say, what is this in my undies?  Sniff, eat ...

While they are sleeping, cover their bedroom door loosely with saran wrap, then stuff balloons between wrap and door so when they open door they get a face full of balloons.  That's the nice version.  

Mean version is to tie string to doorknob and rest something on top of door frame so that it drops water or paint on their head. 
I totally forgot about this one. That's fantastic. Thank you!

Also, is there any way I can subtly drop hints for pranks they can do to our team? This morning they came downstairs, I'm working from home today in the basement and the 6 year old is on the couch down here with an iPAd, and marked on the 6 year olds shirt with a water solulable marker and said, "Prank! We get a point." I need to help them up their game a bit but don't want to be too obvious. 

If you have a sprayer handle on your kitchen sink tape it in the open position so when they go to get a drink or wash their hands they get blasted with water.

A couple of others we have used on golf trips we have bought a gag shops.  Onion soap, fake lottery tickets, toothpaste that turns your teeth black.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 9 year old has decided a prank war would be fantastic fun. So all day yesterday it was on. He and my 11 year old are on a team against me and the 6 year old, who can't keep a secret to save his life. 

So far what has transpired is the 9 and 11 year old, Team Troublemakers, have changed the icons on our Netflix accounts and the names. Mine was changed to a cake and my name was poopcake. They have tried to get us (team Prankstars) to drink a milk and pepsi mix. Tried to add coke to my bottle of body wash (they seem to be obsessed with things to do with soda). They claim to have a bunch of stuff planned for today,.

Team Prankstars so far has gotten the Troublemakers to eat oreos that had the icing removed and replaced with toothpaste (our best prank so far), had their door knob in the room buttered, making it extremely hard to get out of their room, and had all the light bulbs in their room removed. 

My question is, got any good, yet harmless pranks I can do on a 9 and 11 year old? I'm pretty much out of ideas. 
:blackdot: for my 8 and 10 year olds

If you have a sprayer handle on your kitchen sink tape it in the open position so when they go to get a drink or wash their hands they get blasted with water.

A couple of others we have used on golf trips we have bought a gag shops.  Onion soap, fake lottery tickets, toothpaste that turns your teeth black.
That was going to be my suggestion too. Also put Saran wrap over the toilet bowl so they splash themselves.

That was going to be my suggestion too. Also put Saran wrap over the toilet bowl so they splash themselves.
I thought about this, but then my wife will be pulled in as they will be, well, pissed in more ways than one. Best to leave the wife out of it. Then again, the bag with the toothpaste cookies is on the counter. I hope she doesn't succumb to the sweet tooth!

I thought about this, but then my wife will be pulled in as they will be, well, pissed in more ways than one. Best to leave the wife out of it. Then again, the bag with the toothpaste cookies is on the counter. I hope she doesn't succumb to the sweet tooth!
😂 Friendly fire is part of war

Go by about six or seven cheap alarm clocks, set them to go off in the middle of the night every hour, and hide them in their room

Make a blend of mayo and onion purée, buy a piping bag, and fill some donuts with said purée

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Green used to pull some lighthearted pranks on his parents on his show.  You should try one of those.

lighting them up with nerf guns when they walk in the house/into a room etc ( plays better if it is dark and they have no idea where they are being shot from);

fake poop or puke is always a good start - you have the resources to purchase this  - I am guessing they do not. Exploit the advantage. 

Freeze their underwear or socks

Put toothpaste in Oreos instead of cream

Make cake pops... but actually frost over and decorate Brussel sprouts

Freeze cereal in milk the night before with the spoon in it, then call them down for breakfast

Put a giant bug cutout inside a lampshade, makes a freaky shadow when they turn it on

Shortsheet their bed

Switch them in their beds after they are asleep

Print out a scary face and tape it to the toilet seat, and close the lid. When they open it they will get a fright. 

Heading to the store (and UPS store) soon.

I saw a clip where they strung clear tape across the door at head height. That was good. So clear tape is on the shopping list.

As is saran wrap and some packing peanuts. Going to do the door deal where the packing peanuts pour in on them. 

Also, lemon juice. I'm going to soak their tooth brushes overnight in lemon juice. 

Heading to the store (and UPS store) soon.

I saw a clip where they strung clear tape across the door at head height. That was good. So clear tape is on the shopping list.

As is saran wrap and some packing peanuts. Going to do the door deal where the packing peanuts pour in on them. 

Also, lemon juice. I'm going to soak their tooth brushes overnight in lemon juice. 
I'm sure he/she is a great kid, but I gotta be honest...sounds like the 6 year old is riding your coattails to victory.  You seem to be doing all the heavy lifting here.  

You could really mess with them by telling them instead of getting KD the Knicks picked up 4 power forwards. 

If you wanna pass decent ideas to the kids so they aren't just getting owned left and right have your wife tell them some of your simpler ideas. Wanna keep it fun for them

Users who are viewing this thread