Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dan Lambskin

Summer is the worst season

Seriously.  It’s awful.  Tried sitting outside but it’s 95 degrees and so humid that I’m sweating even sitting in the shade 

despite willing to put up with that I kept getting bitten by biting flies

So now I’m sitting inside in a nice sweat dampened t-shirt 

cant wait for fall.  And as much as winter sucks at least there’s football and I don’t have to deal with the temptation of wanting to be outside 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fall and Spring are the best. No temperature extremes and you can do more stuff outside.

• Like 1

Find a lake, pool, ocean, river, creek, etc. and jump in.

Summer is for swimming, enjoying the scenery and fireworks.

• Like 8

I’ll take summer over winter just because it’s not dark all the time. Even with temps in the 90s, once you hit 6pm or so it becomes pretty nice. 

Fall wins by a mile, though. 

Edited by bigmarc27
  • Like 5

You got another season where nubile hotties walk around in bikinis, transparent sun dresses, and coochie-cutter shorts that show under-cheek?

• Like 17
  • Thinking 1

Fall is king...not even close.

As I’ve gotten older, I can literally stand 90 degree temps while wearing a hoodie...I’m starting to understand old people/Florida.

So Summer = :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Find a lake, pool, ocean, river, creek, etc. and jump in.

Summer is for swimming, enjoying the scenery and fireworks.

Yeah we do that occasionally.  What should I do with the other 99% of summer that is unbearably miserable 

9 minutes ago, Gary Coal Man said:

You got another season where nubile hotties walk around in bikinis, transparent sun dresses, and coochie-cutter shorts that show under-cheek?

I’m pushing 40 and have a wife and 3 kids.   Pretty rare I see anyone above a 7 out and about 

• Like 1

Just now, Dan Lambskin said:

Yeah we do that occasionally.  What should I do with the other 99% of summer that is unbearably miserable 

Go back into the water.

I went to Disney last August for 9 days with four kids in tow. Summer heat doesn't bother so much anymore. 

1 hour ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

It really depends on where you live, but for me and where I live:

Fall=Summer=Winter>>>>>>>>>>>Spring

I wish we had 4 seasons.  Seems like around here it goes from 50 degrees to 90, then fall is about 3 weeks and it's time for snow.  I definitely need to find a place where I get months of 60-70 weather and 4 seasons not just a couple weeks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Capella said:

Try living in Florida. It is absolute hell here right now. 

Why don’t you just go swimming.  There’s water everywhere in Florida 

-Jayrod

• Like 5
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Why don’t you just go swimming.  There’s water everywhere in Florida 

-Jayrod

And them gators be hungry.

• Like 2

Just gotta embrace the suck. Was about 97 degrees this weekend here in KC.

Sat in my garage with the neighbors, sat in my boat, had a fan blowing, and drank some brews and watched sports. Wasn't bad at all.  Did some grilling, deep fried some taters (have a new recipe I tried out - holy hell they were good)....

Sheeeeeeeit - summer rocks. :banned:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I’m pushing 40 and have a wife and 3 kids.   Pretty rare I see anyone above a 7 out and about 

5 is the new 7

I live for the summer. Think I just have to have the sun. It would be tough at my age without a pool though and it can be difficult to work outside sometimes. The humidity kills me now. And the bugs suck bad...literally. Just sprayed 2.5. acres for mosquitoes 3 days ago and it didn’t seem to do a damn thing to dent the population. Guess I have to bring out the big guns.

And 6 months from now people will be #####ing about the cold.  Good lord.  Enjoy the damn sunshine and hit some pools and lakes.  

• Like 2

80-87 all week. 62 at night. I think I saw a mosquito the other day but he flew off - knew he was in the wrong state. Love CA

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Seriously.  It’s awful.  Tried sitting outside but it’s 95 degrees and so humid that I’m sweating even sitting in the shade 

despite willing to put up with that I kept getting bitten by biting flies

So now I’m sitting inside in a nice sweat dampened t-shirt 

cant wait for fall.  And as much as winter sucks at least there’s football and I don’t have to deal with the temptation of wanting to be outside 

Lose weight and enjoy 

2 hours ago, The General said:

Topped out at 80 today with low humidity in PNW. Stays light til 9:30. All good!

I just wish it wasn't so fleeting, but since moving here more than a decade ago, it's hard to find better summer weather and the fantastic surroundings to do it in.

At risk of the non-PC term, Indian Summer is the best season. You get the benefits of summery dry, warm climes during the day, with those fantastic cool, crisp nights.

• Like 1

I dont pay attention because I'm too busy enjoying it but I probably spend about 3 hours per day outside. Which is about 2 more than I will 6 months from now. And that one hour outside will be ####### miserable. If you're complaining about this then you're just looking for something to complain about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr roboto said:

Lose weight. 

8 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Lose weight and enjoy 

Does the heat and humidity go away if I lose 50 lbs?

6 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

How many days per year is it like that in Michigan? I think there's a big difference between upper 80's and humid and mid 90's, even in the shade. But we are talking on average a handful or so says. Go to a pool.

15 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I just wish it wasn't so fleeting, but since moving here more than a decade ago, it's hard to find better summer weather and the fantastic surroundings to do it in.

At risk of the non-PC term, Indian Summer is the best season. You get the benefits of summery dry, warm climes during the day, with those fantastic cool, crisp nights.

Where are you??

Take a nice walk in the morning, drink some brews around the fire in the evening, and stay inside feasting on some delicious summer fruit in between. Can be pretty nice if you play your cards right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Where are you??

Work downtown Seattle, live out on the Eastside.

• Like 2

Dan

Move out of that #### hole called Meechigan.  Hellish winters and humid summers with the worst biting flies I have ever experienced.  I hope all biting flies die tomorrow.  

I can imagine there are worse places for biting flies, but I haven't been there, and I don't want to go there.  

59 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Dan

Move out of that #### hole called Meechigan.  Hellish winters and humid summers with the worst biting flies I have ever experienced.  I hope all biting flies die tomorrow.  

I can imagine there are worse places for biting flies, but I haven't been there, and I don't want to go there.  

I grew up in Michigan and moved back a couple of years ago. I have never encountered a biting fly. The humidity sucks

2 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Dan

What the heck is a biting fly?

Your problem is Michigan weather. I lived there for 2 years. Nine months of cold and dreary, a month and a half of oppressive heat and humidity with a six week respite of livable conditions sprinkled in at the shoulder "seasons". 

The worst part of summer is having all these kids that want to run across your lawn!  :hot:

It was a fine night, a warm night, a wine-drinking night, a moony night, and a night to hug your girl and talk and spit and be heavengoing.

• Like 1

Agree that summer sucks.  Beach vacation week and the fact that it stays light longer for afternoon golf are the best things about it.  Television is abysmal.  These prime time game shows are horrible.  Baseball sucks until late October.  Oh and it's hot. I do have a pool, though.  

Best thing about winter is you don't have to cut grass once a week... and football.  

Fall is the best.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

No. But you’ll sweat less and it’ll bother you less. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Agree that summer sucks.  Beach vacation week and the fact that it stays light longer for afternoon golf are the best things about it.  Television is abysmal.  These prime time game shows are horrible.  Baseball sucks until late October.  Oh and it's hot. I do have a pool, though.  

Best thing about winter is you don't have to cut grass once a week... and football.  

Fall is the best.  

This 

• Like 1

i like summer i mean we only have about four to five weeks of here in the waukee so i enjoy it when i can but i like spring the best when you go out and hear a redwing blackbird for the first time it is like the world is just sort of waking up from a long nap and it sort of rules take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 2

Dude we hit 30 below and had a boatload of snow this past winter.  I seriously question anyone’s sanity of anyone who lives north of the Mason Dixon line and says summer is the worst season.  

• Like 4

In Florida, it’s summer most of the year so I’m going with Winter. Florida has bizarro seasons.

Summer is awesome.  It has its drawbacks, like every season, but I enjoy it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

You certainly wont sweat from just sitting outside in hot weather

My seasonal rankings:

Fall

Summer

Spring

Winter

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

Fall is the best.  

Grading summer based on the quality of television is some good schtick.

Go outside.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, dgreen said:

We're talking about Michigan Summers? Lolz

VA and MD summers are indeed pretty malarial and just awful.

33 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

You certainly wont sweat from just sitting outside in hot weather

You’ve never been to Michigan in the summer, have you?