What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer is the worst season (1 Viewer)

Dan Lambskin

Footballguy
Seriously.  It’s awful.  Tried sitting outside but it’s 95 degrees and so humid that I’m sweating even sitting in the shade 

despite willing to put up with that I kept getting bitten by biting flies

So now I’m sitting inside in a nice sweat dampened t-shirt 

cant wait for fall.  And as much as winter sucks at least there’s football and I don’t have to deal with the temptation of wanting to be outside 

Fall is king...not even close.

As I’ve gotten older, I can literally stand 90 degree temps while wearing a hoodie...I’m starting to understand old people/Florida.

So Summer =  :thumbup:

Find a lake, pool, ocean, river, creek, etc. and jump in.

Summer is for swimming, enjoying the scenery and fireworks.
Yeah we do that occasionally.  What should I do with the other 99% of summer that is unbearably miserable 

You got another season where nubile hotties walk around in bikinis, transparent sun dresses, and coochie-cutter shorts that show under-cheek?
I’m pushing 40 and have a wife and 3 kids.   Pretty rare I see anyone above a 7 out and about 

It really depends on where you live, but for me and where I live:

Fall=Summer=Winter>>>>>>>>>>>Spring

I went to Disney last August for 9 days with four kids in tow. Summer heat doesn't bother so much anymore. 

It really depends on where you live, but for me and where I live:

Fall=Summer=Winter>>>>>>>>>>>Spring
I wish we had 4 seasons.  Seems like around here it goes from 50 degrees to 90, then fall is about 3 weeks and it's time for snow.  I definitely need to find a place where I get months of 60-70 weather and 4 seasons not just a couple weeks.  

Just gotta embrace the suck. Was about 97 degrees this weekend here in KC.

Sat in my garage with the neighbors, sat in my boat, had a fan blowing, and drank some brews and watched sports. Wasn't bad at all.  Did some grilling, deep fried some taters (have a new recipe I tried out - holy hell they were good)....

Sheeeeeeeit - summer rocks. :banned:

I live for the summer. Think I just have to have the sun. It would be tough at my age without a pool though and it can be difficult to work outside sometimes. The humidity kills me now. And the bugs suck bad...literally. Just sprayed 2.5. acres for mosquitoes 3 days ago and it didn’t seem to do a damn thing to dent the population. Guess I have to bring out the big guns.

Dan Lambskin said:
Seriously.  It’s awful.  Tried sitting outside but it’s 95 degrees and so humid that I’m sweating even sitting in the shade 

despite willing to put up with that I kept getting bitten by biting flies

So now I’m sitting inside in a nice sweat dampened t-shirt 

cant wait for fall.  And as much as winter sucks at least there’s football and I don’t have to deal with the temptation of wanting to be outside 
Lose weight and enjoy 

Topped out at 80 today with low humidity in PNW. Stays light til 9:30. All good!
I just wish it wasn't so fleeting, but since moving here more than a decade ago, it's hard to find better summer weather and the fantastic surroundings to do it in.

At risk of the non-PC term, Indian Summer is the best season. You get the benefits of summery dry, warm climes during the day, with those fantastic cool, crisp nights.

I dont pay attention because I'm too busy enjoying it but I probably spend about 3 hours per day outside. Which is about 2 more than I will 6 months from now. And that one hour outside will be ####### miserable. If you're complaining about this then you're just looking for something to complain about. 

Does the heat and humidity go away if I lose 50 lbs?
How many days per year is it like that in Michigan? I think there's a big difference between upper 80's and humid and mid 90's, even in the shade. But we are talking on average a handful or so says. Go to a pool.

I just wish it wasn't so fleeting, but since moving here more than a decade ago, it's hard to find better summer weather and the fantastic surroundings to do it in.

At risk of the non-PC term, Indian Summer is the best season. You get the benefits of summery dry, warm climes during the day, with those fantastic cool, crisp nights.
Where are you??

Take a nice walk in the morning, drink some brews around the fire in the evening, and stay inside feasting on some delicious summer fruit in between. Can be pretty nice if you play your cards right.

Dan

Move out of that #### hole called Meechigan.  Hellish winters and humid summers with the worst biting flies I have ever experienced.  I hope all biting flies die tomorrow.  

I can imagine there are worse places for biting flies, but I haven't been there, and I don't want to go there.  

Dan

Move out of that #### hole called Meechigan.  Hellish winters and humid summers with the worst biting flies I have ever experienced.  I hope all biting flies die tomorrow.  

I can imagine there are worse places for biting flies, but I haven't been there, and I don't want to go there.  
I grew up in Michigan and moved back a couple of years ago. I have never encountered a biting fly. The humidity sucks

Dan

What the heck is a biting fly?

Your problem is Michigan weather. I lived there for 2 years. Nine months of cold and dreary, a month and a half of oppressive heat and humidity with a six week respite of livable conditions sprinkled in at the shoulder "seasons". 

Agree that summer sucks.  Beach vacation week and the fact that it stays light longer for afternoon golf are the best things about it.  Television is abysmal.  These prime time game shows are horrible.  Baseball sucks until late October.  Oh and it's hot. I do have a pool, though.  

Best thing about winter is you don't have to cut grass once a week... and football.  

Fall is the best.  

Agree that summer sucks.  Beach vacation week and the fact that it stays light longer for afternoon golf are the best things about it.  Television is abysmal.  These prime time game shows are horrible.  Baseball sucks until late October.  Oh and it's hot. I do have a pool, though.  

Best thing about winter is you don't have to cut grass once a week... and football.  

Fall is the best.  
This 

i like summer i mean we only have about four to five weeks of here in the waukee so i enjoy it when i can but i like spring the best when you go out and hear a redwing blackbird for the first time it is like the world is just sort of waking up from a long nap and it sort of rules take that to the bank bromigos 

In Florida, it’s summer most of the year so I’m going with Winter. Florida has bizarro seasons.

Fall is the best.  
Grading summer based on the quality of television is some good schtick.

Go outside.

Users who are viewing this thread