Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

***EPL 2019-20 Fantasy League*** Games start on Friday!

Defenders for big clubs that are auto-starts are very valuable imo. I'd be willing to move Maguire for midfield help but my guess is I value him more than most people in the league, so it'd be tough. Definitely will take more than Gerry D. 

5 minutes ago, Moe. said:

Defenders for big clubs that are auto-starts are very valuable imo. I'd be willing to move Maguire for midfield help but my guess is I value him more than most people in the league, so it'd be tough. Definitely will take more than Gerry D. 

Andy Robertson had a bad week 1 fantasy-wise, but I watched the game and he was firing balls into the box (that's what she said) all game. Maybe I'll panic in November but not now.

33 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Andy Robertson had a bad week 1 fantasy-wise, but I watched the game and he was firing balls into the box (that's what she said) all game. Maybe I'll panic in November but not now.

Anyone trading Andy Robertson away is a fool.  He was league MVP last year.

2 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I SAID NO!@#$

Also, I was excited by the prospect of David Brooks this year like you were. But you need functioning ankles. :kicksrock:

Just now, McBokonon said:

I SAID NO!@#$

Also, I was excited by the prospect of David Brooks this year like you were. But you need functioning ankles. :kicksrock:

I know, I saw that recently.  Sucks  :(

6 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Thank you gifinmarco 

7 hours ago, McBokonon said:

(takes notes)

@Sinn Fein  Is there a reason rosters lock 5 minutes before kickoff?  Is that a league limit?

Pedro pulled his labia in warmup and then I lost this week by less than 2 points.  I tried to sub him out before kickoff when I learned he was benched, but it was in the 5 minute window and I was stuck with 0 points from him.  

2 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

@Sinn Fein  Is there a reason rosters lock 5 minutes before kickoff?  Is that a league limit?

Pedro pulled his labia in warmup and then I lost this week by less than 2 points.  I tried to sub him out before kickoff when I learned he was benched, but it was in the 5 minute window and I was stuck with 0 points from him.  

Apparently it's because Poch lost the locker room.

1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

:shrug:

It was a compromise of sorts between people who wanted the deadline to be an hour before kickoff and right at kickoff.

For the record - I knew Pedro was out more than 5 minutes before the game - but only because I had the NBC pre-game on...

1 hour ago, Kafka said:

Apparently it's because Poch lost the locker room.

You know who never lost a locker room?  Your mom.

• Laughing 1

On 8/25/2019 at 10:53 AM, Slapdash said:

It would be great if Dele Alli would, you know, play.

You think he is frustrating now - wait until he actually plays...

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

:shrug:

It was a compromise of sorts between people who wanted the deadline to be an hour before kickoff and right at kickoff.

For the record - I knew Pedro was out more than 5 minutes before the game - but only because I had the NBC pre-game on...

I believe I was making my Irish coffee when the change happened.  Or taking my morning constitutional.  Just sucks because sometimes I will set an alarm to check the posted lineups then go back to sleep.  But I was actually up and watching kickoff of this one.  Oh, and the 2 points cost me the week.  

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Seems mean.

1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I believe I was making my Irish coffee when the change happened.  Or taking my morning constitutional.  Just sucks because sometimes I will set an alarm to check the posted lineups then go back to sleep.  But I was actually up and watching kickoff of this one.  Oh, and the 2 points cost me the week.  

:violin:

1 hour ago, Kafka said:

Seems mean.

Take it up with VAR.

I am a bitter old man these days...

2 hours ago, Kafka said:
3 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Seems mean.

No, she's really sweet about it.

Last minute change of Kolasinac for Moura didn't make me win, but it would have only been a .01 point win without it :lol: 

• Like 1

I am considering a name change - Dr. Death

Its amazing the number of players who have gone off injured for me (and weirdly it has continued in my fantasy football league)

With the transfer-in of Marvelous Nakamba, Sporting Real Christo United Football Club d/b/a Mo Salah's Magic Carpet Ride shall now be known as Sporting Real Christo United Football Club d/b/a Mo Salah's Marvelous Carpet Ride for the remainder of the EPL 2019-2020 Fantasy League season.

Edited by Christo

Gonna come right down to it @Slapdash. I thought Man City was at 10 Central yesterday, woke up at 9:30 to see if I shoukd start Mahrez and/or Zinchenko and realized it was 10 eastern. The boys were up for it, manager just didn't do his job this week. Come on Auba 

Edited by Moe.

57 minutes ago, Moe. said:

Gonna come right down to it @Slapdash. I thought Man City was at 10 Central yesterday, woke up at 9:30 to see if I shoukd start Mahrez and/or Zinchenko and realized it was 10 eastern. The boys were up for it, manager just didn't do his job this week. Come on Auba 

Looks like you got me.  I could have done some better coaching too, keep forgetting to check Friday games.

I keep getting connection failures on Fantrax and I have no idea if it’s because I’m in a London airport or what. Won’t matter for this first match but it might later when/if I can’t make changes on the plane. Will try my laptop later but consider this post the first in what may be a future whining session.

6 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I keep getting connection failures on Fantrax and I have no idea if it’s because I’m in a London airport or what. Won’t matter for this first match but it might later when/if I can’t make changes on the plane. Will try my laptop later but consider this post the first in what may be a future whining session.

Send me a pm with changes you want to make. 

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Send me a pm with changes you want to make. 

Thanks. Got in using a proxy server so I guess Heathrow hates Fantrax. I’ll send you changes. I might be able to do the next set on my own but will include them just in case.

Wow!  Breaking News!

The third trade in league history has gone down tonight!

Lo Celso for Lanzini

If Spurs are getting relegated this year, I am getting relegated with them!

For the history Buffs, the two previous trades:

16/17 - Mignolet for Hart  (I traded Mignolet to help Gator corner the market on Liverpool keepers)

15/16 - The Original AOC (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain)  for Jermaine Defoe  ( @TLEF316 to @JMon348 )

Both complete wildcards. Just looks like Lanzini will be in the mix for the Hammers long before Lo Celso will be for Spurs.

• Like 1

Just now, Christo said:

Both complete wildcards. Just looks like Lanzini will be in the mix for the Hammers long before Lo Celso will be for Spurs.

I like Lanzini - wasn't sure how much you had invested in Lo Celso waiting for him to get healthy.  Its possible that it will be January before he sees regular minutes, and even then I am not completely sure where he plays.  

He is not exactly an Eriksen replacement, and I don't think Spurs are ready to trust Lo Celso and Ndombele together as a CM2 - so it might be that he and Lamela are competing for one spot.

My team has just gone so sideways, I figured I would rather just go with Spurs and at least be rooting for most of the same players.

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

I like Lanzini - wasn't sure how much you had invested in Lo Celso waiting for him to get healthy.  Its possible that it will be January before he sees regular minutes, and even then I am not completely sure where he plays.  

He is not exactly an Eriksen replacement, and I don't think Spurs are ready to trust Lo Celso and Ndombele together as a CM2 - so it might be that he and Lamela are competing for one spot.

My team has just gone so sideways, I figured I would rather just go with Spurs and at least be rooting for most of the same players.

That's exactly what I was hoping for as Ericksen was supposed to move to Spain before the trade deadline.

On 11/3/2019 at 8:59 PM, cheese said:

Vardy is fun to own

14 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

You‘re welcome for knocking off @cheese this week, rest of the league.

chat #### get banged.

@Christo @Poke_4_Life @McBokonon @cheese @TLEF316 @JMon348 @Slapdash @Getzlaf15 @drunken slob @Bonzai @Moe.

Just an FYI - there is a Mid-Week Week coming up next week.

I will run waivers manually at 9:00 PM et on Monday December 2 - which should make everyone FA before the first game on Tuesday.

I will run a second waivers manually at 9:00 PM on Thursday to again re-set everyone to FAs before the weekend.

If I forget - send me a PM.  If the system screws everything up when it runs waivers normally on Wednesday - send me a PM.  We will not permit any players who already played Tuesday or Wednesday to be dropped for a player who is going to play on Thursday.  You can add/drop after the mid-week games are over, and before the weekend starts.  

All other rules should remain the same - in terms of when players lock and can be put into the starting line-up.  If there are any glitches - send me a pm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

@Christo @Poke_4_Life @McBokonon @cheese @TLEF316 @JMon348 @Slapdash @Getzlaf15 @drunken slob @Bonzai @Moe.

Just an FYI - there is a Mid-Week Week coming up next week.

I will run waivers manually at 9:00 PM et on Monday December 2 - which should make everyone FA before the first game on Tuesday.

I will run a second waivers manually at 9:00 PM on Thursday to again re-set everyone to FAs before the weekend.

If I forget - send me a PM.  If the system screws everything up when it runs waivers normally on Wednesday - send me a PM.  We will not permit any players who already played Tuesday or Wednesday to be dropped for a player who is going to play on Thursday.  You can add/drop after the mid-week games are over, and before the weekend starts.  

All other rules should remain the same - in terms of when players lock and can be put into the starting line-up.  If there are any glitches - send me a pm.

Good job, commish :bow:

57 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Sucks to suck

Well, at least unlike magic football, you still have all of the winter and spring to turn it around

:banned:

@Sinn Fein, please check your inbox. 

And while you're at it, please tell shuke to answer the "White Courtesy Phone"

TIA

Edited by drunken slob
Added the Shuke reference

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

What am I missing - nothing in my inbox . :shrug:

ETA - @drunken slob

Sent a PM and got the message that your box is full and unable to accept anymore stuff :beavisandbutthead:

3 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

Sent a PM and got the message that your box is full and unable to accept anymore stuff :beavisandbutthead:

huh - tells me its 28% full.  I blame a lengthy conversation with Joe...  "Used 28% messenger storage"

I cleared out most of it though - try again.

Edited by Sinn Fein

OK - waivers processed - everyone is a free agent

Remember - waivers are going to run again Wednesday on our normal schedule - but you will not be allowed to drop or add any players who already played on Tuesday and/or Wednesday.  I will reverse any such transaction.

I will manually run waivers again on Thursday night - which will re-set all the players prior to the weekend games.

My apologies, @Sinn Fein, I was drunk posting. :bag:

No need for details, mainly because I don't remember them all.

Thanks for putting up with my dumb backside

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:19 AM, Slapdash said:

Sucks to suck

Meh, winning is overrated.