Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

***EPL 2019-20 Fantasy League*** Games start on Friday!

Just an FYI - I re-ran waivers this morning as I noticed that all the Arsenal and Brighton players were not FAs - so I ran waivers to re-set everyone to FA.

One of these days someone on my team is actually gonna play and be healthy. Then you fools are in REAL trouble

On 12/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, McBokonon said:

You know what else is overrated? Being the overall ####### points leader.

:lmao:

I was looking at the table the other day and noticed that you're the leading scorer in the league. My first thought was, "What the hell, man. How is this possible?" 

At least you can take solace in the fact that you're not under water like me. Just sayin'

Keep up the good work

:banned:

ETA: My team is not a high scoring team. Over in a 12-team magic football league, I finished 7-6. 4th in Points For and 2nd in Points Against. This stuff is luck, just like most other ventures of this nature.

Still better than magic football, though

Edited by drunken slob

Another thought, do any of you guys have buyer's remorse about any of the draft picks you made and still have on your roster?

For me, it's Moise Kean of Everton. I watched most, if not all, of his Juventus matches last season and was thrilled when he was loaned to the Toffies (pretty sure it's a loan with the option to buy, could be wrong). Dude has not performed at 1% of the level displayed last season. I'm going to hold onto him though. Hoping the light finally turns on in January/February and he comes good. Probably fool's gold, we'll see. 

Edited by drunken slob
fixed "onto"

On 12/5/2019 at 3:09 PM, Getzlaf15 said:

ooooh... we finally win a BS squeaker game. :towelwave:

amazing... they took away our W from last game.

2 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

amazing... they took away our W from last game.

What happened? I don't keep up with the overall stuff. Was it a stat change like what the NFL has?

5 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

What happened? I don't keep up with the overall stuff. Was it a stat change like what the NFL has?

that's what it looks like.   0.10 was added to Cheese total.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, drunken slob said:

I was looking at the table the other day and noticed that you're the leading scorer in the league. My first thought was, "What the hell, man. How is this possible?"

How dare you.

21 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

that's what it looks like.   0.10 was added to Cheese total.

This happened to me a few weeks ago when they awarded McTominay or (however you spell it) a goal after they originally scored it an own goal.

15 hours ago, McBokonon said:

How dare you.

A little clarification. I thought, "How is it possible that you're the leading scorer and not in 1st place?". Sorry for the misunderstanding, your team is way better than mine. Just look at the point totals between us. Hope that makes more sense.

BareChested Matadors Rising finally catch a freaking break when Aston Villa get a penalty in added time, of which there was only a minute, to prevent clean sheet points for Wengerbus. Quite the logjam we have here. 

• Thanks 1

Before I get caught up in the crappy week to come, thanks @Sinn Fein, for keeping the League Website up to date. :clap:

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:37 AM, McBokonon said:

BareChested Matadors Rising finally catch a freaking break when Aston Villa get a penalty in added time, of which there was only a minute, to prevent clean sheet points for Wengerbus. Quite the logjam we have here. 

That late Salah goal :lmao: I hope the goat I sacrificed knows it was worth it.

• Laughing 1

6 hours ago, McBokonon said:

That late Salah goal :lmao: I hope the goat I sacrificed knows it was worth it.

OOOOF.

• Thanks 1

In consultation with nobody - the League office has decided to temporarily suspend operations.

We will make a decision on the conclusion of the season in due course.

Oddly enough, waivers will continue to run every Wednesday...

• Thanks 1

While we have a break in the action - any thoughts on how to wrap it up?

Obviously a lot depends on how the PL decides to conclude the season. 

If they simply delay everything, its easy enough that we can delay as well.

The trickier part will be if the PL decides to cut the season short.

My first reaction was to just pay-out the places as they currently sit 1-4.

But, this has been such a close race all season, that seems a little unfair to me.  We have 10 teams within 1-game of the money, and within 3 games of 1st place overall.

If we went with most points overall - top-3 would stay the same, but @TLEF316 would replace @Poke_4_Life at #4

The other alternative - and probably most fair - just call the season a wash, and either refund the money, or roll it over to 20/21 season.

What are your thoughts?

@McBokonon @JMon348 @Bonzai @Slapdash @Christo @Getzlaf15 @drunken slob @cheese @Moe.

I've typed and erased several times.

I don't know, nothing seems fair.  I guess my vote would be full refund for all teams, but that's screwing teams and rewarding those who quit early.  No right answer.

Assuming they cancel the season outright, my vote would be to pay the top 4 in terms of overall points because everyone knows @Poke_4_Life  doesn't deserve anything, Oklahoma is a small state and he can't even pick the right school.

If we wanted to pay the top 4 in the standings that's fine too. Personally not a fan of the full refund for all, the buy-in is super low and six months of entertainment out of it should be enough for everyone to feel like they got their money's worth. If we do go that route I'd like to just roll mine over for next year's entry fee. 

Pay the top 4 IMO.  If you want to return the money though, this last place team would enjoy it.

I would wait as long as possible to make a decision.          If nothing changes and a decision has to be made, I'd split the 4th place w/l and pts prize.

I'm cool with whatever everyone wants to do. Obviously it would be nice to get a few bucks back, but I' certainly not going to lobby for it.

My vote is to wait until we know whether league is actually going to be cancelled.

Just to be clear - we will finish the season if the PL finishes the season.

I'm just trying to gauge where everyone is if the league got cancelled.

I worry a little that England may have really screwed up by waiting until now to start trying the whole social distancing aspect - and that could extend the impacts into the summer.

At this point, my basic assumption is that Euro 2020 will be postponed, and leagues given a chance to finish seasons.  I am also assuming that CL and Europa will be scrapped.  But there are some practical reasons that would require the seasons to be done by June 30 - and probably some pushback at playing twice a week for 5 weeks if they started in late May.  So, a cancelled season is still a real possibility.

8 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I can’t possibly be objective.

Just be happy you're not a Liverpool %^&*@!.

I would have declared the season void already...

A lot of great points have been made with this discussion. 

In the event of a cancellation of the season, I want my money to be used for payouts.

As a commish of three magic football leagues, I would have no problem giving anybody their entry fee back. But....whatever money is left, I would pay out the remainder based on the percentages in the rules to the top four or five.

I also believe that nobody should have to declare their intentions to have their money returned here in the thread. That should be an owner/commissioner discussion. Sorry to make extra work for you @Sinn Fein

I joined this league because I wanted to broaden my fantasy and sports horizons. I care more about this team than my dynasty leagues. I was looking so forward to the run-in. Now it's all about to be gone.

Things will get better. I hope everybody here stays on board for next season. 

In the meantime, take care of yourselves and those you can help.

• Like 1

Even tho I'm a main point of contention, I don't know that I really care.  

I do hope Pulisic and Kane can get healthy before the footy starts back, but is that really fair to get injured players back when if this whole thing didn't happen they would still be out?  (More thinking about Kane in this case, Pulisic should be healthy by now.)

I think I should just keep the money.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Christo said:

I think I should just keep the money.

:headbang: Ain't nothing I can do about it :lmao:

Glad to see you're still around 

Look like you can get me through the league website. Not gonna be around here for long.

3 minutes ago, Christo said:

Look like you can get me through the league website. Not gonna be around here for long.

Hope you're doing well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Christo said:

Fair enough, hope all is well with you and the rest of our league-mates

Take care everybody

• Like 2

And I still think the answer is to award to the those in the position of the current standings.  I hope European leagues do the same 

4 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

And I still think the answer is to award to the those in the position of the current standings.  I hope European leagues do the same 

Just let me know. Mo Sallah's Discount Carpet Store ain't in the running whatever the decision.

5 minutes ago, Christo said:

Just let me know. Mo Sallah's Discount Carpet Store ain't in the running whatever the decision.

@Sinn Fein, should we call it?

Idea I got from another league.  Donate it to a COVID related charity.

Have first place find a charity and lets give it to them.

Its not a terrible idea - but I am still holding out hope they will force games to happen in June.

PL owners are greedy, and won't want to payback any of the TV money....

The hilarity of Liverpool not being officially recognized as champions is well worth the money I MAYBE could have won.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@McBokonon @TLEF316 @Slapdash @JMon348 @Christo @drunken slob @cheese @Moe. @Poke_4_Life @Getzlaf15 @Bonzai

Just checking in to see if everyone is still here - I think Christo is off-line as far as FBGs is concerned, but we can reach him via fantrax if he does not show up here.

I think the league is moving forward with a re-start date in Mid-June.  It looks like there will be two "game-weeks" in every real week - so we will need a contingency to deal with FAs/Waivers.

My inclination would be to do away with actual waivers - but still manually process waivers after the final match of any given match-week - thus players would still lock when their game started, but you would still be able to pick them up prior to the next game-week starting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm around just as much working from home as I was when I wasn't - which is to say, far too much.

Just an FYI - if you want to make a transaction you need to send it to me - Fantrax has put the league into Commissioner only mode - at least until there is some indication that the league will start up.

Surprised no one has said anything, don't we start back up in like a week?

1 minute ago, JMon348 said:

Surprised no one has said anything, don't we start back up in like a week?

I was hoping nobody was paying attention.

Message from the Commish on the FanTrax site:

Jun 4, 2020

Just an FYI - I will not be able to be reached at FBGs until August, or until I figure out a new alias... - but you can send me a message via this site.  I will figure out the waiver and post something here - but it looks like weekend games could run Friday-Monday, with mid-week games on Tuesday and Wednesday.  So, expect waivers to be processed Monday about 9:00 ET, and then again on Thursday at 9:00

What a nice feeling being able to put my 1.3 pick, Sir Harold of Kane, back in my starting lineup.

Suck it all of you!  I winning this mother now!

Odds that Paul Pogba makes it through 2 games before shutting it down again?

22 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Message from the Commish on the FanTrax site:

That's what you get for trusting a Spurs "fan" with the league web site...

But, from what I hear - the commissioner has changed the waivers to run on Monday Night and Thursday night - 9:00 et.

I, er I mean he, thinks that will run waivers after the weekend games that will be played from Friday to Monday, and again after the mid-week games which run Tuesday through Thursday.

The intent is to still lock all players in a given game week once their game starts (5 minutes before), but then make everyone still available to be picked in the upcoming week.  So if I have to make adjustments manually - I will.

• Laughing 1

Aliases and the use of them has always confused me...  but then again, I don't venture into the PSF cesspool. 

• Like 2