What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2019-20 Fantasy League*** Games start on Friday! (1 Viewer)

Zazale obviously knows his stuff - he ranked 98/99 United ahead of 83/84 Liverpool in the 2020 Greatest All-Time Sports draft.  Honestly, he should be running this thing over Gator.

The Gator said:
I really hate forgetting to check line-ups before games start.

:kicksrock:
The time i set an alarm on the weekend before 7 to get up and check is when i realized this wasn't for me :lol:  

I'm happy to partner with anyone who cares about my last-place advice though.

Zazale obviously knows his stuff - he ranked 98/99 United ahead of 83/84 Liverpool in the 2020 Greatest All-Time Sports draft.  Honestly, he should be running this thing over Gator.
I see.  Knowing that he is dissing my favorite team is a mark against him.

How does he feel about Cristiano?  His spot in the league hinges on his answer...

The Gator said:
  1. Gator & Sinn
  2. Bonzai
  3. Tlef
  4. drunken slob
  5. Poke
  6. Cheese
  7. Moe
  8. Jmon
  9. Kumerica
  10. AAABatteries
  11. Ned

Djackson is a maybe - with an assistant manager - @Slapdash ?

Christo is still deciding

I tried to send McBokonon a message on the league site - not sure if it went through.  I will try again later.  I think he has been banned here.
Is this for next year?  Is there still room?

Looks fun.  I follow Bundesliga more.  Lineups would be tough here on the west coast.
It is fun.

Yes, we have lost more than one owner over the years on the west coast - because of the line-up timing.  It is a burden on the left-coasters.

I have offered, but can't guarantee, to be up early enough to use commish powers to adjust line-ups - assuming they are submitted ahead of time - i.e. If Player X is not starting, replace with Player Y

1. Gator & Sinn
  2. Bonzai
  3. Tlef
  4. drunken slob
  5. Poke
  6. Cheese
  7. Moe
  8. Jmon
  9. Kumerica
  10. AAABatteries
  11. Ned
  12. getzlaf & Zazale
  13. McBokonon

Christo would be 15.  I think 16 is about the max we would want.

ETA - joining getzlaf and zazale

Last edited by a moderator:
It is fun.

Yes, we have lost more than one owner over the years on the west coast - because of the line-up timing.  It is a burden on the left-coasters.

I have offered, but can't guarantee, to be up early enough to use commish powers to adjust line-ups - assuming they are submitted ahead of time - i.e. If Player X is not starting, replace with Player Y
I am interested.  Put me on the waiting list for next year.  Danke.

I’d be willing to take on a co-manager as long as nobody has a problem with that. Early mornings are not my thing. I typically set my lineup the night before and hope everyone who’s supposed to play actually plays. 

how and what did you spam?
Apparently I was posting naughty words through the filter. I'd right part of the word out maybe first letter and then put "****" like that and I got suspended for spamming. I got a week for spamming maybe a week before the last one but mod never posted anything I spammed. I was calling another poster out on what his intentions of his post really was about and many of us saw right through it so stop lying. That comment got me reported for spamming despite the fact I didn't post any foul language or anything. It's really hard to get a read on what is being allowed or not allowed on here these days. 

It's a lot different for me compared to the board I use to post at. it was the MLB.com forums and a poster mentioned this board when I had a football NFL thread going and asked where they were getting stuff. They were posting Derange Hermit's source info he got from his buddy when his buddy worked for the Eagles to our thread. Thats how I found this board to begin with. Read a lot more then posted back then though. Maybe about 3 1/2 yrs ago started posted more here and a year ago MLB board went puff into thin air with zero warning. Long Story short you got away with a lot more on those boards. I'll put it this way if we had the mods from here on those boards 80% of the posters posting on those boards may have gotten life time bans for what they posted. So I'm really not use to such 'stricter" (for lack of better terms) rules. 

I’d be willing to take on a co-manager as long as nobody has a problem with that. Early mornings are not my thing. I typically set my lineup the night before and hope everyone who’s supposed to play actually plays. 
My only issue is I usually have work when most of these matches are on since I work retail. 

Yeah 15 hrs and 30Ms or something like that. Another was 30 days and 7 hrs. Believe me I have no idea how they come up with those. I asked Trusbisky about length of suspensions and how they are determined and they said it was up to whichever mod gave you the Timeout. I guess I should've asked more specifically how they get the 30M or 1 day and X amount of hrs. Its so weird and inconsistent too. Like My 30 day suspension probably shouldn't have been anywhere near that. What I put wasn't anywhere close to what I've seen from others who got much shorter TOs for. At this point it's just whatever. I'll take the break and comeback when the time is up. No point in fighting it or whatever probably just will get ya in more trouble. After my month Suspension I changed some posting habits and ignoring certain posters too which helps. There's a few who I believe are just out to get me because of my posting habits or something I posted before for whatever reason. Never have been disrespectful to anyone here. 

every other opinion is bad and wrong and you should feel bad about yourself
I feel I can’t give an honest reply to this without being accused of influencing a judge.  I’ll just say, I’m a Manchester United fan, watched virtually every game he played for them, hated it when he left, think he’s incredible.  And with him and every other player ever, save Pele, available to me....I didn’t pick him.  And it wasn’t because Gator is a scouser.

Apparently I was posting naughty words through the filter. I'd right part of the word out maybe first letter and then put "****" like that and I got suspended for spamming. I got a week for spamming maybe a week before the last one but mod never posted anything I spammed. I was calling another poster out on what his intentions of his post really was about and many of us saw right through it so stop lying. That comment got me reported for spamming despite the fact I didn't post any foul language or anything. It's really hard to get a read on what is being allowed or not allowed on here these days. 
Thanks for sharing.  

Maybe I am ill-informed.  I thought spamming was something different.

I must have screwed something else up when I tried to change it yesterday 

A couple of "weird" game weeks upcoming:

Week 36:  Runs from tomorrow (Tuesday) through Friday.

Week 37:  Runs from Saturday through next Wednesday.

With that in mind - I am going to change waivers from Thursday this week to Friday - 9:00 PM ET

And then on the following Thursday.

That should wrap up the season.

I still have not read anything on a start date for the 20-21 season, but I think I recall seeing that the European transfer window will be open until early October.

Once we get a start date, I'll put together a new thread for next season, and get draft dates.

EPL announced the summer transfer window will run from July 27 until October 5 - in line with other European leagues. 

Still nothing on a start date that I have seen. 

so when is the draft for next season supposed to be? probably september?

i would like to petition a change to the arbitrary rules that define who counts as a midfield or a forward. notable offenders include but are not limited to:

M/F Sadio Mane, M/F Marcus Rashford, M/F Gerard Deulofeu, M/F Roberto Firmino. you can't in good faith argue with me that these players also deserve the midfielder role which is strictly better when their average positions by gameweek are laterally near identical to actual Fs like Jamie Vardy and Danny Ings. thanks https://members.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/comparison/players/ for the positional analysis.

https://snipboard.io/4fJWGQ.jpg firmino vs ings average position. almost all the M/Fs are like this. There are D/Ms that are also like this but they're harder to define because there are a lot of wingbacks whose average position is straight midfield but they play defense out of possession. For now, players that are M/F that apply like above allow me to theoretically play more than 3 forwards based on actual positioning.

i would like to petition a change to the arbitrary rules that define who counts as a midfield or a forward. notable offenders include but are not limited to:

M/F Sadio Mane, M/F Marcus Rashford, M/F Gerard Deulofeu, M/F Roberto Firmino. you can't in good faith argue with me that these players also deserve the midfielder role which is strictly better when their average positions by gameweek are laterally near identical to actual Fs like Jamie Vardy and Danny Ings. thanks https://members.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/comparison/players/ for the positional analysis.

https://snipboard.io/4fJWGQ.jpg firmino vs ings average position. almost all the M/Fs are like this. There are D/Ms that are also like this but they're harder to define because there are a lot of wingbacks whose average position is straight midfield but they play defense out of possession. For now, players that are M/F that apply like above allow me to theoretically play more than 3 forwards based on actual positioning.
Denied.

Seriously though - I admire the thought process, and I even agree.

But the reality is I would spend all season arbitrating with people over position requirements. M/F D/M and even the occasional D/F happen.  Its just easier to avoid the arguments by using the assignment from Fantrax.  Nobody's feelings get hurt that way.

We did make an adjustment recently (this year or last) where we allowed positions to change during the year - once a player has played a certain number of games at a given position - that leads to more multi-position players by the end of the season.

Position is a factor when you rank the players for draft - as you note, a M role is more valuable if the player is really a F.  

I will say that the AM roles always seems to be a bit arbitrary in whether fantrax counts them as M or F.  And, off the top of my head, I don't know where fantrax gets its stats feed (that is the ultimate source, fantrax itself makes no position decsions.)

@zazale - I assume you have access to the current league page 

If you click on the player, you can see how many games they have played at any given position.

Using Mane as an example - this year he is listed as F 30 times, M 3 times - so he won't be eligible as a MF next season.

Last year it was 24 F, 12 M - and I think we use 10 games from the previous season as the determining factor.

We could tweak that - but then I think we ran into issues with players who only had a handful of games the previous season.

you're right, i apologize. the system is arbitrary insofar that fantrax determines the default positions but they can play 15 games at that position to qualify for that position. i'm looking and a good example of this seems to be Deulofeu. Watford played 395 different formations in the first part of the season, he was a lone striker, second striker, right winger and even attacking mid. 

Users who are viewing this thread