Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

***EPL 2019-20 Fantasy League*** Games start on Friday!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, The Gator said:

Should I know who @zazale is?

I saw getzlaff tag him earlier, but its not a name with whom I am familiar.

Getz's son or claims to be per Getz   :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zazale obviously knows his stuff - he ranked 98/99 United ahead of 83/84 Liverpool in the 2020 Greatest All-Time Sports draft.  Honestly, he should be running this thing over Gator.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gator said:

I really hate forgetting to check line-ups before games start.

:kicksrock:

 

The time i set an alarm on the weekend before 7 to get up and check is when i realized this wasn't for me :lol: 

I'm happy to partner with anyone who cares about my last-place advice though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Zazale obviously knows his stuff - he ranked 98/99 United ahead of 83/84 Liverpool in the 2020 Greatest All-Time Sports draft.  Honestly, he should be running this thing over Gator.

I see.  Knowing that he is dissing my favorite team is a mark against him.

How does he feel about Cristiano?  His spot in the league hinges on his answer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Gator said:

I see.  Knowing that he is dissing my favorite team is a mark against him.

How does he feel about Cristiano?  His spot in the league hinges on his answer...

Two things:

1. He hasn't revealed his player rankings yet so you can judge that for yourself

2. I doubt he has a poster of Cristiano over his bed like some people

P&S - Gator late at night staring at said poster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Gator said:
  1. Gator & Sinn
  2. Bonzai
  3. Tlef
  4. drunken slob
  5. Poke
  6. Cheese
  7. Moe
  8. Jmon
  9. Kumerica
  10. AAABatteries
  11. Ned

 

Djackson is a maybe - with an assistant manager - @Slapdash ?

Christo is still deciding

I tried to send McBokonon a message on the league site - not sure if it went through.  I will try again later.  I think he has been banned here.

 

Is this for next year?  Is there still room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks fun.  I follow Bundesliga more.  Lineups would be tough here on the west coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shader said:

Is this for next year?  Is there still room?

Maybe

It seems more people are bored this year, than in year's past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drunken knight said:

Looks fun.  I follow Bundesliga more.  Lineups would be tough here on the west coast.

It is fun.

Yes, we have lost more than one owner over the years on the west coast - because of the line-up timing.  It is a burden on the left-coasters.

I have offered, but can't guarantee, to be up early enough to use commish powers to adjust line-ups - assuming they are submitted ahead of time - i.e. If Player X is not starting, replace with Player Y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  1. Gator & Sinn
  2. Bonzai
  3. Tlef
  4. drunken slob
  5. Poke
  6. Cheese
  7. Moe
  8. Jmon
  9. Kumerica
  10. AAABatteries
  11. Ned
  12. getzlaf & Zazale
  13. McBokonon

 

Christo would be 15.  I think 16 is about the max we would want.

 

 

ETA - joining getzlaf and zazale

Edited by The Gator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Gator said:

It is fun.

Yes, we have lost more than one owner over the years on the west coast - because of the line-up timing.  It is a burden on the left-coasters.

I have offered, but can't guarantee, to be up early enough to use commish powers to adjust line-ups - assuming they are submitted ahead of time - i.e. If Player X is not starting, replace with Player Y

I am interested.  Put me on the waiting list for next year.  Danke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Gator said:
  1. Gator & Sinn
  2. Bonzai
  3. Tlef
  4. drunken slob
  5. Poke
  6. Cheese
  7. Moe
  8. Jmon
  9. Kumerica
  10. AAABatteries
  11. Ned
  12. getzlaf/Zazale
  13. McBokonon

 

Christo would be 15.  I think 16 is about the max we would want.

@The Gator - I may have confused you with my post.  Getz and Son are one team.  See my edit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AAABatteries said:

@The Gator - I may have confused you with my post.  Getz and Son are one team.  See my edit.  

Got it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well sign me up if there is room.  If not, I totally get it, I’m late to the party here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you need one, I'll step in.  May need l/u help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

@McBokonon sent a message by the fantrax site that he's back from timeout later this month.  And he's committed to coming back to the league.

What did he do to get a timeout? I just served a 15hr one the other day for Spamming? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

What did he do to get a timeout? I just served a 15hr one the other day for Spamming? 

how and what did you spam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be willing to take on a co-manager as long as nobody has a problem with that. Early mornings are not my thing. I typically set my lineup the night before and hope everyone who’s supposed to play actually plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Drunken knight said:

how and what did you spam?

Apparently I was posting naughty words through the filter. I'd right part of the word out maybe first letter and then put "****" like that and I got suspended for spamming. I got a week for spamming maybe a week before the last one but mod never posted anything I spammed. I was calling another poster out on what his intentions of his post really was about and many of us saw right through it so stop lying. That comment got me reported for spamming despite the fact I didn't post any foul language or anything. It's really hard to get a read on what is being allowed or not allowed on here these days. 

It's a lot different for me compared to the board I use to post at. it was the MLB.com forums and a poster mentioned this board when I had a football NFL thread going and asked where they were getting stuff. They were posting Derange Hermit's source info he got from his buddy when his buddy worked for the Eagles to our thread. Thats how I found this board to begin with. Read a lot more then posted back then though. Maybe about 3 1/2 yrs ago started posted more here and a year ago MLB board went puff into thin air with zero warning. Long Story short you got away with a lot more on those boards. I'll put it this way if we had the mods from here on those boards 80% of the posters posting on those boards may have gotten life time bans for what they posted. So I'm really not use to such 'stricter" (for lack of better terms) rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moe. said:

I’d be willing to take on a co-manager as long as nobody has a problem with that. Early mornings are not my thing. I typically set my lineup the night before and hope everyone who’s supposed to play actually plays. 

My only issue is I usually have work when most of these matches are on since I work retail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

What did he do to get a timeout? I just served a 15hr one the other day for Spamming? 

15 hours :lmao:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gator said:

15 hours :lmao:

Yeah 15 hrs and 30Ms or something like that. Another was 30 days and 7 hrs. Believe me I have no idea how they come up with those. I asked Trusbisky about length of suspensions and how they are determined and they said it was up to whichever mod gave you the Timeout. I guess I should've asked more specifically how they get the 30M or 1 day and X amount of hrs. Its so weird and inconsistent too. Like My 30 day suspension probably shouldn't have been anywhere near that. What I put wasn't anywhere close to what I've seen from others who got much shorter TOs for. At this point it's just whatever. I'll take the break and comeback when the time is up. No point in fighting it or whatever probably just will get ya in more trouble. After my month Suspension I changed some posting habits and ignoring certain posters too which helps. There's a few who I believe are just out to get me because of my posting habits or something I posted before for whatever reason. Never have been disrespectful to anyone here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zazale said:

@The Gator cristiano ronaldo is the best player of all time who isn't pelé don´t @me

YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every other opinion is bad and wrong and you should feel bad about yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, zazale said:

every other opinion is bad and wrong and you should feel bad about yourself

I feel I can’t give an honest reply to this without being accused of influencing a judge.  I’ll just say, I’m a Manchester United fan, watched virtually every game he played for them, hated it when he left, think he’s incredible.  And with him and every other player ever, save Pele, available to me....I didn’t pick him.  And it wasn’t because Gator is a scouser.

Edited by AAABatteries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Apparently I was posting naughty words through the filter. I'd right part of the word out maybe first letter and then put "****" like that and I got suspended for spamming. I got a week for spamming maybe a week before the last one but mod never posted anything I spammed. I was calling another poster out on what his intentions of his post really was about and many of us saw right through it so stop lying. That comment got me reported for spamming despite the fact I didn't post any foul language or anything. It's really hard to get a read on what is being allowed or not allowed on here these days. 

 

Thanks for sharing.  

 

Maybe I am ill-informed.  I thought spamming was something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drunken knight said:

Thanks for sharing.  

 

Maybe I am ill-informed.  I thought spamming was something different.

I did too. When I got the week ban for spamming and saw the post they took I thought it was weird. I had a different idea on spamming as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need a clean sheet from United today boys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Petition to change league rules to allow for a 5-2-3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moe. said:

Petition to change league rules to allow for a 5-2-3

🤔

I thought that was allowed under the rules...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking the set-up:

D - can be between 3-5

M - can be between 2-5

F - can be between 1-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I must have screwed something else up when I tried to change it yesterday 

Edited by Moe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of "weird" game weeks upcoming:

 

Week 36:  Runs from tomorrow (Tuesday) through Friday.

Week 37:  Runs from Saturday through next Wednesday.

 

With that in mind - I am going to change waivers from Thursday this week to Friday - 9:00 PM ET

And then on the following Thursday.

 

That should wrap up the season.

I still have not read anything on a start date for the 20-21 season, but I think I recall seeing that the European transfer window will be open until early October.

Once we get a start date, I'll put together a new thread for next season, and get draft dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have added that Waivers will run tonight as scheduled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EPL announced the summer transfer window will run from July 27 until October 5 - in line with other European leagues. 
 

Still nothing on a start date that I have seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

so when is the draft for next season supposed to be? probably september?

Edited by zazale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zazale said:

so when is the draft for next season supposed to be? probably september?

Heard rumors of games starting mid September.  We would probably draft starting in Mid-August.  Draft takes a few weeks usually.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point of order for the league.

A poster that does not visit the PSF and has a clean posting record should start the new **Official** league post.  That way the thread title can be continually updated.

Thinking no @Sinn Fein or @The Gator or @McBokonon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i for one can't wait for my 3rd round kai havertz pick to fall through on deadline day in october

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Point of order for the league.

A poster that does not visit the PSF and has a clean posting record should start the new **Official** league post.  That way the thread title can be continually updated.

Thinking no @Sinn Fein or @The Gator or @McBokonon.

I’m going to be Peter Krawietz to @The Gator’s Klopp. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I forget, want to thank our multi-personality commish for the work done under these challenging conditions. :thumbup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would like to petition a change to the arbitrary rules that define who counts as a midfield or a forward. notable offenders include but are not limited to:

M/F Sadio Mane, M/F Marcus Rashford, M/F Gerard Deulofeu, M/F Roberto Firmino. you can't in good faith argue with me that these players also deserve the midfielder role which is strictly better when their average positions by gameweek are laterally near identical to actual Fs like Jamie Vardy and Danny Ings. thanks https://members.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/comparison/players/ for the positional analysis.

https://snipboard.io/4fJWGQ.jpg firmino vs ings average position. almost all the M/Fs are like this. There are D/Ms that are also like this but they're harder to define because there are a lot of wingbacks whose average position is straight midfield but they play defense out of possession. For now, players that are M/F that apply like above allow me to theoretically play more than 3 forwards based on actual positioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zazale said:

i would like to petition a change to the arbitrary rules that define who counts as a midfield or a forward. notable offenders include but are not limited to:

M/F Sadio Mane, M/F Marcus Rashford, M/F Gerard Deulofeu, M/F Roberto Firmino. you can't in good faith argue with me that these players also deserve the midfielder role which is strictly better when their average positions by gameweek are laterally near identical to actual Fs like Jamie Vardy and Danny Ings. thanks https://members.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/comparison/players/ for the positional analysis.

https://snipboard.io/4fJWGQ.jpg firmino vs ings average position. almost all the M/Fs are like this. There are D/Ms that are also like this but they're harder to define because there are a lot of wingbacks whose average position is straight midfield but they play defense out of possession. For now, players that are M/F that apply like above allow me to theoretically play more than 3 forwards based on actual positioning.

Denied.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously though - I admire the thought process, and I even agree.

But the reality is I would spend all season arbitrating with people over position requirements. M/F D/M and even the occasional D/F happen.  Its just easier to avoid the arguments by using the assignment from Fantrax.  Nobody's feelings get hurt that way.

We did make an adjustment recently (this year or last) where we allowed positions to change during the year - once a player has played a certain number of games at a given position - that leads to more multi-position players by the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Position is a factor when you rank the players for draft - as you note, a M role is more valuable if the player is really a F.  

I will say that the AM roles always seems to be a bit arbitrary in whether fantrax counts them as M or F.  And, off the top of my head, I don't know where fantrax gets its stats feed (that is the ultimate source, fantrax itself makes no position decsions.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zazale - I assume you have access to the current league page 

If you click on the player, you can see how many games they have played at any given position.

Using Mane as an example - this year he is listed as F 30 times, M 3 times - so he won't be eligible as a MF next season.

Last year it was 24 F, 12 M - and I think we use 10 games from the previous season as the determining factor.

 

We could tweak that - but then I think we ran into issues with players who only had a handful of games the previous season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you're right, i apologize. the system is arbitrary insofar that fantrax determines the default positions but they can play 15 games at that position to qualify for that position. i'm looking and a good example of this seems to be Deulofeu. Watford played 395 different formations in the first part of the season, he was a lone striker, second striker, right winger and even attacking mid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.