What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Is Your Workbag? (1 Viewer)

What Is Your Workbag?

• Backpack

Votes: 47 43.9%
  • messenger bag

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Purse

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Plastic grocery bag

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Hard briefcase

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Roller briefcase thing that looks like carryon luggage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters

Leeroy Jenkins

Footballguy
What do you use to carry your crap, papers, folders, notepads, laptops, tablets, etc to and from work?  

Do you use public transit or drive/uber?

Backpack + train + walk. Used a messenger bag for years prior and kept having back probs.  Switched to a backpack using both straps and...voila. 

A backpack.  It cramps my style a bit but it's functionally the best option. 

ETA: Drive

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m curious to how much paperwork people are carrying around these days. I carry a laptop and a red book and that’s almost it. 

So canvas laptop bag. I chose messenger bag. 

ETA-Drive. Also, I wear suits and ties these days otherwise I would likely go with a backpack, specifically the type with extra padding for my laptop.

Usually nothing (pockets), as I leave all my work materials at work. I only carry my work ID, license, cc and keys. 

I drive mostly now, but was a commuter cyclist for a while, during which time I used a backpack for my change of clothes.

Nothing, aside from whatever I might be bringing my lunch in (plastic bag, insulated lunch bag thingie, etc.). Depends.

ful backpack and a stanley lunch box w/thermos (I eat a thermos of soup plus fruit everyday). . . and I work in an office so I get a TON of crap about the lunchbox such as "you look like you're ready for your coal mining job, nice lunchbox - ha ha, etc.)

Posessions never meant anything to me. I'm not crazy. Well that's not true...I kept my crack pipe in my pants last time I worked. Burned a damn hole in a bunch of them to where everything would fall right down my leg...and onto the floor/my closest friend linoleum...

This is what I use.  Keeps my laptop and several notepads/folders plus pens and whatever else I need.

Looks cool and just moves from car to office and back home again.  Was pretty handy when taking flights for vacation as well.

I have a laptop bag about 5' behind me and I couldn't tell you the last time I used it.  I don't think work is meant to travel home, so I don't.  The two bags I carry are gym and lunch.

I drive.

Chrome Citizen Messenger bag.  I'm on my second one since 2005.  First one lasted almost a decade of daily use and is still functional, just faded from too much sun and rain.  It doesn't have many compartments and if you have a 17" laptop, it's kinda cumbersome, but other than that, no complaints.

I rode my bike to work for over a decade and used that bag every day.  Indestructible and great for cycling if you learn how to pack it properly.  However, now I drive and am getting fat because of it.

I use both backpacks and messenger bags based upon which location I'm working at.  We have a retail location/showroom in Orange County and we also have our workshops/fabrication facilities in Los Angeles.  My form of transportation to and from work is driving.  

Looks fine, but I don't really identify masculinity by fashionable accessories. Then again, I wore lycra to work for over a decade.
I don't necessarily identify it with masculinity just with that of a school boy hauling a bunch of textbooks around.   It's fine if you're an intern who doesn't know any better but if you're a bawse, you can do much better.  

I don't necessarily identify it with masculinity just with that of a school boy hauling a bunch of textbooks around.   It's fine if you're an intern who doesn't know any better but if you're a bawse, you can do much better.  
Lol.  Guess it depends on where you are located and your industry.   Here in the PNW and when I visit the bay area...backpacks are a norm.

btw: Sweet purse ya got there. 

What of it?
Literally just had a discussion about this with a large group of people the other day thanks to an article in the Philly Inquirer. Every single person agreed that it was cringe worthy when "older guys" (over 30s was the consensus) carry backpacks to a professional job. 

Literally just had a discussion about this with a large group of people the other day thanks to an article in the Philly Inquirer. Every single person agreed that it was cringe worthy when "older guys" (over 30s was the consensus) carry backpacks to a professional job. 
It goes from house to car, from car to under desk.  "Carried" for about 30 seconds all day long.

Is also the most convenient format for storing a laptop and files.  Literally every other person at my office (including several older than me) use a backpack.

It goes from house to car, from car to under desk.  "Carried" for about 30 seconds all day long.

Is also the most convenient format for storing a laptop and files.  Literally every other person at my office (including several older than me) use a backpack.
:bag:

Ask my 14-year old son about all of the other cringe-worthy things I do on a daily basis. Isn't that my job as a father? 

What line of work are you in?

I wear a backpack to my professional job not for style--but because of safety.  If you carry a decent messenger bag in certain areas of downtown Los Angeles--you are effectively painting yourself as a target for robbers/muggers.   I could care less if wearing a backpack makes some people cringe if it's beneficial to my safety. 

Users who are viewing this thread