What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

He Could Throw That Speedball By You? (1 Viewer)

3-2, Bottom of the seventh. Full count. Dyson on first, Hamilton on third. Dyson will be moving on the pitch. Keuchel sets. Steps off. Dyson back to first. 

Keuchel sets again. Dyson gets his lead. Keuchel winds...fires...strike three! Keuchel gets him looking. Boy, I tell ya Jerry, he really threw that SPEEDBALL by him! Made him look like a fool!

It was glorious back in those days
I love how his fastball had an arc to it in the video. Nobody told him, nobody whispered, "Bruce. Don't film this. Get a body double..."?

YEAH DID SOMEBODY SAY HE HIT A BODY DOUBLE...MAN HE WON THE GAME WITH A BODY DOUBLE...

MMMHMMM

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that makes that song good is that everybody knows the HS jock who was King of the World for a short time and never moved on
I personally posit that it's that piano in the bridge, but that's me.

I'm also that HS jock, so there's that.

C'mon boys, keep it rockin' now...

It's about "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen and then riffing on a misplaced lyric within. Nothing too difficult. 
Yeah, I figured it was a song lyric. Too lazy to look it up.

One thing this board has taught me, which I truly didn't realize, is music is a huge part of many people's lives. And my wife is the singer in a (small) band. 

Yeah, I figured it was a song lyric. Too lazy to look it up.

One thing this board has taught me, which I truly didn't realize, is music is a huge part of many people's lives. And my wife is the singer in a (small) band. 
It's gotten a lot more about music since the sex went away. It's not often you'll get in knock-down drag-outs about music, and I think most of us look to get along rather than quibble (for the most part).

It's gotten a lot more about music since the sex went away. It's not often you'll get in knock-down drag-outs about music, and I think most of us look to get along rather than quibble (for the most part).
For me, sex is the only worthwhile part of sex, drugs and rock-and-roll triad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our people's laureate from Jersey? Hacky? 

Mon dieu! 
The thing is, while I have lived in Jersey since age 18, I grew up on the other side of the river in the western, very much not blue collar, suburbs of Philly. Springsteen was a nonfactor at our school, and this was at the height of his fame in the 80s.

So I have zero cultural attachment to him and judge him on the quality of his songs, many of which I don’t like.

So I have zero cultural attachment to him and judge him on the quality of his songs, many of which I don’t like.
Same here and I feel the same. He was a big deal in my hometown when Born In The U.S.A. came out, but that was a bit before the years that I was forming my musical tastes. I just liked what was on the radio mostly. I was ten or eleven. 

In my later years, the only collegiate attendees who liked him were super-smart liberal kids from working-class towns (surprise!) and that just wasn't me. 

The thing is, while I have lived in Jersey since age 18, I grew up on the other side of the river in the western, very much not blue collar, suburbs of Philly. Springsteen was a nonfactor at our school, and this was at the height of his fame in the 80s.

My cultural attachment comes from going to a dozen or so weddings of Jersey folk after I moved to the area after grad school - maybe half had some kind of weird Jersey Girl ritual near the end of the reception. They're a strange people.  Maryland folk ain't nearly so hung up on Kix.

Users who are viewing this thread