What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Draft 2020 (1 Viewer)

pantherclub

Footballguy
As its been talked about on here, I heard a dude on sirius/xm go on and on about how the 2020 draft is the most loaded in history.  Depth everywhere, the first round is loaded and especially the top 10.  Some world class prospects at every position.  My question, is this just a blip in the system or a result of the athletes getting bigger and faster and stronger?  Normally we dont see a draft where every position is loaded and deep.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming season.

next year is almost always better. Until guys decide to go back to school, get hurt, or under perform. 

This is nothing new. It's your normal hype for a promising draft class. 

I think there is a lot of excitement over the QB’s specifically; Tua, Herbert, Fromm...although I see Fromm as a mid-late first found talent.  Considering that the 1st round this year saw three QB’s get drafted who weren’t on the 1st round radar this time last year...I can see why the buzz is starting.  QB’s are always on each draft seasons marquee.

I see it as an above average year coming, very much above average if everyone declares and performs as expected all year.  

This draft appears to have 2-3 high quality qb's, 2-3 insanely talented Left tackles, 2-3 great cover corners,  2 incredible safeties, 2-3 all world wr's, and 1 maybe 2 game changing pass rushers.  Thats just on the surface, the depth of this class is unlimited from a 30000ft view

next year is almost always better. Until guys decide to go back to school, get hurt, or under perform. 

This is nothing new. It's your normal hype for a promising draft class. 
While that's true in general, this particular class actually is special.  I'd say more so for fantasy positions because it is particularly loaded at QB, WR, and RB amongst other positions. 

We may be overrating 2020 a bit because some players who are eligible might not be coming out.  The crazy thing though is that Tyler Johnson and Bryan Edwards, who would be in the top tier of 2019 draft picks had they come out, don't look like top 12 SF picks in the 2020 class at this point.  

I just gained another 2nd round pick for 2020 will likely be in the 2.01-2.03 ball park. I gave up my 2.09 2019.

Tex

I've been loading up on 2nd's as much as possible in addition to 1sts.  If this draft is as loaded as it's being speculated, that's going to push a lot of names into the 2nd we wouldn't see in many years.  I have 5 2nd's in one league and 3 in two more and with as tight as people are being with 1sts I've made sure to at least get what I could.

Hankmoody said:
I've been loading up on 2nd's as much as possible in addition to 1sts.  If this draft is as loaded as it's being speculated, that's going to push a lot of names into the 2nd we wouldn't see in many years.  I have 5 2nd's in one league and 3 in two more and with as tight as people are being with 1sts I've made sure to at least get what I could.
Great strategy. Those 2nds are going to be more valuable than normal, especially in superflex. 

Hankmoody said:
Great job! I now have 10 of the first 20 picks for 2020. 

Tex

I have two firsts and two seconds. One each is mine so that'll be late but others are early to mid. It better be great.

I love when people try to predict that next years draft class is going to be great. I wait until after the draft to really look into it much. 

I love this years draft class a lot more than most and I'm ok with that. If my guy is there I have no problem giving up my 1st and 2nd next year to grab him this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread