What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Earthquake - Check-in if you felt it (1 Viewer)

We got it down in the Inland Empire. Not too bad. Record didn't even skip.

Wondering if it will get worse. I hope you're all well.

Parents in arrowhead said it rocked good up there. ESPN2 showing WSOP main event right now on a 30 minute delay, the earthquake will be coming up soon for those that want to watch the poker room rock.

I had been reading and was dozing on the couch but I am awake now.

Definitely stronger and more violent than the first from where I am in Glendale/Pasadena area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really think you should go outside right now? You should probably make sure you're safe and sound first and then go grant aid.

Ready.gov says "Do NOT go outside."

Hmm...good luck, bro. 
I feel safer outside. Houses falling on folks is more common here than ... well it is a desert.  Ground still rolling and another, a non stop series of 4.0ers. They downgraded the 7.1 to 6.9. Everyone on my street and adjacent streets is okay and wow another one rolls through.

I'm still surprised how long that lasted and how much movement there was here 120 miles away. I can't imagine what you guys so much closer felt. Hang in there. 
I was in my backyard piddling around with a  window ac project for an office off my garage. And i wobbled to the house like the town drunk. Saw my hot water heater walking out the closet and put my shoulder to it. Same toilet that popped out the first time is leaking. A computer monitor fell. All the pictures and stuff were already secured, and I drained half my pool so all good here.

To be honest, I'd rather have these long rolling waves than the sudden jolts that tear down buildings.

To be honest, I'd rather have these long rolling waves than the sudden jolts that tear down buildings.
Ten miles from the epicenter and i coudln't agree more. We just had a "jolt" that should show up at caltech any minute. it was probably 5.3/5.5... but the suddenness of it is unnerving.

yup 5.5

Last edited by a moderator:
I've lived California for 35 years and this is the first time I'm hearing CalTech use the term Fore-Shock. Way to freak us out quakenerds.

I've lived California for 35 years and this is the first time I'm hearing CalTech use the term Fore-Shock. Way to freak us out quakenerds.
That is because it was a stronger magnitude than the 6.4 quake yesterday. A foreshock can only be labeled after the fact if the subsequent quake is strong.

Watched the footage of the Dodgers game as it was happening.  I don't know if they are just numb to it but damn everything is shaking and they must have thrown 2 pitches during it

Watched the footage of the Dodgers game as it was happening.  I don't know if they are just numb to it but damn everything is shaking and they must have thrown 2 pitches during it
Some Californians are uniquely unmoved by earthquakes. My BiL was doing bills when the first one hit. He just yelled at my sister, "earthquake be careful!" and kept writing checks.

Have your kin-folk said "move away from there"?
I don't mean this in the way it sounds, but I wish some of you were here. It... isn't... frightening... to any degree that makes me want to abandon my home should a gas line pop open, ya know? If this was happening in a major city, yeah, run for the hills. I'm in the middle of the desert surrounded by millions of acres of blm land.

Are you guys watching this caltech briefing? That was crazy. Another one happened during the briefing and they had a countdown clock until the second we'd feel it. My place still feels like it's moving.

Yeah, overall it's not so bad. I'd rather have these quakes that occasionally release energy than deal with tornadoes and hurricanes every year.

Are you guys watching this caltech briefing? That was crazy. Another one happened during the briefing and they had a countdown clock until the second we'd feel it. My place still feels like it's moving.
Yeah, I was watching it and wham...

At this point I really can't tell if it's an aftershock or just my head/stomach still feeling the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread