What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Earthquake - Check-in if you felt it (1 Viewer)

Didnt feel it this time as I was doing heavy sets in gym. But saw the lights swaying back and forth and at first I thought I caused it. ;) :lol:

maybe we finally get that road widened.

About a month ago we went up to Kernville for the night.  On the way back there was a van that had broken down right in the middle of the road.  Smack dab in the middle of the lane. Fortunately it was on a relatively straight part just a couple of miles into the canyon.  

Yeah, overall it's not so bad. I'd rather have these quakes that occasionally release energy than deal with tornadoes and hurricanes every year.
I know this is what you guys tell yourselves, but hell no. 

Lot of damage in Ridgecrest, according to family now. Brother in law took damage to his home and lost a brickwall. 

No power in town. All businesses shut down, even the military base. Most of my wife's family have left town this morning. Slept outside last night. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i have never lost power. 95% of homes unharmed. most damage minor. tons of broken glass. helping others is mostly going through what fell from walls and shelves. town 70% blacked out. many have left, but many more stayed. 

Ridgecrest could be laid to waste and im not sure i would call it alot of damage. Bakersfield, Lancaster... 
True lol. 

One of my brother-in-laws works at the plant and he said it took a lot of damage. A lot of jobs out there. I think Trona Rd pretty messed up, too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
True lol. 

One of my brother-in-laws works at the plant and he said it took a lot of damage. A lot of jobs out there. I think Trona Rd pretty messed up, too.
The big crack in Trona road is filled and the road to Trona is sadly open. I wont be surprised if that ancient plant is nearly destroyed along with many facilities on base. Btw this town empties most weekends. No one wants to be here. 

The big crack in Trona road is filled and the road to Trona is sadly open. I wont be surprised if that ancient plant is nearly destroyed along with many facilities on base. Btw this town empties most weekends. No one wants to be here. 
Are the Trona Pineapples or whatever OK? 

An insurance adjuster caught a guy burning down his house. This has been a joke with my neighbors since the first one. Folks with eathquake insurance have damage, those without don't.

Users who are viewing this thread