What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Mid-Year Song Draft - Round 12 Tuesday (1 Viewer)

What exactly is a tropical #### storm? On this morning's shuffle, that one and the Modern Nature song stood out (I haven't made it through the full list yet). 
Eephus contributed a Drones song to a hoof mix, I wanna say 09 and that might have even been our first official group mix.  That tune was so good I still track this guy's music but never got into anything quite as much.  My favorite tracks so far by TFS are covers, "Stayin' Alive" and "Lose The Baby"

Sadly that Drones song is not on spotify though it might be up north :shrug:  

To answer your question, well, whatever it is it's very wet

What exactly is a tropical #### storm? On this morning's shuffle, that one and the Modern Nature song stood out (I haven't made it through the full list yet). 
I'm the guy drafted Shaggy in this a year or two ago. I'm actualized in a tropical #### storm. Bad Bunny was the most fun I had at Coachella and Maluma might make this draft. 

Long Ball Larry said:
Silversun Pickups was also very good on their comedy bang bang appearance, both in performing acoustically and participating the comedy.

https://www.earwolf.com/episode/treasure-hunting-with-silversun-pickups/
Funny, I don't get to listen to CBB anymore but when I saw this one on twitter I made sure to check it out.  Really liking the new record.. I think I said it in the other thread, I had kinda given up on them.

My recollection is this guy started out as an unashamed Billy Corgan wannabe, hence the vocal stylings

Loves from yesterday's train ride -- Gary Clark, who I've checked out before but thought he was kinda generic.. well it sure sounds like he has a voice now!

Kid Kapichi, topnotch track on first listen.  Frankly it feels like there are dozens of bands from the isles that sound like this, but I haven't gotten enough yet

That's just what was new to me and stood out, beyond that just a great mix.  Thanks all.  THAT why were here

Sorry for futzing up my pick! Didn’t hear it until after the album though I now see on Apple that there was a single released in late ‘18. It wasn’t included in either song draft last year but I can repick.

Funny, I don't get to listen to CBB anymore but when I saw this one on twitter I made sure to check it out.  Really liking the new record.. I think I said it in the other thread, I had kinda given up on them.

My recollection is this guy started out as an unashamed Billy Corgan wannabe, hence the vocal stylings

Loves from yesterday's train ride -- Gary Clark, who I've checked out before but thought he was kinda generic.. well it sure sounds like he has a voice now!

Kid Kapichi, topnotch track on first listen.  Frankly it feels like there are dozens of bands from the isles that sound like this, but I haven't gotten enough yet

That's just what was new to me and stood out, beyond that just a great mix.  Thanks all.  THAT why were here
very smart guy here...

I also have never been the biggest Gary Clark fan, even though he seemed like a bit of a darling for many, until this record.  And his version of Come Together is also awesome if you've never heard it.

although "don't get" to listen to CBB?  living in North Korea or just meaning not enough time.

(also totally in line with you on Kid Kapichi sounding similar to others, but still digging it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for futzing up my pick! Didn’t hear it until after the album though I now see on Apple that there was a single released in late ‘18. It wasn’t included in either song draft last year but I can repick.
no worries. i didn't know the rules. you're good. 

although "don't get" to listen to CBB?  living in North Korea or just meaning not enough time.
just haven't had time for podcasts lately.  Trying to learn a new career .. have already lost my grip on fantasy sports and barely hanging onto the current music scene, for that I'm lucky to have some select twitters and you lot :thumbup:

oh wow- I'm not a hip-hop guy really, but I have a different little simz tune in my short-list playlist for this. she's british right? something about the way they've taken the genre that works better for me.
Yeah she is, I don’t always like the British hip hop but her album was smooth 

3.ee - Bruce Springsteen - Moonlight Motel

Like a lot of old people, I hold The Boss in special regard.  His late career albums are usually a mixed bag and Western Stars is no exception.  Moonlight Motel is the last track on the record and was worth the wait.  It's one of those classics of short fiction Springsteen built his career on.

oh wow- I'm not a hip-hop guy really, but I have a different little simz tune in my short-list playlist for this. she's british right? something about the way they've taken the genre that works better for me.
Yeah she is, I don’t always like the British hip hop but her album was smooth 
UK hip hop is another mixed bag (I got the bags on a 2 for 1 sale). I thought Stormzy's headlining set at Glastonbury was putrid but my daughter loved it.

I had a different Little Simz song on my long list.

The first song on the album.  I'm a sucker for old school beats.
Pretty fat beat on that one and Simz killz

You can talk bad all day long I will never be impressed
Dunno what I did to make you feel that you be earnin' my respect

Had never heard of these guys until a few months back.  I saw a FB post from a friend who works for the local university saying the student union was having them come to play at the end-of-the-year celebration.  I know from these previous concerts that the student union is pretty good at getting up-and-coming acts before they hit it big so I gave the album a listen.  I'll admit my first impression was it was too theatrical and silly, but it was also very catchy.  So much so that I found myself humming some of the songs after only one listen.  This is another album with a bunch of good songs which makes it difficult to pick just one so I'm going with the first one I took a hankering to.   Without further adieu...

4.xx - The Entertainment's Here by AJR

J

Users who are viewing this thread