What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Jesus Rolls _ Big Lebowski spinoff (1 Viewer)

What's this day of rest ####? What's this bull####? I don't ####in' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the ####s in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have ####ed you in the ### Saturday. I #### you in the ### next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!

“It feels like a good time to release a transgressive film about the stupidity of men who try and fail and try better to understand and penetrate the mystery of women,” said Turturro. “I look forward to working with Screen Media and bringing our work and the character of the Jesus to American audiences.”

Hoo boy. We need another one of these? 

No Coen involvement from what I see. 

acting as both a remake of the 1974 French film Going Places by Bertrand Blier, and a spin-off to the 1998 cult film The Big Lebowski by the Coen brothers, from which Turturro reprises his role as Jesus Quintana.

Like the original Going Places, it follows a trio of sexually depraved misfits, played by Turturro, Bobby Cannavale and Audrey Tautou.

I still haven't seen The Big Lebowski....and I like bowling, Turturro, and Bridges.

What am I doing with my life?

acting as both a remake of the 1974 French film Going Places by Bertrand Blier, and a spin-off to the 1998 cult film The Big Lebowski by the Coen brothers, from which Turturro reprises his role as Jesus Quintana.

Like the original Going Places, it follows a trio of sexually depraved misfits, played by Turturro, Bobby Cannavale and Audrey Tautou.
Huh. Ebert on Going Places: "Despite its occasional charm, its several amusing moments and the touching scenes played by Jeanne Moreau, Going Places is a film of truly cynical decadence. It's also, not incidentally, the most misogynistic movie I can remember; its hatred of women is palpable and embarrassing. ... I came away from Going Places feeling that I'd spent two hours in the company of a filmmaker I would never want to meet."

I wonder how they will remake this in today's environment.

If they do it right this could be a classic. 

I'm not sure they have enough Producers/Executive Producers for it though.

What's this day of rest ####? What's this bull####? I don't ####in' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the ####s in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have ####ed you in the ### Saturday. I #### you in the ### next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!
You try any of that stuff with me?!  You pull your piece out on the lanes... I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ###, and pull the ####### trigger until it goes click.

Jesus...

You said it man, nobody ##### with the Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread