What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do adults do that make you disrespect them? (1 Viewer)

Gary Coal Man

Footballguy
What, if anything, do adults do that make you disrespect them?

Examples:

- Do drugs

- Not hold a job

- Not have their finances in order

- The way they talk

- The way they dress

- What they believe

- They’re demeanor

- Too much or too little candor

- Their physical appearance

- Whether they start too many FFA threads

What?

• Spread negativity
  • Constant complaining
  • Think everyone cares about their opinions and feels the need to interject them everywhere
  • Constantly yelling at their kids as a form of parenting. 

men w shoe collections (though women are not far behind). i'm an old commie who hates the kind of extravagances which humans shouldnt be indulging when 40,000 die each day from the simple inability to sustain life, and hot kicks (since their making is also exploitive) immediately disqualify a person from my regard

Several in here I agree with but most of them are ones that I would only disrespect the person if I saw them do it repeatedly.  If we are talking a point in time my list would be:

• Smoking/Most Drugs
  • Hitting a woman/child

• Spread negativity
  • Constant complaining
  • Think everyone cares about their opinions and feels the need to interject them everywhere
  • Constantly yelling at their kids as a form of parenting. 
Your top three above points above are all right near the top of my list of things that make me disrespect an adult, but your last point I’m unfortunately way too guilty of.  

men w shoe collections (though women are not far behind). i'm an old commie who hates the kind of extravagances which humans shouldnt be indulging when 40,000 die each day from the simple inability to sustain life, and hot kicks (since their making is also exploitive) immediately disqualify a person from my regard
Confirmed that wikkidpissah is not a brotha.

1. People who talk on their cell phones at bars.  Go outside.  Nobody wants to hear your conversation.
  2. People (usually men, but not always) that suck their fingers off when they are eating wings.  Stop doing that.  It's gross and it makes a nasty noise.
  3. Grown men with bumper stickers of Calvin peeing on something.  I immediately assume your education stopped at 11th grade, best case scenario.
  4. People - usually in Costco - who just meander slowly with their carts or stop their carts in the middle of the aisle.  Get your chit and move.  Stop taking every sample offered too.  It disrupts the flow of traffic.
  5. I'll have more.

Or the opposite, get into fights with the kid's little league ump.
I used to do a lot of coaching, and didn't pay attention to what the parents in the stands were saying as I was focused on the kids and the game.  Now that my boys are in high school and my coaching days are over, I've realized what idiots most parents.  Parents who ride refs/umps during games that mean essentially nothing, is the biggest tell tale sign of an idiot.  Was at my kids game a couple of days ago, and the ump called a balk on our pitcher (I was talking to the dad next to me at the time, so I didn't see if it was or not).  Our coach stormed out of the dugout arguing, lost, and stormed back to the dugout.  As the ump starts to put his mask back on to get the game going again, a dad from the stands yells at the top of his lungs "learn the rules ump!"  The up stopped putting his mask back on, turned to look in his direction, gave him a "what kind of idiot are you look" and proceeded with the game.

Stuff like this lets the world know how big of an idiot you are.

Confirmed that wikkidpissah is not a brotha.
i'm an irish/indian - i dont wanna drink, i have to.

my best pal would regularly make note when i was a younger man that, while i hung w brothas more than most white people (b-ball @ Kirtland AFB was my workout), they would be wanting to mess me up far more often than my other friends. i would say that working my mouth w heedless disrespect over my teammates more candyass fetishes was behind that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. People who talk on their cell phones at bars.  Go outside.  Nobody wants to hear your conversation.
  2. People (usually men, but not always) that suck their fingers off when they are eating wings.  Stop doing that.  It's gross and it makes a nasty noise.
  3. Grown men with bumper stickers of Calvin peeing on something.  I immediately assume your education stopped at 11th grade, best case scenario.
  4. People - usually in Costco - who just meander slowly with their carts or stop their carts in the middle of the aisle.  Get your chit and move.  Stop taking every sample offered too.  It disrupts the flow of traffic.
  5. I'll have more.
Similarly,  people who walk without looking where they are going.   Do you think you have some sort of superpower that allows you to navigate a crowd while looking over your shoulder in another direction?   Seems to happen a lot at costco and at airports.

This made me think of how I handle shoes. I have my current pair. Wear it till they start to degrade. Then they become my yard work pair. The old yard work pair gets tossed at that point. I have no more than 2 pairs of sneakers at a time. And a pair of dress shoes for when I go to work. 

2. People - usually in Costco - who just meander slowly with their carts or stop their carts in the middle of the aisle.  Get your chit and move.  Stop taking every sample offered too.  It disrupts the flow of traffic.
Mine is just a general lack of consideration for other people, particularly in public spaces. Manifests itself in a lot of forms, but these are two good examples. 

1. People who talk on their cell phones at bars.  Go outside.  Nobody wants to hear your conversation
Cell phones, in general, generate a lot of issues.

I've noted this in the Pet Peeves thread, but watching videos on your phone with the sound up in public places... I mean come on.  Really?

people who neglect or mistreat animals in any way.

probably that and the one posted above about being removed from your kids' lives.

those are probably the only 2 that are way up there for me.  Most other stuff doesn't get to me that much, even if I might disagree.

Besides some of the one's mentioned, people that have opinions about how I should live my life.   You happy with how you're living your life?  Cool.   I'm happy with how I'm living my life.   Let's just leave it at that.   

That's a pretty hypocritical stance.  By taking this stance it means either you think a) your opinions matter more than everyone or b) you don't spend any money at all on indulgences and give every spare penny to charity.  Seeing earlier, it appears you drink.  I don't drink (much) so should I hold you in some contempt for daring to buy alcohol when there are starving people in the world?  Just drink water. :shrug:

And when you think of it, it's the stupidest piece of clothing to go fancy with. On the ground with all the filth, getting dirty as soon as you wear them once.

Cell phones, in general, generate a lot of issues.

I've noted this in the Pet Peeves thread, but watching videos on your phone with the sound up in public places... I mean come on.  Really?
Plus headphones are cheap and it will always sound better than that tinny little speaker in most cell phones. Like you said nobody wants to hear that crappy noise.

That's a pretty hypocritical stance.  By taking this stance it means either you think a) your opinions matter more than everyone or b) you don't spend any money at all on indulgences and give every spare penny to charity.  Seeing earlier, it appears you drink.  I don't drink (much) so should I hold you in some contempt for daring to buy alcohol when there are starving people in the world?  Just drink water. :shrug:
didn't say it was right or wrong - only that it disqualifies one from my regard. that's my extravagance - profiling every frikkin human being right down to the short & curlies. i need a drink....

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the person, depends on the thing. It's really relative to me. 
Yep - I don't judge until you give me a reason to judge. I assume most people don't have good intentions, but it's not going to influence what I think about you until you actually show your hand. Everyone has battles they're fighting every day and I'm aware of between 0 and 1% percent of them. Like anyone I #### up from time to time, but I am constantly making an effort to minimize the number of those #### ups.

Parents who yell at their kids and punish them for stupid stuff.

I'm not a parent myself, so I guess I can't judge too much. But when I see kids shaking and freezing up from the repeated bullying -- and it's just the same as bullying, IMO -- then that person is out of my life. Done. Bye bye.

Users who are viewing this thread