What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need help with keepers? (1 Viewer)

Disposable Hero

Footballguy
This is a 12 team keeper/salary cap league. 1/2 point ppr. We protect players based on salary cap. We can protect as many players as we can for 10.5 million. Salaries are in brackets. Right now I am looking at OBJ(3.77), Ertz(2.47), Michel(2.0), and Edelman(1.93). I also have DJ(4.86) but would be looking at him, OBJ, and the Bears D(only other option that would fit under 10.5 mil). My other option would be to trade Ertz in a deal to get Zeke but would be in the same boat as DJ. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if knowing your salary cap as a whole would be useful for tackling this one.  Beckham is a lock either way, sure.  As I read this, you say you could keep David Johnson/Bears or Ertz/Michel/Edelman?  If I did the math right, couldn't you also keep Beckham, Johnson and Edelman, at 10.56M?  And, Beckham/Zeke/Bears sounds like the best combo of any of these, so if you can make the trade, I would do it.

Not sure if knowing your salary cap as a whole would be useful for tackling this one.  Beckham is a lock either way, sure.  As I read this, you say you could keep David Johnson/Bears or Ertz/Michel/Edelman?  If I did the math right, couldn't you also keep Beckham, Johnson and Edelman, at 10.56M?  And, Beckham/Zeke/Bears sounds like the best combo of any of these, so if you can make the trade, I would do it.
Sorry it was 10.5, I had a typo in one spot. Thanks for the reply.

full disclaimer, I've never played in a salary cap league.  but it seems like pretty good value with your first option, your getting a Tier 1 WR & TE with obj/ertz, and  assuming edleman and michel can stay relatively healthy, they're in the # 2/3  conversation for they're positions.  

Since there is no way to keep DJ, Ertz, and OBJ.   I would keep OBJ for sure but could be talked into pairing him with DJ.  I don't really like Edelmen or Michel so not a big deal to miss out on them (unless there is some big advantage to keeping more players over quality players).

Users who are viewing this thread