Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Nipsey

If you were ringside for the Disneyland fight would you have stepped in and tried to break it up?

Disneyland fight  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Avoid unless a kid is apparently in danger.

• Like 1

I screwed up the 2nd question on the poll and fixed it. You may have to change your answer if you've already voted.

It’s dangerous to intervene in an intra-family fight because as quickly as they began to fight each other they can unify to attack the outsider who is trying to interfere.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Avoid unless a kid is apparently in danger.

+1

• Like 1

solid rent-a-cops there

Im a 5 foot nothing hobbit. Nothing good will come from me being knocked out and them continuing to hit women. 

It would be like the bagel store dude that got hammered today 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 3

I'd be like the security guy who comes in and the end and says the whitest thing ever, "Hey, do me a favor - Calm down." 

I'm pretty sure that ended it right there.

• Laughing 2

have done it before. never goes as planned, but I would feel pretty guilty if a kid gets whacked hard and I don't step in to slow it down the guy/girl thing can get even trickier, but when it is a kid, sure I would hop in.

As a rule I don’t interfere in other people’s business but I wouldn’t be able to watch a kid getting hit. That dude was pretty big though. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Im a 5 foot nothing hobbit. Nothing good will come from me being knocked out and them continuing to hit women. 

It would be like the bagel store dude that got hammered today 

i might've tried dropping into my kendo stance.  that may have diffused the situation.

I generally stay out of it.  Once watched some dudes fight on the subway right next to me.  I just kind of stood there. The dude with the big mouth got his ### handed to him and ended up bloody and on the floor, so a good result.  But I'm with Cappy, if it were a kid or woman taking a beating, I'd step in.  The dangerous part in that caveat is I'm not about to interfere in someone disciplining their child, whether I agree with it or not, so if it's just a regular spanking that's different.  But any true attack on a kid or woman, not cool, I'd probably step in.

• Like 2

20 years ago, I’d get physically involved as soon as a woman or child appeared to be in danger. Today? No chance. I’d call security or 911 if the situation called for it, that’s about it. I certainly wouldn’t stand around recording it with my phone though. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Coal Man said:

It’s dangerous to intervene in an intra-family fight because as quickly as they began to fight each other they can unify to attack the outsider who is trying to interfere.

I heard that cops absolutely hate being called to these things for that very reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nipsey said:

We've all seen the altercation that took place at Disneyland over the weekend. Curious if you were near that family when they started brawling if you would have stepped in.

What the hell is that Disney character at the 3:21 mark that comes sauntering in, Sheriff Drag Duck? :lmao:

• Like 3
  • Laughing 3

11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

What the hell is that Disney character at the 3:21 mark that comes sauntering in, Sheriff Drag Duck? :lmao:

Is that the guy zipping up his pants because he just got off the John? I almost died when shuke pointed that out. :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Is that the guy zipping up his pants because he just got off the John? I almost died when shuke pointed that out. :lmao: 

Think he is repositioning a woody.  The big gal down got him worked up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Capella said:

That's going to come back and bite him next time he's asking for a raise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modogg said:

have done it before. never goes as planned, but I would feel pretty guilty if a kid gets whacked hard and I don't step in to slow it down the guy/girl thing can get even trickier, but when it is a kid, sure I would hop in.

I tried to be the peacemaker in a bar fight years ago..ended up getting sucker punched in the back of the head by a friend of the guy I was holding back. Then my buddy blasts the guy who hit me and it was chaos and we were all fighting.  Never again.

• Like 1

Just now, OrtonToOlsen said:

My favorite comment

”Where are his parents?”

:lol:  Reddit comments are pure gold.    Some really funny people out there living in their parent's basement.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

My favorite comment

”Where are his parents?”

My favorite

Youre not god, or my father

Or my boss

• Laughing 3

Hard to say what I would do in the heat of the moment but most likely I am not intervening unless it appears to be a life or death situation for someone 

I broke up a public fight between a couple of teenagers once.  I was in my 20's then.

I'd probably still attempt it now if a child or woman was actively being struck.

I’ve jumped into far too many fights to pull a buddy out. I’ve jumped in a few situations where a woman was being attacked. Those were, by and large, when I was a much younger man. Nowadays, having crossed into my 40s.... ehhh

In this case, as soon as You saw him smack his own woman down and she gets up apologizing to him, you know she was attacking you if you tried to help her. 

Though after seeing the two dudes square off clearly not knowing how to actually fight and clearly not wanting any part of each other.... I think just about anyone could have popped this dude once and he would have gone down or taken off. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Hard to say what I would do in the heat of the moment but most likely I am not intervening unless it appears to be a life or death situation for someone 

This as well as an even fight.

I am over 50 and probably weigh less than that guys right leg.  Outside of getting myself killed there is absolutely nothing I could do alone with my bare hands

If a bunch of people jumped in, I guess I would help by ankle biting or something......

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Oh my god that is so awesome.  Does anyone know what set him off?  I am small but he is really tiny :)

My favorite is the chick at the end who says "I just wanted bagels" :lmao:

2 hours ago, Otis said:

I generally stay out of it.  Once watched some dudes fight on the subway right next to me.  I just kind of stood there. The dude with the big mouth got his ### handed to him and ended up bloody and on the floor, so a good result.  But I'm with Cappy, if it were a kid or woman taking a beating, I'd step in.  The dangerous part in that caveat is I'm not about to interfere in someone disciplining their child, whether I agree with it or not, so if it's just a regular spanking that's different.  But any true attack on a kid or woman, not cool, I'd probably step in.

This exactly 

17 minutes ago, [icon] said:

I’ve jumped into far too many fights to pull a buddy out. I’ve jumped in a few situations where a woman was being attacked. Those were, by and large, when I was a much younger man. Nowadays, having crossed into my 40s.... ehhh

In this case, as soon as You saw him smack his own woman down and she gets up apologizing to him, you know she was attacking you if you tried to help her. 

Though after seeing the two dudes square off clearly not knowing how to actually fight and clearly not wanting any part of each other.... I think just about anyone could have popped this dude once and he would have gone down or taken off. 

That's kinda my thinking on this one. Normally I'd stay out of it, the bystander effect is strong, but I'm not sure on this one. I really wish the dude who choked him out would have stuck around and popped him after he got up to act tough. 

I'd stay out of it until women or children are threatened...or if it were a really lopsided, unfair fight as well.  I would try to avoid physical involvement and instead try to de-escalate the situation if possible.  Depending on the situation, that may not be very effective, though.

Nope.  I'm not risking myself or my family getting shot, stabbed, or whatever while I'm on vacation.  I'd go get help instead of standing there watching though but I'm not getting in the middle of a bunch of clowns beating each other in an amusement park

2 hours ago, Otis said:

I saw a guy spanking the #### out of his child two years ago and I screamed at him that that was enough and he told me to mind my own ####### business...but he stopped. At least there. 

I have a kid now though and every psycho in this god forsaken state has a gun and should probably be on some watchlist so I’ll never do that again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I see a kid being hurt (or about to be hurt), I'm getting involved. Otherwise, I'm out. Especially if the fight is between trashy family members.

I should have mentioned that I think every woman in the video, outside of the Neymar imitating grandma, would likely take me in a fight much less the psycho dude.

• Laughing 1

I have broken up a couple altercations in my life.  One involved a man getting physical with a woman, and the other was a man that had already knocked out the guy he was fighting and kept hitting him while he was down.  The second one I may have gotten knocked out myself if it weren't for someone else jumping in to help.  I'm not opposed to breaking up people fighting, but now that I have kids I'm far less likely to involve myself.

As for this Disneyland situation, the only reason I'd be at Disneyland is to take my kids, so there is zero chance I'm doing anything other than shielding my kids to get them out of there.