What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were ringside for the Disneyland fight would you have stepped in and tried to break it up? (1 Viewer)

At what point would you get involved in a public altercation between people you don't know?

• As soon as it starts

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • As soon as a child looks to be in danger

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • As soon as a child is struck

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • As soon as a woman is struck

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Never

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 14 8.1%

• Total voters
I screwed up the 2nd question on the poll and fixed it. You may have to change your answer if you've already voted.

I'd be like the security guy who comes in and the end and says the whitest thing ever, "Hey, do me a favor - Calm down." 

I'm pretty sure that ended it right there.

have done it before. never goes as planned, but I would feel pretty guilty if a kid gets whacked hard and I don't step in to slow it down the guy/girl thing can get even trickier, but when it is a kid, sure I would hop in.

If I can carefully hand my video recording phone to my wife or kid I would.  Two men, meh.  Man hitting a woman or a kid they are getting speared to the ground.

Im a 5 foot nothing hobbit. Nothing good will come from me being knocked out and them continuing to hit women. 

It would be like the bagel store dude that got hammered today 
i might've tried dropping into my kendo stance.  that may have diffused the situation.

I generally stay out of it.  Once watched some dudes fight on the subway right next to me.  I just kind of stood there. The dude with the big mouth got his ### handed to him and ended up bloody and on the floor, so a good result.  But I'm with Cappy, if it were a kid or woman taking a beating, I'd step in.  The dangerous part in that caveat is I'm not about to interfere in someone disciplining their child, whether I agree with it or not, so if it's just a regular spanking that's different.  But any true attack on a kid or woman, not cool, I'd probably step in.

20 years ago, I’d get physically involved as soon as a woman or child appeared to be in danger. Today? No chance. I’d call security or 911 if the situation called for it, that’s about it. I certainly wouldn’t stand around recording it with my phone though. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. 

have done it before. never goes as planned, but I would feel pretty guilty if a kid gets whacked hard and I don't step in to slow it down the guy/girl thing can get even trickier, but when it is a kid, sure I would hop in.
I tried to be the peacemaker in a bar fight years ago..ended up getting sucker punched in the back of the head by a friend of the guy I was holding back. Then my buddy blasts the guy who hit me and it was chaos and we were all fighting.  Never again.

Hard to say what I would do in the heat of the moment but most likely I am not intervening unless it appears to be a life or death situation for someone 

I broke up a public fight between a couple of teenagers once.  I was in my 20's then.

I'd probably still attempt it now if a child or woman was actively being struck.

I’ve jumped into far too many fights to pull a buddy out. I’ve jumped in a few situations where a woman was being attacked. Those were, by and large, when I was a much younger man. Nowadays, having crossed into my 40s.... ehhh

In this case, as soon as You saw him smack his own woman down and she gets up apologizing to him, you know she was attacking you if you tried to help her. 

Though after seeing the two dudes square off clearly not knowing how to actually fight and clearly not wanting any part of each other.... I think just about anyone could have popped this dude once and he would have gone down or taken off. 

I am over 50 and probably weigh less than that guys right leg.  Outside of getting myself killed there is absolutely nothing I could do alone with my bare hands

If a bunch of people jumped in, I guess I would help by ankle biting or something......

I generally stay out of it.  Once watched some dudes fight on the subway right next to me.  I just kind of stood there. The dude with the big mouth got his ### handed to him and ended up bloody and on the floor, so a good result.  But I'm with Cappy, if it were a kid or woman taking a beating, I'd step in.  The dangerous part in that caveat is I'm not about to interfere in someone disciplining their child, whether I agree with it or not, so if it's just a regular spanking that's different.  But any true attack on a kid or woman, not cool, I'd probably step in.
This exactly 

I’ve jumped into far too many fights to pull a buddy out. I’ve jumped in a few situations where a woman was being attacked. Those were, by and large, when I was a much younger man. Nowadays, having crossed into my 40s.... ehhh

In this case, as soon as You saw him smack his own woman down and she gets up apologizing to him, you know she was attacking you if you tried to help her. 

Though after seeing the two dudes square off clearly not knowing how to actually fight and clearly not wanting any part of each other.... I think just about anyone could have popped this dude once and he would have gone down or taken off. 
That's kinda my thinking on this one. Normally I'd stay out of it, the bystander effect is strong, but I'm not sure on this one. I really wish the dude who choked him out would have stuck around and popped him after he got up to act tough. 

I'd stay out of it until women or children are threatened...or if it were a really lopsided, unfair fight as well.  I would try to avoid physical involvement and instead try to de-escalate the situation if possible.  Depending on the situation, that may not be very effective, though.

Nope.  I'm not risking myself or my family getting shot, stabbed, or whatever while I'm on vacation.  I'd go get help instead of standing there watching though but I'm not getting in the middle of a bunch of clowns beating each other in an amusement park

I saw a guy spanking the #### out of his child two years ago and I screamed at him that that was enough and he told me to mind my own ####### business...but he stopped. At least there. 

I have a kid now though and every psycho in this god forsaken state has a gun and should probably be on some watchlist so I’ll never do that again. 

If I see a kid being hurt (or about to be hurt), I'm getting involved. Otherwise, I'm out. Especially if the fight is between trashy family members.

I should have mentioned that I think every woman in the video, outside of the Neymar imitating grandma, would likely take me in a fight much less the psycho dude.

Users who are viewing this thread