What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were ringside for the Disneyland fight would you have stepped in and tried to break it up? (1 Viewer)

At what point would you get involved in a public altercation between people you don't know?

• As soon as it starts

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • As soon as a child looks to be in danger

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • As soon as a child is struck

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • As soon as a woman is struck

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Never

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 14 8.1%

• Total voters
It’s dangerous to intervene in an intra-family fight because as quickly as they began to fight each other they can unify to attack the outsider who is trying to interfere.
I don’t disagree but how would you know they are family?

My vote was as soon as I thought the kid was in danger.  

I just don't know about this one. Granted, I spent too much of my college years smoking weed and watching daytime TV instead of going to class, but this has a Springer-esque vibe to me.

:lmao:

A remake of the Neymar meme with the grandma falling out of a Rascal would be fantastic.
That would be glorious, especially if she goes down so slowly like in this video

========

As an aside, I am glad Frodo showed up in this thread.  He is the only adult in these videos I might have a chance at :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel bad for that manlet. I’m 6’. I can imagine how difficult it would be being that short.  Makes it tough to get the P I’m sure. Plus he was bald and fat. 
Bald, fat, super short, angry, and combative.  Never a good mix.  

I don't feel bad for people like that. 

I tend to have more sympathy when some one looks like they are making the best of the D&D dice roll stats we get at birth.  This guy clearly has some deep seated issues that probably required some counseling.

I have two woman who come into the library every night.  They clearly got low rolls at birth.  One is happy, smiling and polite and is fun to talk to.  The other is always angry and grumpy.

One time I was leaving a neighborhood bar in Jax Bch around '92, it was last call around 1:45. When I walked out to my truck there was a guy much bigger than me slapping around his girlfriend in the parking lot. I went to my truck and grabbed my 34" Louisville Slugger and went in between them with it held high and told him if he touched her again I was swinging for the fences. In the meantime I was yelling to a crowd that had gathered to call 911. He backed down and left but I was ready to smack him.

If I can carefully hand my video recording phone to my wife or kid I would.  Two men, meh.  Man hitting a woman or a kid they are getting speared to the ground.

I generally stay out of it.  Once watched some dudes fight on the subway right next to me.  I just kind of stood there. The dude with the big mouth got his ### handed to him and ended up bloody and on the floor, so a good result.  But I'm with Cappy, if it were a kid or woman taking a beating, I'd step in.  The dangerous part in that caveat is I'm not about to interfere in someone disciplining their child, whether I agree with it or not, so if it's just a regular spanking that's different.  But any true attack on a kid or woman, not cool, I'd probably step in.

20 years ago, I’d get physically involved as soon as a woman or child appeared to be in danger. Today? No chance. I’d call security or 911 if the situation called for it, that’s about it. I certainly wouldn’t stand around recording it with my phone though. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. 

I broke up a public fight between a couple of teenagers once.  I was in my 20's then.

I'd probably still attempt it now if a child or woman was actively being struck.

I'd stay out of it until women or children are threatened...or if it were a really lopsided, unfair fight as well.  I would try to avoid physical involvement and instead try to de-escalate the situation if possible.  Depending on the situation, that may not be very effective, though.

I'd have done something for sure once a woman was hit.

This has been a reasonable heuristic for centuries, but I think it may be time to reprogram ourselves. The correct answer, in my estimation, is that anybody (regardless of gender) who is being overpowered and/or is unwilling to fight deserves to be rescued, and anybody (regardless of gender) who can hold their own or is instigating can look after themselves. I'm going to trust that this is the actual sentiment being conveyed by all of the fine quoted individuals.

I also think that in a situation where somebody needs to be rescued, a bad decision is to just whip out your phone and start recording the situation.

Feel bad for that manlet. I’m 6’. I can imagine how difficult it would be being that short.  Makes it tough to get the P I’m sure. Plus he was bald and fat. 
I'm 6'4" so I'm on the other end of the spectrum where I'm approaching awkward height.   I somewhat feel his pain.

LOL no you don't. There is no way being 6'4" is the a similar feeling to being 5'1" for a guy
Of course not but when it comes to dating at 6'4" the pool is reduced somewhat.   50% of women are 5'3" and below.   I don't feel awkward b/c I am the short one but its a little awkward that height disparity.   

Of course not but when it comes to dating at 6'4" the pool is reduced somewhat.   50% of women are 5'3" and below.   I don't feel awkward b/c I am the short one but its a little awkward that height disparity.   
I am sure it could be awkward but you also are taller than pretty much every woman so pretty much every woman could you see you as a possible mate, you can intimidate most men, have a big advantage for most sports, etc. It's the total opposite of being 5'1" or however tall that guy was. 

It would depend on the fight.

But THAT fight? I'm immediately making a 180 and briskly walking away.

A) That's a pretty big guy

B) If you're willing to get in a knockdown drag-out brawl with a woman at freaking Disney world with multiple children and your rascal-bound elderly mother in the vicinity, you're a guy with absolutely nothing to lose. You're also probably a guy that wouldn't hesitate to throw a lawsuit my way if I was caught on tape choking you out. (not that you'd win, but who needs the aggravation)

I'm not a small guy and I dont think I'm a coward. But I have absolutely no fighting skills and the risk of getting cold cocked (or worse, if he's got a weapon) is way too high for me to step into something like that. Too volatile a situation and that's what security is for.

I am sure it could be awkward but you also are taller than pretty much every woman so pretty much every woman could you see you as a possible mate, you can intimidate most men, have a big advantage for most sports, etc. It's the total opposite of being 5'1" or however tall that guy was. 
Pump the breaks.  I was just talking about dating which is what the guy was so upset about in the first place.    

This has been a reasonable heuristic for centuries, but I think it may be time to reprogram ourselves. The correct answer, in my estimation, is that anybody (regardless of gender) who is being overpowered and/or is unwilling to fight deserves to be rescued, and anybody (regardless of gender) who can hold their own or is instigating can look after themselves. I'm going to trust that this is the actual sentiment being conveyed by all of the fine quoted individuals.

I also think that in a situation where somebody needs to be rescued, a bad decision is to just whip out your phone and start recording the situation.
Bold #1 - Well, I am old.

Bold #2 - Yes.  I did include this:  "or if it were a really lopsided, unfair fight as well".  But I like your overpowered...unwilling...hold their own description better.

The height disparity may be awkward, but at least they’ll date you.  99% of women 5’3” or below would rather date a 6’4” guy than a 5’1” guy.  

Super short guy is almost a near universal “no” for the ladies.

The height disparity may be awkward, but at least they’ll date you.  99% of women 5’3” or below would rather date a 6’4” guy than a 5’1” guy.  

sure and if that was there only two choices, I wouldn't have posted in the first place.   but there's a lot of women, even above 5'3" that don't want to or at the very least prefer not to date a guy significantly taller then them.  I know this from looking at  a lot of online dating profiles over the past year where you list the height range you're looking for.   That's why I said I somewhat know how he feels b/c I'd say conservatively 50% of women prefer not to date a guy my size. 

If I can carefully hand my video recording phone to my wife or kid I would.  Two men, meh.  Man hitting a woman or a kid they are getting speared to the ground.

I generally stay out of it.  Once watched some dudes fight on the subway right next to me.  I just kind of stood there. The dude with the big mouth got his ### handed to him and ended up bloody and on the floor, so a good result.  But I'm with Cappy, if it were a kid or woman taking a beating, I'd step in.  The dangerous part in that caveat is I'm not about to interfere in someone disciplining their child, whether I agree with it or not, so if it's just a regular spanking that's different.  But any true attack on a kid or woman, not cool, I'd probably step in.

20 years ago, I’d get physically involved as soon as a woman or child appeared to be in danger. Today? No chance. I’d call security or 911 if the situation called for it, that’s about it. I certainly wouldn’t stand around recording it with my phone though. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. 

I broke up a public fight between a couple of teenagers once.  I was in my 20's then.

I'd probably still attempt it now if a child or woman was actively being struck.

I'd stay out of it until women or children are threatened...or if it were a really lopsided, unfair fight as well.  I would try to avoid physical involvement and instead try to de-escalate the situation if possible.  Depending on the situation, that may not be very effective, though.

I'd have done something for sure once a woman was hit.

Helluva drop-in, and well put.

I'll add, I've seen snails with better fight instincts than this dude. 

It would depend on the fight.

But THAT fight? I'm immediately making a 180 and briskly walking away.

A) That's a pretty big guy

B) If you're willing to get in a knockdown drag-out brawl with a woman at freaking Disney world with multiple children and your rascal-bound elderly mother in the vicinity, you're a guy with absolutely nothing to lose. You're also probably a guy that wouldn't hesitate to throw a lawsuit my way if I was caught on tape choking you out. (not that you'd win, but who needs the aggravation)

I'm not a small guy and I dont think I'm a coward. But I have absolutely no fighting skills and the risk of getting cold cocked (or worse, if he's got a weapon) is way too high for me to step into something like that. Too volatile a situation and that's what security is for.
This.

It would depend on the situation. Watching the Disney fight I would have done a 180 with my family and walked away. I would have looked for security as I left but I would have left. 

I do have some skills in the fight arena and I know how fast things can go bad. No reason to put myself or my family in danger for what I saw. 

The people filming is a whole other discussion.

He really is unique.  This is not a normal short 5'5" dude. 

I don't think I have ever seen a fully grown 5'0" guy before.

I wonder if it would have been better for this guy to have been actually smaller and then could have at least had some support in the little people community?  He is in a very very unique spot.

Helluva drop-in, and well put.

I'll add, I've seen snails with better fight instincts than this dude. 
I agree. I would feel confident going against that guy even though he looked much bigger then me but all it takes is one lucky haymaker connecting and I'm ####ed. There is no reason for me to take that risk. Has Disney said anything about the poor response by security? At a place like Disneyland there should have been some type of security there before you could even think about helping. 

Why shouldn’t they be filming?
I'm not asserting that they shouldn't be filming. I'm saying that we should have as refined an intuition about the appropriateness of filming as we have about the appropriateness of helping. For instance, if the consensus had been that the situation merited helping, the first people who should be scrutinized for not helping are the people who are filming.

Now, of course, as we've seen in this very thread, there are numerous people ill-suited for helping. So maybe the best role those people can play is to document the incident. And I certainly agree it's of value to have such incidents documented. But I also believe we should be putting an appropriate amount of social pressure into the zeitgeist to make sure that people first evaluate their ability or responsibility to help before they reach for the camera.

I'm not asserting that they shouldn't be filming. I'm saying that we should have as refined an intuition about the appropriateness of filming as we have about the appropriateness of helping. For instance, if the consensus had been that the situation merited helping, the first people who should be scrutinized for not helping are the people who are filming.

Now, of course, as we've seen in this very thread, there are numerous people ill-suited for helping. So maybe the best role those people can play is to document the incident. And I certainly agree it's of value to have such incidents documented. But I also believe we should be putting an appropriate amount of social pressure into the zeitgeist to make sure that people first evealuate their ability or responsibility to help before they reach for the camera.
Ok

There is no reason for me to take that risk. Has Disney said anything about the poor response by security? At a place like Disneyland there should have been some type of security there before you could even think about helping. 
THAT was the oddest thing about the video.  No response at all.

Does anyone know what set him off? 
I listened closer to the very very beginning of the Frodo incident and it sounds like he may have started it.  One of the girls asks him why he degrades women which sets him off on his dating site rant.

So I assume there was some less the pleasant conversation before the chick turned on the camera.

I don’t get this shtick. Angry unstable people with guns not a problem in your part of the world? 
Was that shtick? "Ok" sounds like agreement or acceptance, but then I don't have a notebook on him. I'm not even sure if his username refers to Mary Kate or Ashley.

Was that shtick? "Ok" sounds like agreement or acceptance, but then I don't have a notebook on him. I'm not even sure if his username refers to Mary Kate or Ashley.
I took it as blowing me off. Might be wrong. 

I’ll look at somebody’s daughter in yoga pants all day long but I can’t see myself watching somebody’s daughter getting pummeled and me not getting involved. Or as others have pointed out, helping defenseless people of any ilk in that scenario. And maybe I’m less gung-ho same situation in a bad neighborhood after midnight but I’m not too worried about guns firing at Disney. Could happen, but so do plane crashes.

Users who are viewing this thread