What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Amy McGrath Thread (1 Viewer)

I've mentioned this before - not a good campaigner. I live in the district she ran for in 2018 and she was well out-campaigned by Andy Barr.

I don't expect her campaign to be any better for the senate.

Was wondering the same - she's definitely got the benefit of running against a super-villain.
Well, that's true.  McConnell is disliked in his own state, but it's a super-duper-Republican state in a presidential election year.  Kentucky was called for Trump approximately 15 seconds after the polls closed in 2016.  I don't see him losing.

I've mentioned this before - not a good campaigner. I live in the district she ran for in 2018 and she was well out-campaigned by Andy Barr.

Sounds like a great opportunity for Beto to drop his POTUS aspiration and turn political consultant... man's gotta eat

Well it was her first campaign so maybe she has learned some things.  If I remember correctly she beat the democrat backed by the DNC.....  then narrowly lost to Barr the incumbent 51-49.  My fist impression this time around is that she is smart enough to not run an anti Trump campaign in a state that Trump won by 30 points.  Its a tough needle to thread  being anti McConnell  and  Trump neutral but it appears that is the needle she is going to attempt to thread.  Ive volunteered to help in the campaign because McConnell is evil incarnate.  

She’s already screwed up.  Ooof
And how? How do you flip flop so many times on Kavanaugh? Even if you don't have an opinion, the decision on which stance to take is easy. GD, it. Incompetence.  :bag:

McConnell is scum and he needs to go, but it's not like they won't find someone else to do the exact same thing he's doing as Senate Majority Leader. 

And how? How do you flip flop so many times on Kavanaugh? Even if you don't have an opinion, the decision on which stance to take is easy. GD, it. Incompetence.  :bag:

McConnell is scum and he needs to go, but it's not like they won't find someone else to do the exact same thing he's doing as Senate Majority Leader. 
This is unexcellent.

Besides the point.

@Joe Bryant doesn't want this sort of thing.
https://www.gq.com/story/mitch-mcconnell-is-evil

Would traitor have been better? They seem equitable to me.

This brings us to Mitch McConnell. I am not being hyperbolic when I say that Mitch McConnell is evil. The coming Trump Presidency is already an assembly line of ####ty, apocalyptic consequences getting cranked out 24/7, and the fact that McConnell now holds near-total power over Congress is perhaps the most unbearable side effect of them all. Here is a man who made it his solemn oath to thwart a President who was elected fair and square—and by an actually huge, not-bull####-Trump-YUGE, margin—and who then spent eight ####### years doing exactly that. McConnell is a man who hijacked a Supreme Court vacancy and, barring some last-minute shenanigans that President Obama is probably (and unfortunately) too polite to pull, he will get away with it.

Now we find out that McConnell is basically a traitor. In the wake of an unprecedented breach in American cybersecurity, what did this guy do? He threatened the President that he would publicly discredit the (solid, non-partisan) intelligence just to #### him, along with the American people. It worked, of course. Oh, and now McConnell's old lady has a Cabinet post. This man has no morals, nor any respect for the rule of law, nor any respect for those who would defy him. For his own personal gain, he permitted Russia to continue manipulating the November election so that his party's candidate could win—giving us a quivering mound of chili drippings for president. And God knows what kind of dirt Putin has on him.

This is treasonous behavior. There’s no more civilized way to put it. Mitch McConnell chose Russia over America. He should be prosecuted.

She is a corporate democrat Schumer hand picked stooge. She is going to run the typical blue dog almost a Republican campaign and lose. Ike told you 60 years ago when presented with a Republican and a almost Republican they pick the Republican. It's a long shot seat so do something different.  Run someone who will run a full throated populist attack from the left. At least then you excite Democrats and the people who usually sit out. And if you lose then maybe after those ideas percolate for a cycle they start to stick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, not happening.  Only person that could beat Mitch is Matt Jones.

She is a corporate democrat Schumer hand picked stooge. She is going to run the typical blue dog almost a Republican campaign and lose. Ike told you 60 years ago when presented with a Republican and a almost Republican they pick the Republican. It's a long shot seat so do something different.  Run someone who will run a full throated populist attack from the left. At least then you excite Democrats and the people who usually sit out. And if you lose then maybe after those ideas percolate for a cycle they start to stick.
corporate?  she was in the Marines for 20 years, got out, and ran for Congress.

NCCommish said:
Hand picked by Schumer. She took plenty of corporate money in her run for Congress no reason to believe she won't again.
i'm seeing about 90% of her campaign money from large and small individual contributions.

NCCommish said:
The goal is to win.  Which is more likely in a state that Trump won by THIRTY points.  I dont think the dems can win this one by putting up a far left candidate.  Im not sure they can win at all but  going after Trump/ McConnell  in Trump land is a losing strategy.  Its a different ballgame in a Trump +15  or less state.....either way its a long shot but she has the unique mix of woman/military/moderate message that just might win.  In this case with McConnel being the lowest rated senator in washington I dont think you need to go extreme left to get voter turnout  on the Dem side.  In general I get your point though....in this specific instance  I think she has a better chance than an extreme lefty.  

also I will say this....I expect turnout for this election will be the highest in forever.  If the stuff thats been happening in politics in Washington in the current  administration isnt enough to get people off their asses and into a voting booth....well  we get what we deserve then.  

also I will say this....I expect turnout for this election will be the highest in forever.  If the stuff thats been happening in politics in Washington in the current  administration isnt enough to get people off their asses and into a voting booth....well  we get what we deserve then.  
You would have thought that in 2018 - when the wave of women and suburban voters went Dem...and in a district that has been Dem 3 times since I moved here in 2006.  :shrug:

I get that there is a lot of hope riding on McGrath - I just think its false hope.  I certainly could be wrong, but nothing in her last campaign - to the bitter end - indicated that she knows how to campaign.  As I recall, she had a lot of money and national support in 2018 too.

So her strategy is to go on TV and say the only thing keeping Trump from enacting bold populist strategy is McConnell? Not that he just lied and didn't mean any of it as he has made abundantly clear with his words and actions? Its Mitch's fault. Why isn't she running as Trump Republican? This is ridiculous. My guess is that funding from small donors will shrink very quickly once they hear the words that are actually coming out of her mouth.

The goal is to win.  Which is more likely in a state that Trump won by THIRTY points.  I dont think the dems can win this one by putting up a far left candidate.  Im not sure they can win at all but  going after Trump/ McConnell  in Trump land is a losing strategy.  Its a different ballgame in a Trump +15  or less state.....either way its a long shot but she has the unique mix of woman/military/moderate message that just might win.  In this case with McConnel being the lowest rated senator in washington I dont think you need to go extreme left to get voter turnout  on the Dem side.  In general I get your point though....in this specific instance  I think she has a better chance than an extreme lefty.  
Putting another Manchin in office isn't winning.

Might want to look at her Congressional fund raising. 
enlighten me

edit: I’m honestly not trying to be a smartass.  You call her “corporate”, I’m not seeing it.  If I’m missing something I’d like to know.

“Kentucky’s Amy Mcgrath canceled her appearance on MSNBC tonight at the last minute after a rough campaign launch this week w/ her flip-flopping on Kavanaugh”

:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread