What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The other side of the coin: Trump's failures/bad moves in the eyes of those who generally support his policies and approach (1 Viewer)

pecorino

Footballguy
As I mentioned in the "silver lining" thread, I think it is helpful for people who ordinarily oppose Trump to identify his successes/good moves. That is a fine thread. The flip-side, of course, is for Trump supporters to identify moves that they feel were not done well by our President. I know there are not a lot of Trump supporters here, but I thought it could help bridge the divide if they had a clear opportunity to share what they perceive as Trump's missteps. I'll hang up and listen.

I wont go so far as to call myself a Trump supporter, I think I am in the camp of the far left democrats are downright horrifying.

Trump is an embarrassment as a world leader.  Calling people losers publicly like he does, almost anytime someone goes against him is just disgusting.   I sincerely wish he would quit that, but I also know that's not likely.  It sucks

I'm not a Trump supporter, but maybe I could help move this thread along - how about all the racist stuff he says and does? Maybe that's a good place to start?

I'm not a Trump supporter, but maybe I could help move this thread along - how about all the racist stuff he says and does? Maybe that's a good place to start?
This thread is for Trump supporters to express concerns they have, if any, about things Trump says or does. Thanks for your interest, though.

The older I get the more right leaning I seem to find myself.  I do think in part the radical left is pushing a good chunk of Americans more and more right.  That is a convo for other threads.

Trump said a lot of dumb things on the campaign trail and I never thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall, but he does come off delusional whenever the wall talk comes up.

I really wish someone would take Twitter away from him.  He comes off (is) unstable at times. 

I wish he condemned the alt right at Charlottesville.

While I do still like that he isn't a career politician, he really lacks polish and it shows. 

The older I get the more right leaning I seem to find myself.  I do think in part the radical left is pushing a good chunk of Americans more and more right.  That is a convo for other threads.

Trump said a lot of dumb things on the campaign trail and I never thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall, but he does come off delusional whenever the wall talk comes up.

I really wish someone would take Twitter away from him.  He comes off (is) unstable at times. 

I wish he condemned the alt right at Charlottesville.

While I do still like that he isn't a career politician, he really lacks polish and it shows. 
Thanks for this. Appreciate your candor. Must’ve been a quiet week as it appears our President hasn’t done or said anything too controversial for a while. That’s wonderful. 

Must’ve been a quiet week as it appears our President hasn’t done or said anything too controversial for a while
In the eyes of his supporters.

The whole racist stuff seems to be quietly accepted, perhaps part of "saying it as it is"? I speculate, only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from his tweets and the stupid stuff he says I think most Trump supporters like what he's done, almost across the board.   I don't think you're going to get much else in this thread.

Aside from his tweets and the stupid stuff he says I think most Trump supporters like what he's done, almost across the board.   I don't think you're going to get much else in this thread.
What has he actually done of note though?

Corporate tax cuts is about all I can think of. 

That’s not really “doing” something.  A smoking monkey could have nominated a conservative justice.  Or two.  

The senate is controlled by the GOP.  It was a layup. 
It’s only been two weeks since this thread was started. Let’s give his supporters some time to mull over the question (Has our President done of said anything that you are not happy about?) With all of the winning that is happening, it’s understandable that they may be st a loss to come up with even one misstep, so let’s give them more time. Maybe a little tidbit will emerge in the upcoming days, given how quiet it has been over the past 30 months. He’s due to slip up any day now.

What has he actually done of note though?

Corporate tax cuts is about all I can think of. 
You are kidding, right?

Supreme Court justices

Rolled back nearly every Obama era regulation or executive order

Rounding up immigrants

Tax "reform" (didn't benefit most of them much but they still like it)

Spars with liberals at every opportunity

Trade wars with China & Mexico

Pulled out of Paris Accord 

Fighting for the wall

established good relationships with the leaders of our friends Russia and North Korea

Space Force!

I could go on but you should get the idea.

• he's not presidential and never will be
  • he won't stop tweeting things to generate negative responses
I don't have to like him personally to see how great things are going under this administration in spite of the Democrats trying to destroy ..... but the above 2 things if he would address would assure him a 2020 win IMO

Godsbrother said:
You are kidding, right?

Supreme Court justices

Rolled back nearly every Obama era regulation or executive order

Rounding up immigrants

Tax "reform" (didn't benefit most of them much but they still like it)

Spars with liberals at every opportunity

Trade wars with China & Mexico

Pulled out of Paris Accord 

Fighting for the wall

established good relationships with the leaders of our friends Russia and North Korea

Space Force!

I could go on but you should get the idea.
Add record low unemployment 

Record low inflation 

smoking hot stock market

wages are starting to increase

to name a few

Record low inflation 

smoking hot stock market

to name a few
Unemployment figures are the best they've seen since the 60s so not record lows but definitely a feather in Trump's cap.   The current inflation rate is still a reasonable 2.1% but actually higher than it's been since 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:

Record low inflation 

smoking hot stock market

to name a few
40% of the country can't afford an unexpected $400 expense. 

I think if they go popping off about how great things are there might be considerable disconnect with a large chunk of the country. 

His continued relationship with Saudi Arabia, particularly after the horrible murder of Jamal Khashoggi, makes me sick. His most recent veto of Congress' attempt to block arms sales, allowing SA to continue to slaughter civilians in Yemen, is not getting enough attention. Great job by Trump diverting attention to Baltimore to keep the discussion away from it.

His continued relationship with Saudi Arabia, particularly after the horrible murder of Jamal Khashoggi, makes me sick. His most recent veto of Congress' attempt to block arms sales, allowing SA to continue to slaughter civilians in Yemen, is not getting enough attention. Great job by Trump diverting attention to Baltimore to keep the discussion away from it.
The veto that republican senators didn't vote down?

You aren't really expecting Trump supporters to say anything negative about him are you?    
Whenever I post something positive to the other thread (about Trump getting credit for something), I bump this one. Someday we'll get to page two here, even if it is just through interludes like these.

I have never seen this thread before today.  My biggest beef with Trump has been him spewing off stuff on Twitter all of the time.  It is often not worded very well and ends up causing unnecessary problems.  I also hate the fact that he likely is an adulterer.   

I have never seen this thread before today.  My biggest beef with Trump has been him spewing off stuff on Twitter all of the time.  It is often not worded very well and ends up causing unnecessary problems.  I also hate the fact that he likely is an adulterer.   
Likely.....

Users who are viewing this thread