What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blockbuster Trade Advice - Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

mellin86

Footballguy
Rock Bottom proposed a trade with Damage Inc.:

Rock Bottom will give
Jackson, Lamar BAL QB
Miller, Anthony CHI WR
Thomas, Michael NOS WR
Howard, O.J. TBB TE

To Damage Inc. for
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR
Robinson, Allen CHI WR
Ertz, Zach PHI TE
Year 2021 Round 2 Draft Pick from Damage Inc.

I am Damage Inc.  Do I make the deal?  This is a dynasty league, and both TY and Ertz are in the last years of their contracts, so I'm losing them after the season.  Robinson has 2 years remaining.  All players I would be receiving have multi-year deals.  Salaries are all very favorable.  I expect to be one of the top teams, so my 2nd round rookie pick would be near the end of the 2nd round.  My starting QB is Wilson, but I have no backup and the only decent QB available in our FA auction next month is Darnold, so there is some urgency there to get a solid backup.  Certainly a downgrade at TE for me, but Howard should still be top 5.  Major increase at WR1, although I lose some depth.  Cooper is my other starting WR, with Coutee as my WR4.  I will have some solid options to choose from in the FA auction to replace Robinson as my WR3.  Who knows what I get from Miller...that's really more of a long-term play.

This is a PPR league, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and then several IDPs each week.  

The fact that you would be losing Ertz and Hilton at the end of the year for nothing makes this pretty easy for me.  I would take Jackson and co. and your team won't really lose a beat.  I also agree.  late 2nd round rookie picks are a dime a dozen, you can get one during the season for a "hot player" at any time.

Do the deal and don't look back

I like this trade for you. You are getting the best player in the deal with Thomas. It hurts to lose Ertz and Hilton but if you can't keep them past this year then I would pull the trigger.

I think this is an easy accept........even without the fact that you lose ertz and Hilton next year.

I also think this is a good move for you. Thomas might be the best player in the deal and some see the upcoming season as Howard's breakout, which would make grabbing him now a good get. 

Users who are viewing this thread