What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When was the last time you changed your hairstyle? (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I've had a buzz cut, a perm, dyed blonde, a mullet... As a kid/young adult I experimented a lot with my hairstyle.  Freshman year of college, I went from parting my hair on the side, to just slicking it back.  27 years later I still have that same hairstyle.  A had one girlfriend that tried to make me change it and I attempted to for about 2 weeks before I gave up on it.  

I'm just wondering how often guys change their hair style if they haven't gone bald.  I can't imagine me changing it ever again.  Just wondering if that's how most heterosexual guys are: Find a style in college and ride it out until the casket closes on you.  

I've had a buzz cut, a perm, dyed blonde, a mullet... As a kid/young adult I experimented a lot with my hairstyle.  Freshman year of college, I went from parting my hair on the side, to just slicking it back.  27 years later I still have that same hairstyle.  A had one girlfriend that tried to make me change it and I attempted to for about 2 weeks before I gave up on it.  

I'm just wondering how often guys change their hair style if they haven't gone bald.  I can't imagine me changing it ever again.  Just wondering if that's how most heterosexual guys are: Find a style in college and ride it out until the casket closes on you.  
I changed where I part my hair four years ago. It looks better this way. 

Freshman year of college, I went from parting my hair on the side, to just slicking it back.  27 years later I still have that same hairstyle.  A had one girlfriend that tried to make me change it and I attempted to for about 2 weeks before I gave up on it.  
You started rolling with a Pat Riley freshmen year of college?  Dude, that girl was trying to do you a favor.

But to answer your question, I’m sticking with feathered center-part til death.

Last edited by a moderator:
For years (decades?) I got my hair cut with a clippers, 1 on the back and sides and 5 on the top. About a year and a half ago, I started to let it grow out. Although I don't let it get to the John Snow length, you get the idea....unless you have no idea who he is. The wife hated it, others seem to really like it. I assume by now, she has grown used to it by now. The only downside....I get hot as hell when doing anything physical these days.  

I let mine grow pretty long in college, my hair has never grown in as thick in the front as it does everywhere else and it got borderline mullety and I cut it. Other than that it's been the same "#3 on the sides and back, blend it in up top" for 15+ years.

Hair is just a hassle to me, if it looked half decent just shaved to a certain length where I could do it at home, I would do that just for the low maintenance but it doesn't look right when I've tried. 

strange- was just thinking about this.

I've done all manner of things into my young 40s... but mostly involving either a shorter, middle or long version. I've got fine, straight hair, so not much I can do with it other the grow it longer or shorter. shaved it in college- when I realized I essentially have a cone head. that was the longest stretch of no sex in my 20s. 

just got back from a week at the beach, and after looking at pictures have realized that my hair in its current thinning state is a liability, rather than the useful weapon it used to be. so that go me thinking something else needs to happen. granted, I'm married- so sex is already out of the picture- but shaving/buzz-cuts bring me right back to those grim dark sexless conehead days... no bueno. but there's not much else for me to do--- friar tuck guy, thinning hair pony tail guy, shaved head conehead guy- these are not good options.

strange- was just thinking about this.

I've done all manner of things into my young 40s... but mostly involving either a shorter, middle or long version. I've got fine, straight hair, so not much I can do with it other the grow it longer or shorter. shaved it in college- when I realized I essentially have a cone head. that was the longest stretch of no sex in my 20s. 

just got back from a week at the beach, and after looking at pictures have realized that my hair in its current thinning state is a liability, rather than the useful weapon it used to be. so that go me thinking something else needs to happen. granted, I'm married- so sex is already out of the picture- but shaving/buzz-cuts bring me right back to those grim dark sexless conehead days... no bueno. but there's not much else for me to do--- friar tuck guy, thinning hair pony tail guy, shaved head conehead guy- these are not good options.
Geez, flop. Head up, chin up.

:kicksrock:  

Went full razor shave on my bald head just shy of two years ago.  Was a buzz cut before that which got shorter and shorter over the years.  College days was a side part with short sides or sometimes a Caesar.

I liked the look until someone told me it looked like I was hiding my receding hairline, which wasn't receding that much at the time.  Went straight to the buzz cut.  
Wow. That's a reality check there. Maybe not really tactful, but a reality check nonetheless.

i had long hair in college. i think i was sporting a "caesar" for a year when i first moved to NYC back in the mid-90's. since then it's been "high & tight" in the Samuel Beckett vein. last change up for me was this year when my barber suggested i more clearly define the part in my hair. he more or less shaved a line where the part had been. i don't know how long i'll keep it but it's a subtle change.

i had long hair in college. i think i was sporting a "caesar" for a year when i first moved to NYC back in the mid-90's. since then it's been "high & tight" in the Samuel Beckett vein. last change up for me was this year when my barber suggested i more clearly define the part in my hair. he more or less shaved a line where the part had been. i don't know how long i'll keep it but it's a subtle change.
I moved mine over and did exactly this. Like a European soccer player, but shorter on top and more refined. 

I used to keep it buzzed pretty short but it has started thinning too much over the last year so now I let it grow a little more on top. Not sure how long I have until it's time to shave it all but I hope a few years still. Far cry from my metal singing day when I had hair halfway down my back. 

ffffffffff... just counted and it's 17 years running of bald buzz cut.  

In the late seventies (around 8-10 y.o.), went from bowl cut to part on left side, so about 40 years.

variations on very short hair since the decision was mine to be made

started going to a professional barber about 5 years ago. probably sticking with this general look until he retires or one of us dies.

with my hair there isn't much that can be done outside of just keeping it very short. i've accepted that and just maintain.

I think it's your avatar, but never envisioned you with a buzz. Huh. 
One on the side, three on top every two weeks.  Used to have longer hair in college when I didn't have money for haircuts and beer.

Met up with some friends last night and they were shocked it was different :lol:  

I always liked a short haircut but never wanted a buzz.  My hair never looked good in a bowl cut (when that was popular), so the lady at Supercuts suggested blending the buzz from the sides into the longer top.  Now they call this the "fade," which I helped make popular by wearing it my entire life.

Started using clippers myself about 15 years ago (was about 30) and been sporting the buzz cut/shaved look ever since.

Frequently (every year or so) change it up.  I've got horse-tail thick hair, but it's coarse and has a mind of its own.  Even haircuts I really llike over time have a tendency to want to start doing odd things, so I'll change it up.  Kind of "scorch the earth" to get back to ground zero, if you will. 

I've had just about every length of hair over the past 20 odd years (other than the gauche "Number 2 everywhere, Gino!"  What are you?  8 years old? Unless you're a Marine...c'mon, man.)  from "Jesus" to "Final Fantasy VII Character."  Rocking a semi-undercut now that's starting to grow out.  Need to do something else with it.

Dont have any hair left, but i did change my facial hair. For years & years i sported a Skydog, but i switched to a negative of that and now have a foot-long VanDyke.

Had beautiful long hair when i was a hippie - looked like the lion in the Wizard of Oz. By the time i met my Mary, though, i pretty much kept it all in a pony tail. Mary hated pony tails but she didnt bark @ me about it right away.

We worked on an adolescent psych unit together and one night an Iranian gay patient found something with which to slash his wrists after a family session (Reno was filled w Iranian gay folk who'd been banished to America by their families) and made an alarming mess of himself. Scary Mary was the Einstein of those kind of sitches and handled the disarming & comforting with aplomb. Was now the matter of the bandaging to attend, so she instructed me to keep contact with him while she went for first-aid materials. When she returned she saw me holding the patient like a new dad holds a diaper. Guess i was afraid of overstimulating him or catching the gay (this was 35 yrs ago) or whatever but Mary was decidedly not pleased.

She decided to handle my ponytail & homophobia in one fell swoop. She made an appointment for me w her hairdresser, Clint, who is the gayest man i've ever known. For years, each time i'd go to see him, it was, "Well, rub my Clint, our darling hippie has come down from the hills for to have his hedges trimmed!!" Now, i had never even been to a barber, went straight from me Da's electric razor to total growout, interrupted only by my friend Carol's occasional shag. For over an hour Clint fussed and fretted and flipped divisions of wikkidhair to & fro. I knew i was still somewhat auditioning for Mary's love - we were a very new item - so i was well behaved, but she often teased my that watching my eyes dart & jaw clench thru this hour was the best show she ever saw.

But he did magic. Swept hair this way and that, refined my whiskers and gave my Irish moonface the first cleanly defined lines it had ever sported. When he was thru, i was one epee away from being the Fifth Musketeer. Loved it so much, i asked for care & comb-out instructions. Gay for a day.

#2 on the sides and back and just a bit longer than finger length on top.  Had it a little longer on top for a while so I could part it to the side but gave up on that.  I've gone gray so the shorter the better (looks blondish when short).

Last change was 4-5 years ago to a classic side part - medium length, natural part (not shaved).

Had a ‘front flip’ in my 20s - early 30s after a brief dalliance with a caesar (which was not a flattering look on me). Was a middle part from about 5th-6th grade to senior year of high school (90s trend). Bowl cut alternating with buzz cut (summer look) in grade school.

rockaction said:
We preferred to think of ourselves in the George Clooney realm
Yeah I’ve been rocking the Clooney for about 20 years now, although it’s growing out a bit...starting to look more like Gerald broflovski.  Probably gonna have to go with the Bruce Willis in the next 5-10 years

When I got out of law school and had to start job interviews. The 70's "I never get a haircut look" didn't seem wise. So, 41 years (although nature is changing the style for me now).

1.5 to 2 years ago? started just going "no guard" and buzzing it all the way down about once every week or so. Shaved it all off a couple times last summer but that seemed like too much work. 

shortly before that work put TVs on the walls of all the conference rooms with cameras above the TV. Default view when starting a meeting was the room you are in. Once I got a view of my head from that angle, it was obvious it was time...

before the balding thing, the previous change was probably 17 or 18 years ago - a few years after getting married. Went to a shorter look - basically a 1 or 2 guard on the sides, 3 to 5 guard on top, depending on season and mood at the time of cut. Bought a clipper set and had my wife start cutting it since scissors were no longer involved. Main motivation was being cheap - still have the same clipper set I got for like 40 bucks and never paid for a haircut again. 

I have like 3 hairstyles I’ve cycled through the last 15 years or so. All basically vary on part or no part, short or medium length so not a huge difference. 

Users who are viewing this thread